"God Made Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve." - Comments

  • creature fear.

    creature fear. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Nice article.

    I feel like I just need to put this out there, just 'cause:

    BEING GAY IS NOT A CHOICE.
    October 14th, 2008 at 11:17pm
  • Little Wanderer

    Little Wanderer (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    they say... if someone hears a fact from 24 different sources, he/she will believe it. they've told us, oh, you're born 'that way', it's ok to love another guy."
    GET THE **** REAL!
    change is always possible, no matter the situation. a child can become a killer, a killer can become a mother, a mother can become a teacher, a teacher can become a hermit, a hermit can become a psychologist. i'm female and i admit that i understand having feelings for another female. but actually... being... close to that person is completely sick, ill, unnatural, disgusting, and perverted.
    and no, i make no apology for the truth.
    October 14th, 2008 at 09:13pm
  • Fine.China

    Fine.China (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm so last summer,
    "Eve was a whore anyways. Straight people do things that don't cause creation. Butt-sex, Oral-sex, Phone-sex. And the only thing they create is hate."

    This was incredibly disrespectful and ignorant of you to say. First of all, gays don't do anything that cause creation. Butt-sex, oral-sex, and probably phone-sex, too. Last time I checked, straight couples were making a hell of a lot more babies than gay couples. Don't get me wrong, I love gay people, but that doesn't mean I hate straight people, even if they do oppose gay couples. It's wrong to hate someone because of their beliefs.
    Now how about you look at all the positive comments coming from the straight people here on mibba. Yeah, I found one that disapproves of gay couples.
    It's not like we're any different, right? It's what's trying to be proven here. Straight people make just as much hate as gay people do and vise versa.

    Sorry if that comment was supposed to be a joke... I couldn't tell.
    October 14th, 2008 at 04:34am
  • Xdemon-angelX

    Xdemon-angelX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I think gay marrige should be allowed. I mean gay people are peole, some of them have the same views as me and you. And the the rest have the same views as someone else. To me they are just people. No matter who they love or who they sleep with. Just because you don't agree with the fact that they like/love the same sex doesn't mean they are any different! Did you know that gays/bisexual/lesbians aren't allowed in the military/army. How crazy is that?? Someone once said "If Gays want to get married, they should have the same right to unhappiness as the rest of us." And I think that if that's what they want to do let them. People wouldn't complain if it was anyone else, so why complain with them? On that note I say people are people no matter who or what they screw/love/care for. So why treat them any different?

    I'm a stright girl with lots and lots of gay support!
    October 14th, 2008 at 02:36am
  • Kat.

    Kat. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with this article. Sure, the bible says it is a sin to be gay, but since when does it say to hate those who are? I don't think it is right to tell gay people what they can or cannot do, or tell them who they can or cannot like/love. They can't help who they are. We don't choose to be straight, we are born that way. What makes you think being gay is any different?
    The gay community has heard of their pitiful excuses to justify all this hate. It's not necessary. They don't need to preach or try to change them.They can't, its who they are.Nothing is going to change that. They just have to accept it.
    I'm straight by the way.
    October 14th, 2008 at 01:08am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Woooooooo.
    This is like the 7th "Supp0rT o0ur ga1s!" article.
    We geeeet it. Being homophobic is gaaaai.
    October 14th, 2008 at 12:55am
  • Gisele.

    Gisele. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    i totally agree with this article

    the people who are against gays in nevery way wouldn't be feeling the way they do now if THEY were gay.

    i am a straight girl with gay pride =]
    October 14th, 2008 at 12:28am
  • dirtylittlerocker29

    dirtylittlerocker29 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have been trying to tell people that forever! like how would you like it if someone told you you couldn't marry or be with someone of the opposite sex! it's just not fare! thank you so much for this artical!!!!
    October 14th, 2008 at 12:24am
  • AcesHigh

    AcesHigh (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm not sure on the whole religion issue. I don't read the bible much or anything, but what I basically know is that God meant for men and women to be together, or something like that. But I think homosexuals can't help being how they are. It's like saying Chinese people are sinners or something like that - they can't help it! (And sorry if you're Chinese, this was just an example, nothing against you). Personally I think homophobia is a sin - I mean, what happened to "Love your neighbor"?
    October 14th, 2008 at 12:22am
  • Vicious Tyrant

    Vicious Tyrant (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    I'm still confused as to what my opinion on homosexuality is, but this is what I came up with:

    You know how they say, "God works in mysterious ways"? well, what if the whole, "or religion is against homosexuality" thing is sort of like that. What if, God told us that, only to love one another [i]more[/i] instead of less, and that this is sort of like a test of our morals?

    I know I'm probably going to upset a lot of people for putting that out there, but I personally don't know what much about religion, so I still have a lot to learn. But that's just my opinion.
    October 13th, 2008 at 10:52pm
  • Color me Lily;

    Color me Lily; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Eve was a whore anyways. Straight people do things that don't cause creation. Butt-sex, Oral-sex, Phone-sex. And the only thing they [i]create[/i] is hate.
    October 13th, 2008 at 07:23pm
  • AlternativeAdele

    AlternativeAdele (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    Um Sara, our world is alreayd over populated, producing more kids will just add to the housing and food problems, global warming would speed up and we would destroy ourselves... add that to you equation of what 'God' wants... Jeez
    October 13th, 2008 at 01:22pm
  • mia bell.

    mia bell. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    100
    Location:
    Australia
    Dude. Wow. What Iago-Disco was saying: I completely agree with.
    This article is great, really. All my points were taken by Iago-Disco though!
    Haha.
    October 13th, 2008 at 10:16am
  • Sara

    Sara (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    oh, so we're up to this again? deleting my comments. fun.

    so.

    homophobia literally means i'm afraid of gays. i'm not. i don't hid my house fearing that they're contagious. i'm cool with being friends with someone that's gay. whatever. but, i don't agree with their life choice. they can go be gay and i won't go up to them and say "you fag, you're going to hell and god hates you" no, i don't think they should marry. k? apparently it's not "k:" with you guys.

    the eve/steve thing. the purpose of humans is to create and populate our species to make the species survive. adam/eve makes babies. adam/steve doesn't. "god" specifically made men [adam] and women [eve] to populate his earth.
    October 13th, 2008 at 10:00am
  • Iago-Disco

    Iago-Disco (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Australia
    .. Goddam it, this is what makes me hate christianity. Everyone, read Saint Vires comment down the page saying how, although she swears shes not homophobic, homosexuality is a sinfull temptation that needs to be fought against. Oh, and its a choice as well, apparently.
    *sigh*

    Lets just assume there is a god, which is a pretty stupid assumption to make from the get go; and then lets assume theres a satan dedicated to getting people to do the wrong thing. Again, ridiculous.
    Its an odd perspective to think that you, some teenage girl probably from america, with little understanding of science, the classics and life in general could possibly believe they understand the intentions of God. What right have you got to judge, and what your saying is, in fact, a judgement, the lives and intentions of other people. If two people are in love, how can you, or any priest no matter how learned, say that that love is merely a temptation devised by the devil. If someone [i]isn't[/i] attracted to people of the other gender, can you in all your wisdom say that's wrong or agaisnt god? No of course not, and neither can that little book responsible for so much of the damage and discrimination rampant in our society.

    In the end our moral guidance must come from our own consciousness. The bible isn't a complete code of morals or ethics, it doesn't explain how to raise healthy children or deal with relationship issues. It doesn't contain a treatise on animal rights or how to treat other nations. For all its popularity, no one can live a complete life [i]by the bible[/i].

    Maybe, when you actually have an understanding of life or love or god, you can start forming your own opinions on issues like other people's sexuality and how real it is. Maybe when you've discussed homosexuality with a homosexual you can talk about how real it is, and wether or not they have choice in the matter. Until then, it would be best, for you, people like you and people in general if you didn't talk about things you don't understand.

    As kirkegard said: You cannot say what you cannot say.

    Gabe
    October 13th, 2008 at 09:53am
  • Opium.Rainbows

    Opium.Rainbows (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    *Head desk*

    We get the picture. We've already had about 12047038734871498134798698766868687 stating the same thing over and over.
    October 13th, 2008 at 07:10am
  • AlternativeAdele

    AlternativeAdele (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    Lol, 'God Made Adam And Eve Not Adam And Steve' my so-called friend said that to me when I came out as bisexual, still havent told my Dad coz he is homophobicish, but anywho i love people saying that coz God also only made Adam and Eve who birthed Cain and Able... Cain Killed Able and got banished, then he found a village... where the fuck did the Village come from?? And God forbids incest although the entire old testiment is filled with incest, it also says in the bible that we can have slaves from a neighbouring island... I love arguing religious prejudices with more religious facts hehehe.
    Anywho I believe love is beautiful, I dont agree with paedophilia or beastiality or incest as a living thing is harmed by this by homosexuality and bisexuality hurt no one. Gay rights to marriage will come in soon enough, divorce did and so did inter-racial marriage so therefore gay marriage will inevitably become accepted... I have two mates getting married this week in Cali even though it wont be recognised back here in Aus its something that makes them happy.
    And people can get married in LV after knowing each other for a few moments, there are mail-order brides but yet gays arent allowed to get married yet?? There is something seriously wrong with that!
    October 13th, 2008 at 05:33am
  • Careless Whisper.

    Careless Whisper. (310)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    37
    Location:
    United States
    I basically agree with what Sarah said. :file:
    October 13th, 2008 at 05:31am
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    Eh, it's against my religion, but God gave us minds to think for our own.
    I support Gay marriages. I don't discriminate gays.
    October 13th, 2008 at 04:41am
  • KissMeAndI'llFall

    KissMeAndI'llFall (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    yea, homophobic is stupid. you can't chose who you like, it just happens. and i don't think people should have a problam with gays and all. my boss's boss is gay and all and from what i've heard she's a really nice woman.
    October 13th, 2008 at 04:29am