Status: My USB that had the rest of this story on it broke. : ( I am re-writing chapters and will update as soon as I can.

Do You Think You're Up For This?

From Here to L.A.

“Winter's right around the bend and I’m scared. I’m planning for a storm that will blow the roofs and doors off of every home from here to L.A.” – The Early November

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I wake up in a relaxed mood, which is odd, since I’ve been stressing about the band ever since Suzie went back to L.A.

I stretch, glancing towards the doorway as Michael enters.

“Elliott went back to sleep,” he informs me, joining me in bed again.

“Did he?” I ask, raising an eyebrow teasingly.

“Mmhm…” he murmurs, climbing on top of me. He leans down to kiss me slowly. I smile into his kiss.

Then my phone rings from the bedside table.

He exhales in frustration as I reach over to grab my phone. I sigh as well; if it’s not Elliott interrupting, it’s always something else.

“Hello?” I ask, seeing that it’s Pete on the caller id. Michael’s still hovering over me. He smirks playfully and I raise my eyebrows.

“Hey Rae,” Pete replies.

“What’s up?” I ask, trying my best to ignore Michael sucking at my neck and running his hands down my body, making me squirm in the best possible way.

“Sorry to call so early, I just thought I’d talk to you about recording. I talked to Seb and Wes earlier this week…”

I have to bite my lip to keep from making any noise, but Michael doesn’t let up. His kisses move to my stomach and his hands grip my hips teasingly.

“That’s not funny, Michael!” I burst out. He just grins against my skin and I hear Pete laugh on the other end.

“Bad time?” he questions knowingly.

“Kind of,” I reply.

“Okay. Just call me back when you get a chance so we can work out the details. Talk to you later.”

“Ok. Great. Bye.” I hang up. I let out the moan I’ve been holding in and he lifts his head to kiss my lips.

I immediately allow him to deepen it, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulls away after a few minutes.

“Why don’t we just move to L.A. for a few months?”

“What?” I ask.

“Let’s move to L.A. We’ve both lived there, and we’re planning on moving anyway,” he points out logically. “We can rent until the record’s done.”

“But I’m going to be recording and you’re probably going to tour before your next one, since you’re on break now. What about Elliott?” He bites his lip, thinking, when suddenly his eyes light up in realization.

“Just leave it to me, Rae. I know what to do.” He kisses me again, with added enthusiasm.

My phone rings.

He pulls away to look at me.

“Ignore it,” I say decisively, pulling his head closer to mine.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

“She’s been dying to move out here for ages, Rae. It’s really no inconvenience,” he insists.

“I can’t ask Nicola to watch the baby. She should have a life out here.”

“I already talked to her. She said she’d love to help out. Besides, I’d rather her live with us and be safe than have her doing who knows what in downtown L.A.” he points out.

“But…I mean-”

“Why are you fighting me on this?” he asks.

He’s not mad, only curious as he looks at me, waiting for an answer.

“I don’t really know,” I admit. “It just doesn’t seem fair to her. You know Elliott can be such a handful sometimes.”

At a little over five months, his favorite activities include pulling hair, putting things in his mouth, kicking, and screaming happily for no reason. Not to mention he’s just started teething, so biting should be added to the list.

“Well, I can’t really take it back now,” he argues, smiling. “She’s already so excited.”
With that, we hear Elliott begin to cry for attention. His tears dry when we retrieve him from his crib and decide to continue the conversation in the bedroom, where Elliott can attempt to roll himself over on the carpet.

“Did Seb say anything about the apartment near his?” he asks, while we watch Elliott entertain himself by chewing on his toys and babbling to himself.

“He says it’s a good size for us. He thinks one of us should fly out to see it.”

We’re planning on moving in a few weeks, since we’ve been recently scheduled to be back in the studio in a little over a month.

I’m still nervous about my writing abilities and whether or not the band will be ready in such short time, but I don’t want to worry Michael, since Mike’s the one that needs us right now.

He’ll hardly talk to anyone but Michael.

In both situations, there’s a chance things will get worse before they get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, sorry. I need to get some filler out of the way...oh, and for anyone who didn’t read or doesn't remember the prequel, Nicola is Michael’s sister. I’m a little excited to bring her back; she’ll shake things up a bit. Any guesses how? ; )

Thanks: Duffy, hey moon, glitter and gold x ), HarperB82 (its okay : ) thanks so much for being indepth all the time), & JackBarakat (I'm considering that part of it, good guess :) ).