Casey Calvert's Death Called Accidental Overdose

Casey Calvert's Death Called Accidental Overdose On the 25th November, Hawthorne Heights fans around the world were left devastated, as it was revealed that, guitarist, Casey Calvert has passed away while on tour, in Washington D.C. Casey's death came as a great shock and people where left wondering, "what could have caused his death, at such a young age."

It has now been revealed that Casey's death was due to a "acute combined effects of opiate, citalopram and clonazepam intoxication." Citalopram and clonazepam are prescription drugs, and are used to treat people suffering from depression, panic attacks and seizure disorders. Prior to leaving for the tour Casey was prescribed Vicodin (an opiate) for the pain, caused from a root canal.

Casey never tried to hide that fact that he was suffering with depression, and it is well known within his band. In a statement released shorty after the toxicology report, drummer Eron Bucciarelli said: "Casey wrestled with depression for as long as we knew him. He saw numerous doctors and took an ever-changing array of medicines to get better. He finally had his depression under control. "

With any drug overdose in the music industry, it is heavily associated with "substance abuse". With Casey however this wasn't the case. Within the same statement Eron Bucciarelli wanted to make this clear amongst, fans and media by saying:

"Opiates being mentioned along with the term "substance abuse", coupled with "rockstar" stereotypes immediately conjure up images of hard drug use and addiction, which simply couldn't be further from the truth in Casey's instance."

Drummer of Hawthorne Heights, Eron closed his statement with: "Casey was not involved in anything illegal nor was he a substance abuser."

Latest articles