Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Hello Nicholas

I stood in the living room, smiling and nodding to everything Danielle, Kevin, Joe, Frankie, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, and Abby said. They didn’t seem to notice that I wasn’t talking much, most of them knew that’s how I was. I couldn’t help but catch Mrs. Jonas-Denise giving me looks; not looks with any certain emotion, just… looks. Like, she knew something I didn’t. I smiled at her, pushing the bangs out of my face as the talks seemed to die down when a noise sounded in the front. Everyone turned towards the entrance of the living room, their chatter sounding again as Nick appeared. I felt my lips immediately turn upwards, meeting his chocolate brown eyes with mine. No one seemed to greet him yet, knowing he’d come to me first, which I was glad of. He quickly walked over to me, his eyes locked with mine as he pulled me into a hug.

“Hello Nicholas,” I giggled, getting a laugh out of him.

“Hello beautiful,” he whispered back, kissing my cheek. I knew he wouldn’t want everyone to see us kissing-he was too much of a gentleman. “I missed you,” he mumbled, burying his face into my neck, placing multiple soft kisses on my skin while his curls tickled my cheek.

“I missed you too,” I sighed as he pulled away, sending me that heart-quickening wink.

“Nicholas!” Denise smiled, holding her arms out. He hugged her tightly, kissing her cheek too. “I missed you so much! How have you been?” she asked, glad to see him after so long. His smile never faded.

“I’ve been great. School’s great. Teaching’s amazing. Everything’s practically perfect,” he laughed, Denise smiling back at him. “Oh, and I missed you too mom.” She nodded, hugging him once again. “Where’s dad?” he questioned, turning around to smile that adorable smile at me.

“Right here,” Mr. Jonas’ voice boomed, catching nick’s attention. “Come here son!” he chuckled, pulling him into that bear hug. “Glad to have you back,” he said quietly, getting Nick to nod.

“Danni, Kev, Joe,” he smiled, yet again, taking them all into a hug, saying something that only Nick would say; he grabbed Frankie, listening to his little speech, before moving back over to me. He grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him as everyone talked at him. He nodded, seemingly understanding what everyone was saying when all I could do was look at him and how beautiful he was. He glanced down at me, just staring into my eyes. “I’m uh, I’m going to get my stuff. Joe, Kevin, can you help?” he asked, givin them hopeful looks.

“Sure bro,” the smiled, hurrying over to the door.

“I’ll be right back,” he whispered, kissing my cheek again before hurrying off. I furrowed my eyebrows, feeling quite awkward with the sea of people around me. At least I was feeling alright. I looked around, smiling at everyone, mumbling that I was going to get something out of the room.

Walking toward the staircase, I looked down at my hands, wondering how this week would go; I bumped into someone, almost falling backwards. It wasn’t like the time I bumped into Nick-he sent sparsk through me, especially when he caught me. This sent chills that I didn’t like, and when I looked up, I proved my point. The initial expression on Blake’s face was shock, quickly turning to what seemed like an angry scowl.

“What are you doing here?” he growled, wiping his shirt away, like I had wrinkled it somehow. I sighed, pushing the bangs out of my face.

“I was invited,” I simply stated, not wanting to meet his intimidating eyes.

“Oh, really,” he snorted, gripping my chin tightly. I winced with pain, trying to get him to stop. “By who Johnson?”

“Nick-” I growled, pushing his hand away. His eyes became darker.

“So I have no hope of him talking to me?” he questioned himself, snapping back at me. His hand flung out, catching my arm in a vice-like grip. I yelped as he pushed me against the wall. “Listen, whatever you think your doing here, forget it. This lasted longer than I thought and I’m not going to take it anymore, so just-”

“Blake,” that familiar voice interrupted, anger piercing through the softness. His grip immediately loosened, turning top face Nick, Joe, and Kevin-all of them staring him down. I saw that anger in Nick’s eyes and he didn’t bother to hide it from me. “What do you think your doing?” he raised his voice, stepping forward. Joe gripped his arm, mumbling under his breath. Nick’s face softened, glancing over at me. I gave him a small smile, keeping myself next to the wall. He opened his arms, and I immediately stepped past Blake, into him, smiling as he hugged me.

“Blake, just leave her alone,” Joe said softly, pushing us forward and up the stairs.

“Are you okay?” Nick whispered, looking into my eyes as we walked up the stairs.

“I’m fine,” I smiled, gripping his hand. He returned it, kissing the top of my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, quick update, but I just had to have everyone hate Blake some more. ha.
Just to let you know: upcoming chapters will be about the stay at the Jonas'. Here's a spoiler: Thanksgiving, a football game, girl talks, and a BIG surprise with Nick. I'm excited to write these!! (:
After that, it'll move to what Mitchie has been feeling.
Alright, I'll be busy, so comments give me inspiration and get my updates out quicker. It should get interesting real soon. ha.