Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

Let the games begin

I stood by, watching all the guys rush around, getting all their football stuff ready for a quick game in Nick’s backyard. They were all running around, rushing to get things read-like teen girls in a mall. Abby smiled proudly as she updated me on her and Mike. I smiled, nodding occasionally, but I couldn’t help let my eyes travel around the directions Nick was going. He seemed to be the most calmed, the most focused. He’d look over every few seconds and send me that sweet smile that made me blush, before going back over to Mike, one of his brothers, or the older men of the household. He never made eye contact with Blake, and it seemed to bother him- let the games begin.

Everyone rushed outside, and I wanted t ask what the big deal was, but Nick looked excited for this game, like he was in pro. football. In all reality, he was probably just as good. I glanced over at Denise, who was finishing up the early preparation for tomorrow. She was smiling widely… at everything. Kevin was getting married soon; Joe was thinking about getting a job as a teacher, oddly enough; Nick was home from California; everyone was happy; I knew I was.

We piled out into the surprisingly large yard, seeing all the fallen leaves pile up, a rake nearby. The grass looked extra green, definitely going to stain clothes. The older men lined up, laughing and pointing at the young boys, saying things like ‘you don’t know real football’ or ‘let’s see what you can do’ in a joking manner. Nick stood by my side, looking out at all the men there, running a hand through his curls before looking down at me with a smile.

“Wish me good luck? I wanna’ win,” he whispered, his chocolate eyes gleaming.

“Of course you’ll win,” I laughed, pulling him closer. I placed my lips on his, feeling that electric course through me as he kissed back-always so sweetly. “Good luck,” I mumbled, feeling my cheeks heat up. His own flushed before he jogged off a little ways, whispering to Joe, Kevin, and the others.

“Okay, okay!” Joe yelled, catching everyone’s attention. “We’re picking teams. Nick’s captain and…” he trailed off, scanning the crowd of men.

“Hey, let’s split it,” Danielle’s dad announced, getting everyone to agree.

“Okay, excellent. You and Nick pick teams,” Joe grinned, clapping his hands together.

“Joe,” Nick laughed, getting him to yell a ‘yes’ loudly.

“Paul,” Danielle’s dad continued.

“Kevin,” Nick added.

“Jesse,” Danielle’s dad called.
---

It went on and one, Nick ending up with; Joe, Kevin, Mike, Eric, Frankie, and Adam(Mike‘s father). Danielle’s dad picked; Paul, Jesse(Blake‘s father), John(Abby’s father), Blake, and Harold(my father.) Oh boy.

Abby and I cheered furiously, Grammie right next to me, rooting for Nick. We all laughed, getting Denise and my own mother to come out, also cheering for Nick’s team-even though their husbands were the opposite team. I had to admit, these people knew what they were doing, but Nick impressed me the most, of course. His features showed his determination on winning, and he was leading his team ahead already.

“Wow. Can you believe this? They are so competitive! Seriously!” Abby giggled, waving furiously at Mike when he looked over smiling. I caught Nick’s eye, seeing him wink as he took a deep breath. I bit my lip, worried that he was pushing himself too much for his diabetes, but he knew what he was doing and he’d be fine.

I watched as Blake got the ball, moving quickly, but Nick saw that and he ran full speed right towards him. My eyes widened and I gripped Abby’s arm tightly, not even able to look over at Denise, who was probably terrified. Neither of them stopped, that is, until Nick slammed right into Blake, pushing him a couple feet back, right onto his back-the ball flying into the air. You could hear the large ‘smack’ as Nick slammed into him. It felt like it knocked the wind out of me, but a loud sigh came out of all of us when Nick stood up, shaking his head, moving his joints and stretching, barely wincing. I knew what that was about, but I was happy to see Nick help him right up, giving him a weak smile. Blake seemed happy to just get something besides anger out of Nick, even though he probably had bruises forming. I guess that’s what happens in a game full of boys, especially when one is the sweetest, most protective, adorable, and creative boyfriend you could want.

----

“YES!” Nick’s team all shouted at once, realizing that they had one… by a wide shot.

“Great job, son,” Paul smiled proudly clapping each boy on the back. Everyone else congratulated Nick and his team, even if some were sore losers. It also looked as if Blake had a new expression on his face, especially when he looked at me; he didn’t want to mess with Nick anymore.

Nick jogged over to us, revealing the many grass stains he received by diving for the ball. Denise shook her head, unable to stop a smile from coming onto her lips anyway. Nick grinned widely at me, picking me up and spinning me around, gently, as if he had just one the superbowl.

“You’re my good luck charm,” he chuckled, kissing my cheek.

“Nah, your just to good,” I smiled, pushing my bangs back as he set y back on my feet. He shook his head, mouthing ‘I’m fine’ after I gave him a concerned look. I glanced over him once, smiling sheepishly… sure he was, in a different way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another update. Of course he won! He's Nick. Looks lIKE Blake got what he deserved, ha.
Anyway, I can cross the football game off the list. We're getting closer to the surprise! And the one that follows!! ha. Guess what it is?
COMMENTS<3