Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

But when I close my eyes, I can see you

[Mitchie’s view]

I furrowed my eyebrows, watching the door that Nick practically ran out of. Was he crying? Did I make him cry? I shut my eyes tight, trying to get a glimpse of what I was missing. He seemed so sweet, even when he just sat there and watched me carefully. I had no idea what he was thinking… but those eyes, that voice-it seemed… familiar for some reason. So I lost my memory? Wasn’t everything supposed to be new? Why did Nick seem familiar? obviously he was my boyfriend… but I couldn’t even remember my name. Mitchie… isn’t that a boy’s name? I sighed, opening my eyes slightly and letting myself fall back into the bed. I caught glimpse of the diamonds on my ring. He said he gave this to me the night we… had sex. So we were that serious? serious enough to share that? I wasn’t objecting, there was obviously something appealing about him, more than look wise too.

I sighed, crossing my arms over my stomach. I couldn’t even imagine what I was putting him through by not even remembering his name. His face though… it seemed so familiar. His voice was angelic and I wanted to hear it again. He’d give me answers. Just then, the door opened. I was hopeful that it might be Nick, but it wasn’t the curly haired boy. I was already forgetting what he looked like… and I hated it. this boy had wavy hair. he gave me a bright smile and I returned with a small one.

“I’m Joe, Nick’s brother.” He grinned, scurrying over to me excitedly. I remembered how Nick walked in-so timid and unsure.

“Nick’s brother?” I questioned. He nodded encouragingly.

“I doubt you’ll remember me… but it was pretty funny when we had that snowball fight and you hit me right in the face.”

I started laughing and he smiled excitedly. “I wish I remembered that,” I teased.

He scoffed, glaring playfully. “Nick went all 007 on us that day.” He rolled his eyes, laughing.

“So we were friends?” I asked, trying to figure out how I knew him besides the fact that he was related to Nick. I doubt I would, considering I couldn’t even remember the guy I promised to love.

“We had some laughs. I helped you with the surprise you had for Nick on Christmas,” he smiled encouragingly. I glanced down, touching the necklace that he had mentioned.

“Surprise?”

“Yep. You decided to come back to Jersey to stay with your granmda… mostly for Nick. you surprised him and bought him a guitar. he gave you that necklace… he must’ve told you that,” he said quietly. I nodded, remembering his hurt expression.

“Wow. So he sings?” I smiled at the thought.

“Oh yeah. My little brother loves music. We all do.”

I nodded, trying to at least remember a song he said he wrote me. “He said he wrote me some songs…”

“Oh yeah. A lot, actually,” Joe announced. I felt bad now. I couldn’t remember him. I sighed. “I know Kevin and Frankie want to see you, so I’ll go. I’ll visit tomorrow-”

“Joe,” I interrupted. He looked at me curiously, his caramel eyes glowing with some hope. “Is Nick still here? I… I feel really terrible-”

“don’t worry about Nick. He’s strong. He got through that car crash just to see you,” he interrupted.

“Car crash?” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“Oh… yeah. the brakes quit in his car and he told you to jump out. You did right before a car hit his. He was fine though.”

the words rang through my head like an echo in an empty building. He endangered himself for my safety? “Is he here?” I repeated. He nodded, his dark locks bouncing.

“In the hall.”

I sighed as he gave me one more smile before exiting. The door didn’t even close before two more guys followed, smiling weakly. I cocked my head, pushing my bangs away.

“I’m Kevin and this is Frankie… Nick’s brothers.”

I chuckled slightly. “How many brothers does nick have?”

That got a smile from Frankie. “Just Joe, Kev and I,” he answered proudly. I smiled at him.

“How are you feeling?” Kevin asked. I thought for a moment… no one had asked me that yet. I gave him a weak smile.

“I’d be amazing if I could just remember. I don’t even think I know my way around.”

Kevin nodded. “That could be a problem,” he sad with a chuckle.

“So how are we friends?”

“You mean besides the fact that we’re Nick’s brothers?” he smirked. Frankie laughed, cutting in.

“We’re best friends, me and you,” he grinned widely. Kevin rolled his eyes playfully, giving him a gentle shove.

“He thinks your pretty,” Kevin announced, causing me to laugh and Frankie to blush. “Get in line bud, Nick’s first,” he whispered to the young boy, but I managed to hear. “We don’t really have much to say right now… we just wanted to see how you were. Umm… my mom will probably come see you next. my dad’s at work, but he’s trying to get off to come here. In case your wondering, your close with all of us. I know your parents are flying here as we speak and your grandma’s on her way… a lot of people are worried about you,” Kevin finished with a smile. I knew he was a friendly guy-they all seemed nice.

he headed towards the door, letting Frankie exit before I interrupted. “Hey Kevin?” He turned around, looking at me questioningly. “Can I ask you something?” he nodded, closing the door before walking closer to the bed, his curly hair bouncing lightly. It reminded me of Nick’s. “Uh… I lost my memory, obviously. And I didn’t even remember my own name. None of you look familiar to me…. except for Nick-” I paused, watching his eyes light up. I sighed. “When he walked in… his eyes looked so familiar and just his overall face… sort of. And his voice rang a bell, but I didn’t know his name or anything else…”

“Wow,” he breathed out. “Can I tell him that? I know it’ll make him happy,” he asked hopefully. I felt my cheeks heat up as I bit my lip and gave him a nod. He smiled before hurrying to the door, letting it click shut.

I kept my eyes on the door, hoping Nick would come back in. the door opened slowly. I saw his curls and immediately smiled. When he stepped into view, I frowned. He looked like he had been crying. he cleared his throat slightly, lifting a hand to rub the back of his neck.

“Were you wanting someone else?” he asked quietly.

“oh… Oh no. I, well I actually wanted to see you again. Are you okay?”

he chuckled dryly. “Am I okay? what about you?” I smiled at his concern.

“I’m fine. but… were you crying?”

He bit his lip, looking down. I heard him sigh and desperately wanted to hear his voice. “Yeah,” he answered quietly.

“Will you sit?” I questioned shyly. his head shot up, letting a few curls fall onto his forehead. he stared at me for a moment, unreadable, before stepping closer and shoving his hands in his pockets. I watched him lower himself into the chair, his muscles flexing through his shirt. I bit my lip, realizing I was staring at him. He looked at me with what looked like hope.

“Kevin mentioned that I looked kind of familiar to you.” His words were a little stronger. I nodded, smiling slightly. I just wanted to hear that voice.

“Yeah. umm… you do look kind of familiar,” I admitted. He actually smiled. It was bright and beautiful. I was sure I looked in awe. His smile turned to question. “umm… sorry. you just-You have an amazing smile… I’m surprised I didn’t remember that.” I felt my cheeks heat up again as I tried to resituate myself.

His own cheeks had a hint of pink as he smiled again. “What do you remember exactly?” His voice was so calm.

I stopped my movement to watch him. His eyes were pleading. “Your eyes. They look very familiar… and your voice.”

He nodded, smiling again. “And it’s only with me so far?”

I smiled sheepishly, giving him a nod. “I’m sorry I didn’t remember your name when you first came in… that must’ve really hurt you…” I trailed off, looking down.

“It-it did, but it’s not your fault. I’m sorry I ran out earlier… I just…” he sighed again and I looked up to meet his gaze. It was memorizing. I really wish I remembered him.

“Will you… come visit again?” I asked shyly. He looked surprised.

“Of course. just because you don’t remember me doesn’t mean I don’t. I know that I love you-” he shut his mouth quickly, looking away. I smiled to myself. “I’ll be here everyday… as long as it takes until you remember,” he whispered, catching my gaze again.

“What if I never remember?” I whispered back, feeling afraid.

“I’ll still be here. I don’t care if you never remember how much I love you… I’m dead set on proving it to you now,” he said sternly with determination in his eyes. I couldn’t stop my smile.

“Thank you.”

He nodded, standing up. I sighed, knowing he was leaving. I tried to get myself situated again.

“Do you need anything?” he asked quietly. I couldn’t get the stupid lever to pull up.

“Umm… could you-” I pointed to the lever that was invisible to his view. He gave me a small smile. I watched him glide over to me, his perfect features intent on fixing the lever. He leaned over the bed, his scent flowing to my nose. He smelled amazing. My eyes danced over the side of his face… his smooth cheek. His pouted lips. I got an urge… and I think I wanted to kiss. I didn’t remember him, but I wanted to kiss him? I pushed the thought away as my eyes wondered down to his arm. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows. I watched his muscles flex as he wiggled the lever. He then smiled to himself as he pulled on it, letting the bed move forward. He turned his head to face me, an adorable amused expression on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back. His eyes were beaming with joy and his full lips were pulled up into a smile. I noticed a curl on his forehead. I slowly brought my hand up to his forehead. he watched me intently as I grabbed the curl lightly. “Does this always fall down?” I whispered, able to hear the smile in my own voice. He nodded slowly. “It’s… cute,” I decided on, watching his cheeks turn pink.

“Thanks,” he said shyly, staring into my eyes before pulling away. He straightened himself up before sticking his hands back in his pockets. “Anything else?”

“No thanks… just knowing you’ll be here tomorrow-”

“I will,” he interrupted with a smile. I nodded and watched him turn around. “Bye Mitchie,” he said quietly before exiting. I yawned, hearing the door squeak open once again. I just really wanted to remember everything. here these people I love have all these great memories and I have to miss out on them. I felt bad for not remembering Nick the most. I didn’t care that someone had entered the room. I closed my eyes, immediately seeing Nick’s face. I had to remember sometime.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments.
I'm getting close to running out of pre-written chapters. :)