Edition 1

Edition 1 Mainstream, hell no! Local, hell yeah! If you don’t like raunchy, sleazy, awesome, local punk bands, I highly suggest you turn away from this column. It’ll serve you no good. But, if you do like that sorta crap, I promise you will love this.

Sacramento is California’s Mecca for local punk. Some say it’s the Bay Area, but if that slips from their mouth, they are highly wrong. Do get me wrong, the Bay Area is freaking awesome, but Sac Town is the best.

Ashtray, Isonomy, Final Summation, No Admission, and my personal favorite, The Secretions... They are only a few awesome bands we have around this area.

But, this week, I will focus on The Secretions.

This band is one of the most sleazy and raunchiest of them all. “Jerkin’ Off to You”, from their new album, Faster than the Speed of Drunk, states “When I look at your face I see a target for every ounce of my love and it’s aiming right between the eyes. ‘Cause you’re young and I’m old, the story has already been told...”

Some people may find their music a bit profane, but it’s full of high energy punk that is a blast to mosh to. Trust me, I’ve been there.

The drummer and lead singer, Danny Secretion, is just about one of the coolest and most awesome guys you will find. He is an A+ example of a well balanced person. He is a fourth grade Catholic teacher by day and an asshole in his band at night.

Mickie Rat and Paul Filthy make up the rest of the band. With Mickie on bass and sometimes lead vocals, and Paul on the guitar, throw in Danny on drums and you’ve got the perfect combination for a band called the Secretions.

As I stated earlier, rock on 916 punk!

If you feel like listening to them, this might help you.

Latest articles