26th Anniversary of Randy Rhoads

26th Anniversary of Randy Rhoads Randy Rhoads: Diary of an Axeman

"This article is for all you guitarists, bassists, vocalists and drummers. For the passionate musicians who blare through your stereo speakers everyday. The men and woman who create such a life saving substance that you hear. For the kids,who are inspired or inspiring,and the parents who were once young and felt the same way."

A legend, an idol, a man of many talents and an inspiration. Born on December 6, 1956 and died March 19th, 1982.

He is widely known by your parents generation, and many people of todays society as an American Heavy Metal Guitarist who was best known as playing for Ozzy Osbourne. Before being recruited by Ozzy, he was in another band that many know of today, which is Quiet Riot. He was a devoted student of classical guitar, he often combined his classical music influences with his own heavy metal style. While on tour with Ozzy Osbourne, he would often seek out classical guitar tutors for lessons.

On March 19th 1982, out of peer fun, Randy, the bus driver of the tour bus and his hairdresser attempted something unthinkable. The driver, Andrew Aycock, took Randy and hairdresser Rachel Youngblood on a flight in a Beechcraft Bonanza he had taken without permission. They attempted to 'buzz' the tour bus, and just give it a little shake, while Ozzy and Sharon were asleep inside. On the third attempt to do it,the right wing clipped the right side of the tour bus by accident, leading to the crash of the plane into Calhoun's nearby mansion, completely destroying its front. Nobody in the mansion was hurt. Randy, age 25, was killed instantly, as were Aycock, 36, and Youngblood, 58.

Despite his short career,Randy Rhoads is a house hold name,if your parents grew up listening to Heavy Metal. He is sighted as a legend,idol and highly influenced
on the guitar players that you see play today.

Even though he died at a young age,his soul and music still lives on through the ages.

R.I.P Randy Rhoads
The Day the Music Died.

Latest articles