Quizilla's Losses are Twitter's Gains - Comments

  • evie may.

    evie may. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    New Zealand
    You know, I'm actually feeling kind of sympathetic to the Quizillians who will jump ship and come over here. They're gonna have to flail around as n00bs...
    September 1st, 2010 at 01:38pm
  • authorleesa

    authorleesa (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Australia
    i can't believe they didn't warn anybody, i have copies of all my stories (thank god!) but alot of people don't and have probably lost all their stuff or at least most of it. Alot of the stories on there were awesome, but i bet they'll be deleted and i'll never get to finnish reading them. So much work written by talented people is gone for good. R.I.P.
    p.s. quizilla sucks, i'm never watching MTV again or having anything to do with nickolodeon or the colour orange!
    September 1st, 2010 at 01:38pm
  • carrotpig

    carrotpig (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    Oh crap I messed up on my comment below. I meant that Quizilla's losses are MIBBA'S gains. sorry!
    September 1st, 2010 at 10:20am
  • anesthesia

    anesthesia (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    It was fair enough when they said no smutty stuff. A simple nod to the dirty deed could be just as effective as the whole shebang if written properly. However, this is going too far. I used to avidly use Quizilla, mostly on the forums, but those died out for the most part about two years ago. However, I have never found a roleplaying community like I did on Quizzy.

    That being said, the people and moderators on there were extremely rude. I began using Quizilla in fifth grade, around 04 or 05. The moderators there were (for the most part) intollerable, calling me names, literally putting me down for my writing efforts. (I was 11, what did they want, Stephen King novels? Anne Rice?). I believe they made a thread on the forums called "Which Usernames and Users do you hate most?" I was mentioned frequently as 'incompetent (incompetant? I cannot spell tonight,) and immature. It seemed that between 80-90% of users on that site had a superiority complex, even though only about 20% of users could write a compelling plotline and/or a grammatically correct story. Sad to say, but most of those users were the nice ones.

    When Viacom (the parent company of MTV) took over the site three years ago, there was a huge downfall. Everything became unorganized, and glitches began to appear. There was a time when Quizilla functioned properly and was, for the most part, organized the way it should have been.

    All this being said, I doubt too many people will cry over the death of the site, because if you used it long enough, you'd know it's been dead a lot longer than this crap has been going on.
    September 1st, 2010 at 09:34am
  • Christelline

    Christelline (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I never was one for Quizilla. Personally, I hate the site. I feel bad for the writers who have lost their work. I know what it's like to have that happen to you.
    September 1st, 2010 at 08:51am
  • carrotpig

    carrotpig (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I disagree, I think Quizilla's Losses are Twitter's gain. When Quizilla updated in '08 so many people migrated here, it was a big issue for Quizilla.

    But anyway, I've received plenty of messages on Quizilla dubbing it 'Quizilla crisis' I think 'Quizilla-gate 2010' fits nicely.
    September 1st, 2010 at 08:21am
  • mackulovski

    mackulovski (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Canada
    Ugh. So that's what is going on... I kept on going on Quizilla but it would direct me to MTV.com which is garbage to me at the moment. I tried going on their new domain 'quizilla.teennick.com' and it would send me to the main page but whenever I went somewhere else, it would send me to an 'Error 404: Page not found' page. I used to post stories and poems up there. I don't have any series' and the poems and one-shots I do have on there were two years old.

    What I do have on there are subscriptions to stories that I absolutely love to read and I honestly am pissed that Quizilla or MTV or whoever effing owns the site didn't even warn us about it. Who is going to take them seriously if they're going to delete stuff without anyone even being warned about it.

    Stupid moderators.
    September 1st, 2010 at 08:17am
  • Train

    Train (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Thats bullshit. Good thing I deleted my account months ago. Now I only go on Quizilla to take the daily quizzes. They're fun and a good time-waster when you're bored. I think Quizilla is trying to have their members under the ages of thirteen. I mean seriously, they merged with Nickelodeon. I remember when they were just with The-N. And that was for teenagers. Quizilla used to be good, too bad new Moderators took over and changed everything to crappy conditions. I remember those "Save the Lemons!" type of articles. I admit I was one of the millions who kept that chain going. Freedom of speech, Quizilla!
    September 1st, 2010 at 07:11am
  • California Dreamin

    California Dreamin (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I remember when Quizilla was good, like really organized and that was....five or six years ago. It was so easy to find thing then but when TeenNick came in they just ruined everything. I'm glad I'm not on there anymore, plus it was so....impersonal on that site
    September 1st, 2010 at 06:57am
  • SweetLilBabyGirl

    SweetLilBabyGirl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    South Africa
    I started Quizilla last year. The website is surprisingly unorganized, unusable and one definitely can't trust it. I've received over fifty VIRUSES on my computer, ever since I started my Quizilla account. The moderators are disrespectful and other users are downright rude. They should just get rid of this site for once and for all, all my friends have left - and so have I!
    September 1st, 2010 at 06:55am
  • laredo.

    laredo. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I used to have a Quizilla. Then it started changing, so I just left.
    Quizilla started going downhill like three years ago.
    It's ridiculous.
    September 1st, 2010 at 06:25am
  • auden

    auden (650)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I left Quizilla to come here.

    Hardly anyone knows how to categorize stories and submits them to quizzzes.
    -facepalm-

    It's more organized and professional here.

    And here is proof that Quizilla is utter rubbish.
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:57am
  • AnneAlysse

    AnneAlysse (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    No. Freaking. Way. NONE of my stories are G-rated, so I am now hesitant to go see what havoc has been wreaked upon my stuff...This is SHIT. I knew Quizilla was getting sucky, but I never thought it would go this far! If they want to delete everything, screw 'em. There are much better sites on the web, ones who are much less likely to sell out like they did. And thank goodness for that!
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:51am
  • ti-nspire

    ti-nspire (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    This is making me really mad...NONE of my stories are even relatively close to G-Rated. Thank God that they're backed up on here and on my flashdrive.
    But GAH, I had sooo many views and ratings on all of my stories...way more than on here. Really disappointed :/
    Although, I do prefer the way Mibba is set up. But I got my start on Quizilla.
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:49am
  • hide.my.fate

    hide.my.fate (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    HAHA! -_- I'm not surprised. Quizilla has gone down the drain within the last three years. Those of you who think it sucks--well, get used to it. *heavy sigh* It only gets worse from there. I'm a long-time Quizillian and nothing has gotten better since I joined Mibba except for the fact that Mibba is now my new writing place. *sigh again* Best of luck.
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:40am
  • Sweet Memories

    Sweet Memories (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    what about the stories, quizzes and all the other stuff on there, will they be deleted?
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:39am
  • totallytasha

    totallytasha (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    God i was wondering why i couldn't get on there. i love my stories this just pisses me off to no end. G-rated stories are completely boring.
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:38am
  • nononononooo

    nononononooo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    holy crap! that's completely insane.
    my friend used to have a Quizilla, before it was associated with TeenNick or whatever.. a lot has changed.
    sad really.
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:22am
  • Sweet Memories

    Sweet Memories (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    It's not fair i just posted a new story on there!!! why??! is this happening???
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:18am
  • perfect disaster;

    perfect disaster; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    WHAT?! Are you freakin' kidding me? So THATS why I couldn't get on, because I had every intention of updating today.

    Great. I bet everyone is raising Hell.

    Hell, I would/am going to if my stories are deleted.

    I'm just saying, that's stupid. How are we supposed to express our creativity if anything we post has to be "G" rated? So what everything has to have a G-rating just in case a five-year old stumbles onto the site?
    September 1st, 2010 at 05:15am