Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

Harmless

Natalie’s POV

I sat at the edge of the pool just thinking. I sat there hugging my knees to my chest. I had some many things on my mind. Just a few days ago I was dealing with the same stress that I have been dealing with for four years. The stress of keeping my grades up, raising Dante and trying to stay sane under all of this stress.

Raising Dante was more stressful than some people may think. I’m the one picking up dinner for him or cooking for him. I had to buy his clothes with what little money I had. I had to drop him off at school and pick him up. I was the one who had to make sure that he was safe when he went somewhere.

When he was younger and I would take him with me I always received looks of disgust or disapproving looks. I was always looked down on because people assumed that he was mine. People assumed that I had slept with some guy, gotten pregnant and had the baby. The never bother to ask me if he was my little brother, they just assumed that I was another statistic. Luckily, the looks didn’t come around as often, the older he gotten, but they were still there.

Even with the looks, I would still miss Dante. I may not be able to see him again. I don’t even know where he is right now. I don’t know if my Aunt took him to school or even fed him this morning. She might not pick him up from school if she dropped him off. He’s going to have to take care of his self and he can’t do that when he’s five years old. He doesn’t know where to begin, he could possibly hurt himself.

And it was my entire fault.

I sighed and buried my head into my knees. I could feel tears beginning to form into my eyes. I closed my eyes and sniffed. She had to go and push me to my limits. I had to be the one who didn’t know how to control my temper when it came down to my parents. I sniffed again and shut my eyes tighter. This only added to the amount of stress that I was already under.

“You okay Natalie?” I heard Justin ask from behind me.

I looked up and quickly wiped and tears away from my eyes. I didn’t need him asking questions. As far as I was concerned he was simply another person in my life right now. I wasn’t looking to get close to him, I didn’t even want to tour with him, so why would I want to be close to him.

“Yeah I’m fine” I lied as I looked forward. I could see Justin sit down next to me out of the corner of my eye but I pretended not to notice. I needed to pretend like I was okay so that he wouldn’t ask any questions.

“You don’t seem okay” he pointed out.

I sighed and rested my chin on my knees. “I’m fine Bieber” I muttered, lying once again.

Justin shrugged his shoulders and fell silent. I honestly didn’t think that it would be that easy to get him to drop the subject. I thought he would keep pointing out how badly I was lying and I would have to keep lying horribly. Instead he did the exact opposite. He pulled out his phone and checked the time before sliding it back into his pocket.

“Can I ask you a question?” he said breaking the silence.

I wasn’t exactly sure about what he was going to ask me, but I didn’t see the harm. Just because he asked doesn’t mean that I had to answer. If I didn’t like the question then I just wouldn’t answer. I shrugged my shoulders and looked at him. “Might as well” I hesitated.

Justin then turned so that he was looking at me. His gaze held mine as he stared at me. “What exactly we’re you doing outside last night?” he questioned.

I sighed andhesitantly looked away from him. I should have known that he was going to ask that question. It was bound to come up at sometime. “I wanted to go for a walk” I lied. “I couldn’t sleep”

Justin furrowed his brows together. “So I’m supposed to believe that you left your house at 4 something in the morning to go for a walk in the rain because you couldn’t sleep?”

“3:30”

“What?” he questioned completely confused.

I sighed and hugged my knees even closer to my chest. “I left my house at three thirty not four” I corrected.

Justin’s face fell serious. He flipped his hair and sighed. “If you don’t want to tell me what really happened you don’t have to, but don’t tell me the most insane lie that you could ever come up with” he said with a smile as he looked at the pool.

I resisted the urge to smile once the words left his mouth. I couldn’t quite explain why I suddenly felt the urge to smile, but I did. I just saw him smile and it made me want to smile. As if I knew that he was serious yet he was joking. I just felt comfortable enough to smile around him even though I hardly knew him.

But despite how I felt I didn’t.For some horrible reason, I didn’t smile, even though I completely wish that I had.

Justin continued to smile until his phone vibrated. He quickly slid it out of his pocket and answered it. I tuned out what he was saying not bothering to concern myself with it. I didn’t think that it had anything to do with me, but how I was wrong.

Justin hung up and put his phone back in his pocket. He then stood up and smiled down at me. I furrowed my brows together as I looked up at him. He was planning something, and it wasn’t hard to figure out.

“Come on” he said while nodding to the side with his head.

I shook my head. “I don’t think so, I don’t know what you’re planning to do”

“I’m going to convince you like you said I could. And you said you wouldn’t be stubborn” he pointed out.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Did he always have to point out everything? “That doesn’t mean that I’m going to be completely submissive to you though” I pointed out.

Justin laughed and shook his head. “Will you just come-on already”

I sighed and rolled my eyes. “Fine” I caved. I stood up and started to brush myself off. I could see Justin following my hands as I brushed off the part of my thighs that were showing. Since the shorts were pretty short, there was a lot of skin showing.

I crossed my arms over my chest and looked at him. He was still looking me over until he noticed that I was looking at him. A smirk then formed on his face. He didn’t seem to mind the fact that I had caught him eyeing me either. He actually looked as if he was glad I caught him. As if he expected me to follow through with something.

I rolled my eyes and walked closer to him so that I was standing directly in front of him. I leaned forward so that I was inches from his face. “Keep it in your pants Bieber” I whispered with a smirk.

He laughed lightly so that it was closer to a scoff. “Don’t flatter yourself” he whispered. His smirk never left his face the entire time he spoke.

“Don’t have to, you do it for me” I whispered one last time before walking away making sure to brush my shoulder against his shoulder.

Okay, I admit it I’m a flirt sue me. I’m not a flirt all the time, sometimes it just happens. This was one of those times when it just happens. Just because I haven’t dated for a while doesn’t mean that I’ve forgotten how to flirt.

“You’re the one who’s supposed to be showing me where we’re going” I yelled as I walked up the steps of the porch.

I heard the grass behind me letting me know that Justin was catching up with me. “To the front” he said as he fell into step with me.

“Where are we going again?” I questioned as I walked into the house. Justin was now behind me closing the door.

“Just trust me, I did say no tricks”

I rolled my eyes. “That doesn’t mean that you’re going to follow what I said” I pointed out.

“Touché”

We walked through the house completely silent until we reached the front door. Once we stepped outside I noticed the truck from yesterday. The window were rolled down, since it was hot, allowing me to see who was inside. Sitting in the driver’s seat was “big guy”. He had one hand on the steering wheel while the other was resting on the arm rest.

“What are you waiting for, come-on” Justin said while opening the door. I was in such a daze that I didn’t notice him walk over to the car.

I nodded before climbing in. Justin got in after me and shut the door. “Nick meet Natalie, Natalie meet Nick” he introduced.

Nick said hi and waved while looking at me through the rear view mirror. So that was his name. Although there’s nothing wrong with the name Nick I think I’ll stick with big guy. I kind of like it better for some odd reason.

“So Nick would you mind telling me where Bieber plans on taking me?” I questioned as I leaned forward.

Nick laughed and shook his head. “I was told not to tell, sorry”

I groaned and sat back in my chair. Justin laughed before looking over at me. He winked and folded his arms behind his head. “You didn’t think that I would actually let you figure out where we’re going that easily did you?”

I folded my arms over my chest and glared. I tried not to smile or laugh at what was going on. If this was Allan and I wasn’t in this situation I would have by now, but I couldn’t give Justin that kind of satisfaction.

“You said no tricks” I muttered as I stared out of the window.

“It’s not a trick, it’s just….a surprise”

“Well what if I don’t like surprises?” I questioned with a smirk.

“Trust me, you’ll like my surprise” he replied.

I leaned forward and motion for my index finger for him to do the same. He smirked and leaned in. I could see Nick raising an eyebrow at the two of us through the rear view mirror.

“Anything that has to deal with you and a surprise can’t be good” I smirked.

“Want me to prove you wrong” he said with a wink.

I rolled my eyes. I saw Nick’s gaze flicker once again from the road to us then back to the road.

“If you think you can”

“Trust me, it’ll be good”

I leaned in once again so that we were inches away from each other’s face. “You’re one of many guys to claim that” I whispered.

“But I can back it up” he whispered. He leaned in some more so that I could feel his breath on my lips. “Trust me”

“If you’re lucky, you’ll get that chance” I spoke so that it was barely audible.

Nick cleared his throat but neither of us moved an inch. I didn’t even know what to call this. We weren’t arguing this time so I couldn’t say that this was us being stubborn. I didn’t know what to call it. The only thing that I could think of was, flirting.

But we couldn’t be flirting. This couldn’t be considered flirting….could it. I mean we were just talking…right?

Well if we were flirting it was harmless right. We didn’t mean anything by it, we were just harmlessly flirting. Almost as a joke. He was a huge flirt and I was just a flirt on occasion it all makes since right.

I pulled away and sat back in my chair. I looked out the window and inwardly sighed.

Completely harmless.
♠ ♠ ♠
And the tension builds lol. I have a feeling that a lot of you guys like it this way.

Do you guys think that Justin and Natalie are actually flirting or just joking?
Do you guys think that this flirting going on between them is harmless?

Comments=Next Chapter