Crossovers, Links and a Sighting

Crossovers, Links and a Sighting I've waited nearly a whole week to be able to report again about the latest Doctor Who episode. And, although the next Doctor Who episode is only a day away I feel the need to write, and I have so many things I wish to say in relation to Doctor Who, and perhaps even Torchwood, that some things need to be said.

Yesterday I was called downstairs by my sister to watch the ending of the latest Torchwood episode that we had taped. I stood there watching it, entranced at how links were made to Doctor Who. Captain Jack Harkness, talking about how he needs "to find the right kind of Doctor" and then noticing that his "hand in a jar" was glowing. As you'll remember from the last Doctor Who episode, the hand in the jar is actually that of the Doctor's.

The excitement inside me grew. I could feel it in my chest, bursting to get out. The feeling of knowing, being able to point out all these links just made me so..happy. Then, to top it all off, that sound that is oh so familiar to us Doctor Who fans , that sound of the TARDIS landing could be heard. One second Harkness was standing there with the Doctors hand in the jar, and the next second he was gone. Disappeared. I think I may have squealed with glee at the idea that this episode of Torchwood could be linked to last weeks episode of Doctor Who, "Utopia".

I'll admit it. I am a nerd. A geek. I love science fiction, and even though I didn't see the full episode of Torchwood, just the ending was enough to evoke such feeling that it didn't even matter that I hadn't seen the start.

To add to my obsession, my mother bought my sister and I the first season of Torchwood on DVD today. If you're obsessed like me and wish to feed the obsession which may eventually lead to you dressing up as Harkness at the next Sci-Fi convention, then Torchwood is available on DVD from most leading DVD retailers.

On another note, I was asked to report that the Doctor has been seen in Newtown, a trendy suburb in Sydney, Australia. The witness said she saw "a man who looked a lot like the Doctor, with a smug look of a Time Lord on his face, walking past me, perhaps looking for a new partner". The witness also stated that "I would have liked to be his new partner, but when I turned around he was gone". However, this was a couple of weeks ago. There have been no more reported sightings of the Doctor since.

Latest articles