Beady Eye Releases Single

Beady Eye Releases Single After Oasis' breakup in August of 2008, Liam Gallagher announced he was forming a new band, Beady Eye, with Oasis' guitarist Gem Archer, drummer Chris Sharrock, and bassist Andy Bell.

Their first single, "Bring the Light," was released on November 10th, available for free on their website. It was highly criticized throughout the industry. Alan McGee, former Creation Records head, spoke out about the doubters, saying that you couldn't judge a band on one song and that they'd have to wait for the album to be sure.

The free download comes with four wallpapers of the band, the single, and a stencil to print out and use to put the Beady Eye logo on your things.

They also released "Bring the Light" on a 7" single. The four thousand copies available sold out quickly, and every single featured the b-side "Sons of the Stage." It is figured that this is the only place that the b-side will be available.

"Bring the Light" has a driving backbeat, an up-tempo melody, and an old school rock 'n' roll piano part. While not lyrically profound, it is a quality pop tune.

Beady Eye's debut album is due for release in the summer of 2011.

Latest articles