The Journey of Comment Swap

I happen to be one of the users of Comment Swap. For a time during the summer, I was endlessly pressing the button and commenting away. Some members even called me the "Knight of Comment Swap."

The feature is incredibly useful on this productive website, where there are new stories posted every few minutes, and a slim chance at time for a story to be noticed. Thus, when I first noticed comment swap, I was extremely excited and went off on a commenting spree. I ended up receiving many kind comments and many constructive criticisms that have already made their way into my writing.

Comment Swap is actually a really nice way to make some friends as well. There are talented writers here with kind personalities. You never know who you might meet. It actually becomes quite interesting to see the same author commenting on different stories and then seeing their stories as well and how their writing changes over time.

The biggest thing that it is does is get people to read your work, think it through, and give you a real substantive comment. More writers should check it out. Your writing might be missing something, like the grounding it needs to keep readers from floating off into the imaginative space of your dialogues, and Comment Swap is a great tool to find out what. It is also helpful to get those, sometimes annoying, comments on layouts. People should be able to at least read your story, but there's the benefit of the Default Layout Button.

Although, there are times when you must shift through endless clichés or jumpy editing, fear not young reader, most stories do have originality in them, and the swift thing about Comment Swap is that you are encouraged to gift constructive criticism. I have actually seen stories change so much. It is incredible. Also, with this system people are waiting for comments. That means that stories with meaning and thought-out plots are usually coming in.

So go out there and give some creative feedback. Get your writing shifted and sorted and watch stories blossom before your eyes!

Latest articles