Abortion: Solution Or Murder? - Comments

  • Black.Bloodful.Tears

    Black.Bloodful.Tears (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I believe that abortion is MURDER, every year at my school the eldest classes, senoirs have to do an art project and they have to draw a picture, paint, or whatever and say how much abortion is wrong. It's wrong knowing your putting another persons life to death. Think about the baby first, instead of yourself. Or is other cases. USE A CONDOM, 15 and younger should not have sex, and if they do use protection. Abortion is WRONG, and I hope it will be illegal soon.
    June 30th, 2008 at 11:02pm
  • jonas_gurl

    jonas_gurl (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    It's murder. It's not the baby's falut if you had sex when you were 15 and got pregnant.
    June 30th, 2008 at 06:11pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    edit:: I've known both sides of the argument off people I know and care about. I just wanna say that I've sn differnt situations, includin one where the mother had mental health issues (my aunt) as well as physical. Yes she could have had the baby, but she'd been raped repeatedly as a kid as well as abused in other ways.
    She personally wanted to know that if she was havng another kid, she'd be able to protect it hersef, plus at the time it may have been a risk to both of them anyway.
    I love her, and although I wouldn'd recommend an abortion, I know some-mothers do have problems.
    June 25th, 2008 at 08:33pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I don't like the idea of abortion, but where it's a risk to the baby or the mother, or any reason that would really effect the child, maybe it's right. Hounestly, i think most mothers should have the kid then put it up for adoption if they don't want it, but certain situations means you have no choice. It's not always as easy as yes or no.
    June 25th, 2008 at 08:27pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I do think abortion is wrong and it is definately inhumane, but if it really was the mothers only choice, then so be it. It shouldn't be illegal in the UK, what if the parent has a eptopic pregnancy (where the baby develops in the fellopian tube) and the mother doesnt know, this could kill both mother and baby so I think abortion shouldn't be banned.
    June 23rd, 2008 at 05:13pm
  • Be_Not_Seen

    Be_Not_Seen (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Abortion is wrong, I think. But under certain curcumstances like rape or incest, I think it could be allowed. It's still awful. :'{ those poor innocent babies.
    June 13th, 2008 at 12:08am
  • nightstalker

    nightstalker (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    i think its right. i personally wouldn't get one but other people should be able to choose what they think is right to get an abortion
    June 11th, 2008 at 03:35pm
  • ChelleChelle

    ChelleChelle (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Abortion is just wrong. No matter whose baby it is. Its MURDER. Once conceived, it has a soul and you can not change that.

    Abortion clinics are murderous places, thats just my opinion.
    June 10th, 2008 at 08:57pm
  • EmmieVengeance

    EmmieVengeance (110)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    38
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I personally think it depends on your situation. If you've been raped for example, then you should be allowed one, it's not your fault.
    If you're unable to care for the child then you should be allowed one.
    But if you're one of these people who see it as a form of birth control (I know these people!) then that's wrong.

    But I don't think that other people have a right to tell a woman what she can and cannot do with her body and her life. At the end of the day the man can leave you high and dry.

    I was watching something about this on TV the other week, and this man, awful he was, said, "It's the woman’s right and responsibility to care for this unborn child, she has no right to abort it, she is pregnant and she must have the baby and care for it" I personally wanted to throw my coffee at him!
    June 5th, 2008 at 12:37am
  • onlytwocubesdown

    onlytwocubesdown (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Oh yeah, and I agree with an earlier comment.

    How the hell do you tell your child that his/her daddy is in prison because he raped you. At the age I started asking who my dad was, I didn't even know what rape was.
    June 4th, 2008 at 07:21pm
  • onlytwocubesdown

    onlytwocubesdown (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think it's crueler to bring an unwanted child into the world than to have it aborted.

    And I agree with earlier comments, different situations call for different solutions.

    I'm pro-choice
    June 4th, 2008 at 07:11pm
  • Reggae Hit LA

    Reggae Hit LA (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Canada
    The fetus itself doesn't actually show any signs of life until after the third month. That's why you can't get an abortion after the first trimester.

    Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born.

    Anyone who says that abortion is murder obviously hasn't known someone who's had one or thought about the other opinions besides their own. Are you so arrogant that you would say that the rights of an undeveloped fetus take precedence over the rights of a grown human being?

    The bottom line is that abortion is a womans' personal choice. The government and your opinions have no place in her body. How can us women ever hope to become equal to a man if we aren't allowed to control our own fertility? Like it or not, abortion should be here to stay. Abolition of a woman's right to abortion, when and if she wants it, amounts to compulsory maternity: a form of rape by the State.

    Seventy-seven percent of anti-abortion leaders are men. 100% of them will never be pregnant.

    Against abortion? Don't have one.

    Simple as that.
    June 3rd, 2008 at 01:59am
  • shaymeless

    shaymeless (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    this abortion thing is getting way out of hand! LISTEN PEOPLE! ! ! not one of us can speak for all the woman in the world! i mean we are not all the same! could u tell some girl what to do with her life. how would u like it have someone rip all of ur dreams away in a minute!
    and what if it wasn't consentual, huh? what if she didn't want it to happen and it wasn't her fault?
    or what if it was some teenage girl who made a mistake. it would ruin her rep and possibly her life!
    its their body and u kno nothing about those women. and a fetus can't live without the mother. if u gave the fetus rights u'd be stripping women of all their rights! if they did hav right, then girls like u and me would be able to drive, hang out with friends or anything when were pregnant, and maybe even before we are.
    So leave the topic alone. Women have enough pressure as it is!
    June 3rd, 2008 at 01:46am
  • HOLDYOURBREATH!;

    HOLDYOURBREATH!; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Ireland
    Yes, true.
    but.. a flower is a living thing, and so is a fetus.
    a flower doesen't flow blood, and doesent require a mother.
    a flower doesen't need to be carried around in a woman's stomach for 9 months.

    A flower does not, nor ever will breathe, but a fetus will, after fully grown, therefore it's not like picking a flower.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 10:51pm
  • Nailpolish Erotican

    Nailpolish Erotican (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    40
    Location:
    United States
    Abortion isn't wrong at all because a fetus is not alive, therefore can't be murdered.

    get one thing straight:
    fetus does not equal baby.

    getting an abortion is no different from picking a flower.
    June 2nd, 2008 at 10:10pm
  • loverIamloveless

    loverIamloveless (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Im fully against abortion. If a girl is stupid enough to not use protection in the act and she gets prego, thats he fault and stupidity. The baby didnt ask for it, if you dont want it, put it up for adoption.
    May 30th, 2008 at 04:44pm
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    Abortion is murder. People can make up excuses for it all day and night, but it's still taking a life that exists. No, they aren't born yet. They migh not have fully formed, but they still are [i]living[/i].

    If they weren't alive, they wouldn't grow; wouldn't move.

    The whole 'woman's right' thing has to end somewhere. I'll be the first to tell you they end where a child's life begins - At conception.
    May 25th, 2008 at 04:33am
  • annoes

    annoes (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I'm totally Pro-Life!
    I watched the Silent Scream when I was 8 and I decided right there that abortion was wrong.
    It's murder! So what if some teenager got pregnant? Most of the time, it was her own fault! She wanted to sleep around!
    As for rape pregnancies: TWO WRONGS DON'T MAKE A RIGHT. Why not change some thing that was horrible into something beautiful?
    I don't believe in such things as an "unwanted" baby. Adoption is a fricken option. Anti-lifers get all hysterical about that one, too, saying it would be hard for the mother to let go of her child and it would create heartache. That is B-S! So, the better thing to do is rip it out?
    Thank you for voicing your opinion! I know that most of the time when people who are pro-life try to stand up for themselves get totally bombarded with idiotic comments.
    May 24th, 2008 at 10:55pm
  • Adelaide

    Adelaide (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I think that having an abortion is one of the most terrible things a human can do. Not only because it is against my religion but also because it gives a human the right to choose whether or not a person should live. Humans don't get to choose who lives and dies. God does. That also why I am against any types of murder or death caused by another or yourself. I think it should all be stopped. Immediately.
    VOTE RON PAUL '08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    May 21st, 2008 at 10:46pm
  • tuffout_tenderin

    tuffout_tenderin (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    im totally against it... my simple words to this is you never now what futur a baby has, you dont know if that baby will have the cure for AIDS, put a stop to world hunger, or simply do someone on this world good, other options are available and thats all their is to it. STOP KILLING & START LOVIN :) good article by the way
    May 21st, 2008 at 12:52am