DCHS Rocks Out at Band Expo

The Douglas County Expo was held on September 25th. A total of five high schools and eight middle schools attended the event. The Band Exposition is when all the high schools in Douglas County come together to perform their routines and decide who is the best band. And as expected the Douglas County High School band truly showed their colors. It was a beautiful performance of salsa and samba pieces, with intricate marching and flag routines. Although Alexander may have received first place, Douglas County High School kept their heads up and went out with a bang when they united with the other schools in a performance of Dynamite.

Kamnran Wilson, sophomore, and member of the DCHS marching band was pumped to play at the Expo. As a member of the Drum line he had a lot to live up to; he had to carry the band with the tempo and rhythm. “It was a lot of work, but we did really well,” although “we could have done better, our band didn’t really break the glass like Alexander.” He wasn’t the only band member that felt that way but the audience thought it was phenomenal.

Debra Lane, supporter of both Lithia Springs and Douglas County Marching band, was mesmerized by the performance of the Tiger’s marching band. “They were amazing, and they really know how to march.” She talked about how when she was a part of the color guard for LSHS they really didn’t have a true marching style, but the schools have all really improved and changed the game. She wasn’t the only one who admired the marching band styles of DCHS, either, several students at DCHS really admire their performances and wish the band had more time to perform for the student body as a whole.

All five high schools in Douglas County attended the Exposition, Lithia Springs High school, Alexander High school, Chapel Hill High school, Douglas County High school, and New Manchester High school. The night was a spectacular full of Oldies Rock, Michael Jackson, Mission Impossible, and Salsa music. The night ended as every band in attendance, even the middle school bands, joined together on the New Manchester football field and rocked out as a single unit to one of today’s hits, "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. Supporters look forward to seeing them at the football games coming up.

Latest articles