Status: COMPLETED; third on the way

Us; I love that

A Thanksgiving to give thanks to

It was getting dark and cold outside, leaving all of us deciding to come in and get ready for bed. Most of us scattered around the house, bumping into each other, trying to get to our destinations. Joe, Kevin, Danielle, Nick, Mr. and Mrs. Jonas, and I headed upstairs.

We entered Nick’s room after saying goodnight to the rest. I moved to my suitcase, picking out my gray sweats and that baseball jersey Nick had given me. I watched as he turned around, surprise in his eyes.

“You still have that?” he smiled, stepping closer.

“Yeah. Of course,” I laughed, holding it up. “You always doubt yourself,” I sighed, wrapping my arms around him.

“It’s hard not to,” he mumbled, pressing his lips to my head. He smelled so good. “Anyway, we should get some rest…” he yawned, moving to grab his own pajama’s. I let him use the bathroom first, giving me time to change before getting ready.

When I came back in, he was lying down on his bed, thinking. I smiled to myself, moving closer to stand over him. His eyes were shut, but they slowly opened upon feeling my presence, his cheeks turning pink and a smile spreading across his lips.

“What’s up?” he asked, setting himself on his elbows.

“I could ask the same thing…” I trailed off, smiling when he grabbed my hand, shrugging.

“I was just thinking,” he said quietly, pulling me down onto the bed and onto his chest.

“Nick,” I laughed, “I have to get to bed,” but I made no attempt of getting up.

“You are, so say goodnight,” he said quietly, reaching to turn out the light. When the darkness hit us, I sighed, resting my head on his chest.

“Goodnight,” I whispered, looking up to catch the gleam in his eyes-even in the dark.

“Goodnight,” he sang, his lips meeting mine. He never ceased to make me smile.

------

It always took a lot to wake me up, one of them being something coming up my throat. I sat up quickly, flinging my hands up to my mouth and falling off the bed. Nick grunted, sitting up quickly. Holding back the urge to run-and puke-I pushed the thought back, taking a deep breath and getting back up on my feet, Nick’s confused face looking straight at me.

“What’s wrong?” he mumbled, concern showing in his voice.

“Nothing,” I smiled, grabbing that hand that he held out. He stood up, eyeing me carefully, running a hand through his hair before deciding to take me word with a small smile.

We decided to take turns with the bathroom; Nick going first, then me, Joe, Danielle, Kevin… and whoever else was close by. I sat on the soft bed, after gathering my stuff, waiting for him to come back. I smelled the delicious food, but I didn’t know whether to be hungry or nauseous. I shook my head, letting a sigh escape my lips.

“Honey?” mom’s voice sounded, causing me to jump. I laughed nervously, standing up as she walked forward. “What’s wrong?” she asked softly, sitting next to me. It had been a while since I spoke to my mother like this. I usually went to my Grammie, and I knew Denise would also be a good listener, but my mother needed to know what was going on with me, even if I had no clue myself.

“I honestly don’t know,” I laughed dryly.

“Are you sick? Does Nick know you aren’t well?”

“No,” I shook my head. “He’s always asking, but I’m always telling myself I’m fine. I will be okay, I just feel a little sick,” I sighed, giving her a small smile.

“Alright,” she nodded, giving me a hug. “I miss you Mitchie. I know you hate being away from Nick, but he can come visit us too,” she smiled, heading out of the room. I took another deep breath, feeling better already-especially since Nick just walked in the room.
***

“Okay, okay,” Denise laughed, waving everyone into the large dining room. Everything’s finished. I know your just so hungry, Joseph,” she raised her eyebrow, getting Joe to drop his bag of chips and smile sweetly. We all laughed, standing up to enter the beautifully decorated dining room. It was a burgundy color, with cream accents and wooden features-perfect for every meal, but so classy. I smiled at Nick, commenting to Denise about her home for the thousandth time, seeing her smile genuinely with thanks. “Some of us are new to this, but Paul and I are so thankful to have all of you in our lives. I think we should all go around and say at least two things we’re thankful for,” she smiled, getting a kiss on the cheek from her husband. “Everyone needs to stand when they say this,” she added, her teaching side coming through. We all agreed as we took our seats, getting ready to listen to her. “Alright, I am very thankful for this life. Having my wonderful husband and beautiful kids; Kevin, Joseph, Nicholas, and Franklin. I’m thankful to be a mother to you and a wife to Paul. I’m also thankful to have their wonderful friends in our lives. We are truly blessed,” she sighed, taking her seat. Mr. Jonas stood with a smile, pushing his glasses up.

“I am also thankful for my family. I wouldn’t be anywhere without Denise. I wouldn’t have a great life without my children. Denise is absolutely right, we are all blessed,” he finished, patting Nick on the back. He sighed, scooting out of his chair to stand and look around quickly.

“Mom, dad-I’m thankful for you. You raised me to be the man I am today, and I will keep growing with what you teach. I thank you for giving me experiences with Christ, music, and sports-” he smiled, getting a laugh out of everyone, “and the biggest thing that changed my life… she’s sitting right here next to me and I couldn’t be happier.” I felt my cheeks grow hot as he looked down at me, that loving glint in his eyes, and I couldn’t stop smiling. “Thank you for always being there for me, for loving me and letting it show. Mitchie, I am thankful to have you,” he finished softly sitting down. Everyone seemed to ‘awe’ us as we blushed, looking at each other.

I had said that I was thankful for Nick, my family, my friends, and just overall life, but I didn’t pay attention to my words-I was to busy smiling at Nick who was smirking, trying to distract me, just to see if he could-he could add that to the never ending list of ‘Things Nick Jonas Is Great At.’ We went around the table, hearing what everyone was thankful for before we started eating. I definitely had my appetite back. Everyone thanked Denise for the amazing food, even before they were half-way done.

“Mitchie, we want to hear about your college life,” she smiled warmly.

“Alright. Umm, it’s going pretty good. I think I’m going to apply for an addition in the school magazine,” I said quietly, everyone commenting on how great that was.

“How wonderful. What pictures?”

“Actually, there from when we were in London,” I smiled, referring Nick and I. “I think they’d want the one’s of the city and the people in it-which would be Nick,” I laughed, seeing his eyes widen.

“Nicholas? In a magazine?” Paul asked, surprise in his voice, a smile on his lips.

“Really? Me?” Nick then asked. I nodded.

“If that’s okay. I could always take other-”

“No, No. I love those pictures,” he whispered, but Denise heard, her smile reappearing.

“I think that’d be a wonderful idea,” Denise smiled. “Nicholas was never photogenic in his own eyes, but everyone else knew he was,” she laughed, getting Nick to blush. I smiled back, gripping his hand.

“What about you, Nicholas? You mentioned everything was going well…” his father trailed off, signaling for Nicholas to jump in. I watched his face light up, almost a full smile playing at his lips. He gave my hand a squeeze and dropped his napkin, nodding.

“Umm, yeah-” he cleared his throat, giving me a smile. Everyone waited patiently, wanting to know what he had to say. “My teacher made a remark about my own teaching skills. He, uh, well he said that I should try this audition… for a small label, it’s not big or anything, which is perfect. I did. I had multiple songs to choose-”he paused, smiling at me again, “and… well, I got it!” he grinned, seeing everyone’s surprised and excited faces.

“Oh my gosh! Nicholas, I’m so proud!” Denise was the first to gleam.

“Yeah, son. I’m so proud of you, I’m sure we all are,” Mr. Jonas laughed, patting his back. Kevin and Joe went off on their opinions, saying Nick would be amazing, and I knew he would.

“Nick, that is so amazing,” I whispered. He leaned down to respond.

“I think the best part is going to be me moving to New York,” he grinned. My eyes widened and I didn’t think I heard him correctly, but I was sure he said it.

“Oh my gosh!” I yelled in a whisper, hugging him tightly. He placed his lips on mine, sneaking in a quick, but amazing kiss. Things were going to get better, I could already feel it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the update. I know, not very good, but I didn't know what to do with this part. Get ready for a surprise next! EEP. Anyway, comments.
This story is coming to an end, but I'll never forget Mitchie and Nick. i'm still considering a third!

THIS IS IMPORTANT;
Since this is ending, a third-if I do one-would be my main. I have starters for another story, though. Go on my profile, or my tumblr, and read the two. Tell me what you would like to see me write next. I love your feedback.

I will be updating 'Memories never truly Fade' as soon as I get an idea. Say thanks to tworebels.love for her chapters!

COMMENTS.