"God Made Adam and Eve Not Adam and Steve." - Comments

  • Right 'Round

    Right 'Round (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Same-sex marrige was just made legal in my state. Now the bishop sent out letters to the parishes to be read saying to vote against it on November 4th, or something along the lines of getting rid of it. My friends and I are super pissed. I think it's just stupid that people treat gays and lesbians like that.
    October 13th, 2008 at 03:57am
  • Paint The Roses Red

    Paint The Roses Red (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Homophobia is so stupid in my opinion. I think that you should love someone for there personality, not anatomy. But I don't ever see myself being gay. I just understand the other view. Good article.
    October 13th, 2008 at 03:31am
  • i-fall-too-much

    i-fall-too-much (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    homophobia is horribly wrong.
    i support gays as much as i can, and i'll stand up for them, too.
    alot of people disagree with me though because i'm a christian so i shouldn't support that.
    but my uncle is gay, he tried to fight it for so long since everyone told him how perverted he was.
    he tried so hard, but he just couldn't help it. it's not his fault. it's not anyone's fault for liking the same gender.
    October 13th, 2008 at 03:25am
  • XseepingXbloodX

    XseepingXbloodX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    That was an awsome article. Homophobia is stupid, and we shouldnt care if someone loves someone else of the same sex. Its just wrong.
    October 13th, 2008 at 03:20am
  • TheGreatSaiyaman

    TheGreatSaiyaman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Very nice article. I absolutely agree.
    If Christians believe that God loves everybody, how come they say that God hates homosexuals? Totally confuses me.
    I personally believe that in the United States our government has something to do with it. I think that they won't make laws giving homosexuals the right to marry or all the rights they SHOULD have (like heterosexuals couples have) is because of their believes and how they were raised. Those old politicians need to open their eyes and see the world as it is today, not 20/30 years ago. The United States isn't the country it used to be.
    I think all the homophobia will disintegrate over time. Our generation seems to deal with it and we will tell our next generation and the next that homosexuality isn't wrong at all and if you are born a homosexual, who cares?
    And most Christians I know don't even have a problem with homosexuality so I know homophobia will weaken and weaken. :]
    Sorry if I confused anybody with my post ^-^
    October 13th, 2008 at 02:43am
  • aubs

    aubs (420)

    :
    Drabble Scribe
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    This is a perfect article to show people who are homophobic.... they might get something out of it. Plus, I don't see why people don't like same-sex relationships, I mean you can love who ever you want without anyone making fun of you.
    October 13th, 2008 at 02:35am
  • Punk Rock Princess

    Punk Rock Princess (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I completely agree with you. homophobia is wrong and that article was perfect
    October 13th, 2008 at 01:59am
  • Greese Lightning

    Greese Lightning (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    In my opinion, this article is amazing and makes sense to me perfectly.
    Homophobia is wrong.
    October 13th, 2008 at 12:59am
  • Allie Ahmazing

    Allie Ahmazing (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm tired of seeing this stuff.
    It's been said 13409587134 times.
    :D
    October 13th, 2008 at 12:29am
  • Freaka.

    Freaka. (220)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    There's something around a 10% rate of homosexuality in animals. If it's in nature, then it's natural- that's what I think.
    Another thing that should be noted is that homosexuality/heterosexuality/bisexuality isn't a decision. Nobody ever decides to become part of a feared, hated and attacked minority over being part of a majority where no abuse is directed at them. And in the same way, no one ever decides to be straight. You're born that way. That's how I've found it to be the case with myself and several bisexual friends.
    Agree 100%.
    October 13th, 2008 at 12:24am
  • Please Die !

    Please Die ! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Canada
    I abselutely agree with this article, too.
    That last sentence really made me think.
    It's so true. Glad there actually are some people that accept life as it comes to their faces.
    October 12th, 2008 at 11:25pm
  • Adam Glambert.

    Adam Glambert. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh! I forgot something...

    I can't wait for gay marriage to become fully legal. My best friend is going to be RIGHT THERE when it happens, and he and his boyfriend are getting married on the spot.

    Words can't describe how happy I was when he told me his boyfriend proposed to him.

    But words also can't describe how upset I was when I asked him when the wedding was and he told me "Whenever it's legal." It literally broke my heart into pieces.

    And you know what? He and his boyfriend weren't even allowed to get a one bedroom apartment for the two of them. I wanted to rip someone's head off.

    This whole tolerance thing better take off soon, or I'll take the matter even further into my own hands.
    October 12th, 2008 at 11:02pm
  • Saint-Vire

    Saint-Vire (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    43
    Location:
    Bermuda
    thanks for writing this article it really is insightful, especially with your survey and facts.

    i would just like to put a slightly different angle in here. i am christian and i believe what my religion says. my religion preaches that being gay/lesbian/bi is wrong and that you are not born with it, it is a temptation placed before you by satan to overcome.

    aswell, even though i believe this, i am not a homophobe and it drives me crazy when people call me a homophobe. i do not have anything against the people, just what they are doing. i do not hate them. i have some bi friends and love them just the same as anyone else. and the great thing is that they respect me and my views as i respect them and their decision.

    i hate the fact that "homophobes" exist. they give everyone who doesn't agree with homosexuality a bad name. and we all aren't homophobes. just because we don't agree with being same-sex orientated is the same as homosexuals who don't agree with being heterosexual.

    it is possible to "live in harmony" with everyone with their own points of view and opinions among other things, it's just fear of the unknown and unfamiliar that starts these things. people also think they have the right to judge (and that is exactly what discrimination is) but it's not our place to.

    x
    October 12th, 2008 at 11:02pm
  • Adam Glambert.

    Adam Glambert. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    My best friend in the entire world is gay. And he's never, EVER let me down, which is so much more than I can say for my other friends.

    He's always stuck by me, no matter what, and he's always let my opinions be just that: my opinions.

    There's nothing wrong with gay people. Hell, most of the time, they're better than the straight ones.

    I could go on forever about this article, but I shall sum it up by saying simply: "I agree." It's wrong to judge someone for who they love.

    Love is just that: love. It knows no gender, no race, and no boundary.

    And, if I'm not mistaken, don't we all need love? "All you need is love" doesn't just pertain to heterosexual people. And it seems like that is one of the most prominent sayings--at least in my town--of the era.

    It's time people started taking that to heart. Everyone needs love. You, me, and everyone else.

    I rest my case.

    Oh, by the way...

    If anyone has a problem with gays, lesbians, bisexuals, or transgenders, they can take it up with ME.
    October 12th, 2008 at 10:56pm
  • bewareofdogs

    bewareofdogs (1350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Like... in all honesty I only have 3 straight friends. The rest are all bi and gay. Yeah.... And my friend group IS NOT a small group either. It's actually very large. So naturally I have no problem with gays.
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:51pm
  • CarmillaPoisonberry

    CarmillaPoisonberry (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    In my opinion, it doesn't matter if anyone is gay, lesbian, bi, straight, or even an alien. The only thing that matter is that you love someone for who they are, not by their race, oreintation, religion, etc. I'm bisexual and I dgaf what someone says about me just because of my oreintation. No should be judged for being their true selves. We're all just human people! If you have a problem with people who are not straight, than you're on the wrong topic to say your opinion.
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:37pm
  • Krista?

    Krista? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This article was very well written, and nice backup facts.
    I whole-heartedly support gay/bi/lesbian orientation, although I'm completely straight.
    Love is love, and (even if I'm Atheist) supposedly your "God" should understand that.
    Really, if any homophobes out there want to argue with me 'bout this, I seriously wouldn't reccomend it.
    >.<
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:36pm
  • Sara

    Sara (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    ......ffs. seriously. there is editors for these articles, why can't they block some of these dead horses from going through?

    Homophobia, literally means, that I'm "afraid" of gay people. I'm not. I don't agree with their life choice but they can continue to live with them as long as I don't see it. I will never go up to a gay person and say "hey fag, you're going to hell for fucking that guy."

    "god made adam and eve not adam and steve" isn't that god doesn't like gays, or that he didn't create them "and the devil did" but that human's and any species of life on this planet is to reproduce and continue to survival.
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:13pm
  • Devil May Cry

    Devil May Cry (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I don't think God making an Adam and Eve was a statement against homosexuality. I think he put a man and a woman so they could reproduce, and the human race could.

    Maybe Adam was gay, and he just had sex with Eve to further the human race. I think that's possible.

    I don't even really believe in Adam and Eve, though, even though I'm Christian.

    I think homophobia will begin to weaken with time. From our generation and on, I think things will get better.

    I enjoyed reading this article, so thanks for writing it. :)
    October 12th, 2008 at 09:06pm
  • Estrogen Pills.

    Estrogen Pills. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    101
    Location:
    United States
    I have a phobia of homophobics. Seriously. They scare me the fuck to death.
    Maybe because I am, personally, bisexual, and have a girlfriend. Maybe not.

    My parents - no, my whole family (which is rather large) - are homophobic and I know that I'll never be able to come out to them. I don't understand what's wrong with liking the same sex or both sexes. People are so close-minded. I really don't know what else to say.
    October 12th, 2008 at 08:56pm