Essential Songs for Your Summer Playlist

Vacationer – “Good As New”

A feel-good song you should definitely play on the way to a weekend beach trip or getaway adventure. Keeping your feet anchored to the ground while your head’s in the clouds, this tune is a must for some playful, summer fun fit for memories to last a lifetime.

Fireworks – “The Wild Bunch”

Pop punk at its finest with a great track by Michigan-based band Fireworks, as is seen in this song. With inspiring lyrics fueled by nonstop guitar accompaniment, this song is flawless for an early morning listen dedicated to friends and loved ones.

Grouplove – “Tongue Tied”

With the calm intro of this song lulling you into a dream-like state of funky happiness, this song is truly reminiscent of simpler times. Cool lyrics set you into motion and the mood to have some truly great moments with your best friend – while leaving you fulfilled with a sense of love and all that is awesome.

The Kooks – “Always Where I Need to Be”

British indie rock band The Kooks bring you a carefree song about acknowledging difficult decisions with a catchy chorus. Cute lyrics about hummingbirds and relationships bring you a great soundtrack for any activities you might be doing this summer.

Man Overboard – “Spunn”

Off of their sophomore full-length album, Man Overboard brings a song about overcoming obstacles. A melodic tune for confusion and dealing with the complications of life and heartache, this is a necessity for any melancholy you might be in during the hot summer months.

Vampire Weekend – “Run”

Another great song about running away with a loved one, this one a personal favorite of mine. A song truly about heart-hitting inspiration to get away from it all, set to a nice backdrop of trumpets and the cute melody of Ezra Koenig’s voice really sets you free while the true innocence of summer is kept intact. Great song for any moment you might have this summer.

Kids of 88 – “Tucan (feat. Alisa Xayalith)”

Capturing the true essence of escape and all that is truly dreamy and pop, “Tucan” is a great soundtrack to some late-afternoon jamming for you by yourself or with a friend. Keeping you interested with meaningful vocals and amazing echoes and effects, this song is almost a siren song to a summer vacation playlist.

Passion Pit – “Let Your Love Grow Tall”

This classically enchanting tune by Passion Pit is a definite must-have for your summer playlist. With a magical pairing of trance-like vocals and a great techno-influenced, indie sound, it’s a great song for any late-night drives or trip to foreign lands, even a simple walk in your town to this song can make everything seem brighter and full of life.

Steve Aoki - “Pursuit of Happiness [Kid Cudi (feat. MGMT & Ratatat)]”

Because on every summer playlist there has to be at least one song you can truly party to.

Latest articles