Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

England can be romantic

I sat in the plane seat, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt. Planes always got me nervous, and I knew this would be no different-until I felt that warm hand on my shoulder. I looked over at Nick, seeing his concerned and adorable face. I gave him a small smile grabbing his hand in mine.

“You really don’t have to do this…” he trailed off, looking into my eyes with pure honesty. That’s when I knew I didn’t have to afraid. He wasn’t pushing me to go anywhere with him, I was pushing myself because I wanted too; and I did want too, very much. I felt my lips turn up into a smile before I snuggled myself into him. He wrapped his arms around me, resting his head on top of mine. I smiled to myself, looking down at that promise ring.
***

I felt the excitement in the pit of my stomach as Nick helped me up and off the plane. I looked around and immediately knew the difference between England and America. It was… beautiful, and I was actually here with Nick. I smiled brightly as he stepped beside me, glancing over at me with a smile of his own.

“This is amazing. I can’t believe we’re actually here!” I squealed in disbelief.

“I’ve always wanted to come here,” Nick mumbled to himself. I looked over at him, catching his gleaming eyes. I couldn’t stop thinking about how amazing he really was. “Do you wanna’ find a hotel?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. I nodded, grabbing his hand.

“But lets walk. I wanna’ see the little places,” I smiled. He nodded, letting his curls flop as he bent down, placing a soft kiss on my cheek.

We walked down what seemed like a stone pathway, looking around and smiling at all the beautiful spots. I even took my camera out, snapping pictures of locals, scenery’s, and Nick-in between each shot. He started laughing, causing me to take wven more pictures of him-he was too adorable.

“Put that away,” he chuckled, ducking so I couldn’t capture another shot of his face. I sighed dramatically, grabbing his hand again.

“Can I at least take one of us?” I smiled hopefully. He nodded, rolling his deep brown eyes playfully. “Yay!” I shouted like a child, dragging him over towards a small sitting area. A young man and woman were walking towards us, hands twined just like mine and Nick’s. I smiled to myself, catching their eye.

“Would you like us to take a picture for you?” the girl asked politely, the man smiling slightly. I glanced at Nick, biting my lip. He smiled, giving them a thank you and handing them my camera. “Here… why don’t you two sit on the bench and we’ll snap a few,” the girl directed, giving us a wide smile. We hurried over to the bench, Nick taking me in his lap. I placed my head on his shoulder, gazing up at his beautiful face. “I would say look in love, but you have that down,” she giggled again, getting an agreeing laugh from the man. We heard the click, and she directed us to do a few more poses. I couldn’t wait to develop those.

“Thanks so much,” I smiled, taking the camera from her.

“Yeah, we really appreciate it,” Nick added politely.

“Oh, it’s nothing! We love seeing young ones in love, it reminds us that we aren’t so crazy after all,” she giggled, placing a hand on the man’s chest. I squinted to see a small diamond placed on her ring finger. My eyes widened; they were married? They had to be around our age! But… I couldn’t help but smile.

“Excuse me for asking, but are you two… married?” I asked softly, not wanting to start anything. Nick tightened his grip on my hand, waiting for a response. The man nodded his head, a smile gracing his lips.

“Yes, we are. We’ve been married for three years next month,” he answered proudly. The girl smiled up at him, turning back towards us to stick out her hand.

“Maybe we should be properly acquainted. I’m Fiona and this is Jason,” she said. I took her hand in the one that wasn’t connected to Nick’s, shaking it.

“I’m Mitchie.” I shook Jason’s hand as well, watching Nick follow.

“Nick.”

“Aw, how lovely,” she chirped. “Your from the states then? I’ve always wanted to go there. Oh! How old are you two, if I may?”

“It’s amazing here, too. Umm… eighteen,” Nick answered.

“Ah, we’re only a year older. Say, would you be going to the hotel? We can show you, if you’d like. We’re there too… we don’t come from London, but close anyway,” she offered.

“That’d be great, thanks,” I smiled, handing the camera to Nick. He stuck it in the bag, moving them around to his back. I tried to pull one away from him, but he insisted that he carry them-always the gentleman.

We made our way down the street, glancing around at the buildings and making small talk.

“What are you two doing here anyway?” Fiona asked, pointing us to move left.

“It’s kind of a long story…” I trailed off, glancing at Nick who smiled sweetly in return. I looked over at the two, feeling some sense of warmth with them, and I continued. “We’re in college, different states. I’m studying photography in New York…” I trailed off, waiting for Nick to proudly say his part.

“I’m studying, well… teaching music in California,” he added softly, his eyes flickered to mine.

“We just decided to take a break from everything. I didn’t want him to leave,” I sighed, feeling him pull me closer. Fiona and Jason beamed at each other.

“Wow. I haven’t seen love like this in a while!” I laughed, nodding my head. “Oh… we’ll talk later, we should let you get a room first.” she laughed, pulling Jason inside and up the stairs, waving to us.

“They seem nice,” Nick said softly, moving to the front desk. An older woman appeared, smiling brightly.

“What can I do for ya?” she asked, getting her fingers ready on the keyboard.

“We’d like a last minute room, please.”

“I see… name?”

“Jonas,” he answered smoothly-at least I thought it was. He was always charming, Nick was.

I heard her fingers clicking away on the keyboard before she grabbed two cards out of the drawer.

“Your in room 301. You may come down later and pay for how many days you’d like,” she smiled, handing over the cards that looked like gold.

“Thank you,” he smiled, turning towards me, handing over one card.

We made our way up the stairs, finding room 301. I bent up to kiss his soft lips, feeling that same spark. He felt it too, but we knew to behave. We smiled sheepishly at each other, trying to open the door without thinking about anything. I glanced over at Nick, smiling; England could be romantic.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so sorry for this long of a wait, especially for a sucky chapter like this.
I think it's kind of adorable, though. I need to get back on track for this story. i have so many plans, I just have to place them right; this idea just popped into my head, so I had to write it.

p.s. I made a new banner, do you like it? (:

COMMENTS PLEASE!! I'm begging. ha.