Anxiety Cancels White Stripes Tour

Anxiety Cancels White Stripes Tour Citing “health issues”, the famous Detroit duo composed of ex-spouses Meg and Jack White have halted their touring for the rest of this year.

As announced on their official website and MySpace on September 11: “Meg White is suffering from acute anxiety and is unable to travel at this time.” The original cancellations made on September 11 included the rest of the dates on the North American leg of their tour. However, as of September 12, The White Stripes have also announced the cancellation of their United Kingdom dates.

The White Stripes first debuted in 1998 with their eponymous album, The White Stripes. However, they are more well-known for their albums White Blood Cells and Elephant (Elephant spawned the popular singles “Seven Nation Army” and “The Hardest Button To Button”). They are currently signed on the Warner Brothers (US) and XL Recordings (UK) labels.

The Icky Thump tour - promoting their newest album of the same name - had began in Europe on June 1. The North American tour had kicked off on June 17 in Manchester, Tennessee (the supporting band for a majority of the concert dates was the Californian indie rock band Cold War Kids).

Refunds can be attained by contacting the place purchased. The complete list of cancellations can be found under the “Shows” tab on the official website.

Latest articles