Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Can I have a hug?

“Miss Johnson?” I heard someone say quietly. I opened my eyes. I wasn’t sleeping… especially at noon. I was just trying to get a glimpse of Nick’s face again.

“Yeah?” I asked, turning my head to look at the nurse who would be taking care of me. I was told I’d have to stay in here for a while.

“You have a visitor,” she smiled brightly. I nodding, getting situated. I’d be able to wear my own pajama’s tomorrow. I hated this hospital gown. I watched her hurry out of the room. Who was visiting me? So far… some girl named Abby, Nick had said she was a friend yesterday, my grandma and Mrs. Jonas came. I knew too many people.

The door opened slowly. I glanced up, feeling my lips turn into a smile at the sight of Nick’s innocent face. He smiled slightly too, entering the room. he held up a bouquet of flowers sweetly. My smile became bigger.

“I got these for you…” he said quietly, looking down.

“Those are beautiful. Can I see them?” I asked excitedly, holding out my hands. He cracked another smile, walking forward to hand them to me. I smelled the beautiful pink roses. “Thank you,” I smiled up at him. He held out his hand and I gave them back. I watched him move over to the table and place them there. My eyes caught his actual look. He was wearing a three-quarter sleeve shirt and dark blue skinny jeans. I recognized his shoes as converse. My eyes darted up to his hair as he began to turn around. the curls seemed to be in perfect ringlets and the dark color shined. I let my eyes scan down to his eyes, which held curiosity, and then to his full lips which were up in the corners slightly. I felt my cheeks get warm. He was… beautiful.

“Are you feeling alright?” he asked softly, coming forward.

“I feel great. I actually only had a headache last night… but nothing hurts. they told me I had a sprained wrist, but I don’t even notice it,” I answered quietly. He nodded, sitting down slowly.

“Do you want to talk about anything? I can try to help…” he trailed off, keeping his eyes on me. I gave him a nod. “What about? Your family… umm, your friends?” he question, tapping his fingers on his thigh.

“I’d actually like to know about you…” I began shyly, watching his perfect features. I could understand why I loved him-I just wish I remembered. He smiled, leaning forward.

“Like what?”

I thought for a moment. He looked very interesting. “I don’t know,” I shrugged, “Talk to me like I’m a questioner that you have to answer,” I giggled as he shook his head, unable to hide his smile.

“Alright. Nicholas Jerry Jonas is my name. My brothers are my best friends. I love music, playing and just listening. Baseball might be my favorite sport… but I guess I’m pretty competitive no matter what. I uh… I have diabetes. I skipped a grade. Umm… I hate it when Joe takes my things or when people start unnecessary things. I don’t know what else to say…” he smiled slightly.

“How about you talk about us?” I questioned next. He bit his lip, but nodded.

“Umm…I told you some stuff yesterday…” he trailed off, smiling suddenly. “Can I tell you about the time we had the snowball war?”

I smiled back, remembering Joe mentioned that. “Joe had said you went 007 on us.”

He smirked, sending my heart to flutter. “like I said, I get pretty competitive, but we won,” he grinned, pointing at me. “You were really good. But you hit Joe and Kevin in the face. It was great to see you smiling…” he admitted sheepishly. I felt my cheeks get warm. “And when my omnipod broke, you were right there to help me.”

“Omnipod?”

He stood up slowly, lifting up the side of his shirt. My heart raced at just seeing his skin. I was a sick person… but I couldn’t stop my smile. I spotted a white thing. “It pumps my insulin,” he said quietly, letting his shirt drop. “You said I was pulling a James Bond when I jumped over the snow wall,” he smiled.

---

Nick stood up about twenty minutes later, ready to go. “Do you need anything?” he asked again. I shook my head, taking in all his features.

“Thank you though.”

He nodded, sending me a quick smile. “I’ll… see you tomorrow,” he said quietly, looking into my eyes.

I nodded, biting my lip. “Nick…” I started, causing him to turn around. “Can I have a hug?” I realized that I sounded like a child, but ever since yesterday, I wanted a hug. I saw him smile before walking over to me. He bent down and I moved forward. his arms wrapped around to my back as mine went around his torso. I loved the way his arms felt around me. I actually felt safe. The way they held me gently. His soft curls tickled my neck and his warm breathe sent shivers through me. His smell was intoxicating and I just wished that I could remember. I tightened my grip on him… it felt like instinct. I quickly let go, my eyes widening that I had pulled him down. He was… smiling.

“You used to always pull me closer,” he whispered, giving me a weak smile as he stood up straight. I sighed, just wanting to be in his arms again. Wasn’t he practically a stranger to me now? It didn’t feel like it. His touch electrified me.

“Bye Nick,” I smiled as he gave me a small wave, heading out the door. My eyes caught the flowers and I couldn’t help but notice how sweet he was. Was he loosing sleep over me not knowing who he was? Was he not eating just because he couldn’t know if I even loved him anymore? Did I love him? I didn’t know him… but so far I did. So far, I could see why I was in love with him and I’d give anything just to know that feeling again. Was I feeling it now?
♠ ♠ ♠
I think Nick is just adorable. aha. Just thought i'd put that out there. tell me what you think, please.