6-Year-Old Girl Lies In Essay For Hannah Montana Concert

6-Year-Old Girl Lies In Essay For Hannah Montana Concert A 6-year-old girl who falsely claimed her father died in Iraq in an essay will not be going to the teen pop star's show after all.

Club Libby Lu- the contest's sponsor awarded the prize to another contestant, who has not been identified.

“With this decision, we hope to revive the intended spirit of the contest, which was designed to make a little girl's holiday extra special,” Chief Executive of Club Libby Lu said in a Saturday's statement.

In addition to four concert tickets, the girl also won a makeover that included a blonde Hannah Montana wig, as well as the grand prize of four plane tickets to Albany N.Y.- to see the sold out concert on Jan. 9.

The opening line of the essay was: “My daddy died this year in Iraq.”

Club Libby Lu said confirmed that the girl's mother had told Lu officials that her husband died April 17 in a roadside bombing. But the mother, Priscilla Ceballos admitted later Friday that the essay and military confirmations about her husband's death were false.

“We did the essay and that's what we did to win. We did whatever we could to win,” Ceballos said in an interview Friday with KDFW-TV of Dallas. “But when (Caulfield) asked me if this essay were true, I said, 'No, this essay is not true.”

Latest articles