Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

Talking with Maya

Natalie's POV

Sunday was uneventful. I spent most of the day with my little brother at the park. I at least wanted him to have fun, even if I couldn’t. The studio was closed, like it always is on Sundays, and I was glad. I didn’t want to have to go back there. After the fact that Tony had practically tricked me to audition, I was still fuming.

“Ms. Brown!” my history teacher Mr. Hill shouted.

I shot my head up from my desk. I was taking my daily fourth period nap. Today that class just happened to be history, which I knew I would regret later if not now.

I yawned and stretched. “Yes Mr. Hill?” I questioned while rubbing my now awake eyes.

“I suggest that if you want to take a nap you do it at home on your own time. You wouldn’t want another detention now would you” he scolded.

He always threw a detention in my face, all of my teachers did. I was basically not caring about everything school related. If I didn’t do my homework, I didn’t care. If I got a bad grade, I didn’t care. The only thing that could get through to me was a detention.

Why detention, well because of my little brother. I have to pick him up after school. I’m the only one who can and will. If I get a detention then I can’t do it, and who knows what would happen to him if I didn’t pick him up.

I sat upright in my chair with a sigh. “No we wouldn’t”

He nodded his head. “Then stay awake in my class” he then dropped his binder on his desk making a loud boom sound. Every other sleeping student jolted up in their chair.

The binder wouldn’t have woken me up if I was sleep. He has to drop the trashcan next to my desk in order to wake me up when I’m sleep. Luckily, I was only napping this time.

The bell then rang releasing us from his classroom. I sighed with relief as I gathered my books together. Mr. Hill reminded us about the homework but no one was listening. The combination of being out of class and being out of our last class of the day was getting to us.

I walked down the crowded hallway of my school towards my locker. People were talking all over the hallway. Some were rushing to their lockers as I was. Some were trying to make it to their bus on time. The hallways were crowded and busy.

I reached my locker, entered to combination and opened it. I didn’t bother decorating the inside of my locker the way that others did. It wasn’t because I didn’t have the time; it was because I didn’t feel like it.

After getting everything that I needed I closed my locker and found my best friend Maya leaning against the locker next to mine. Maya has been my best friend ever since I moved down here to Atlanta. She knows everything about me and I know everything about her.

She smiled at me as she held her books against her chest. Her brunette bangs fells above her crystal blue eyes. She had light freckles going across her cheeks. Maya was extremely pretty. She had a slim figure, she didn’t have many curves, but she didn’t need them to be attractive.

“Hey girly” she greeted.

“Hey” I replied with a smile. We started walking towards the front of the building. Maya walks with me every day to go pick up Dante.

“Let me guess, you fell asleep again in Mr. Hill’s class” she questioned with a laugh.

I rolled my eyes and tucked a stray hair behind my ear. “Well why sit in a class and be bored when you can sleep, dream and be entertained” I argued.

I hated history. It was right up there next to math. History was nothing but facts to me, I didn’t like facts. Yes, I liked the truth, but I hated facts. I would rather find things out for myself than read about them in a book.

Maya shook her head “Well was it as entertaining as dancing?”

“Never” I replied. We both laughed as we walked down the hallway. People gave us weird looks as we walked down the hallway. We both ignored the looks though.

As I stopped laughing, a thought came to my mind. Should I tell Maya about yesterday? She knows everything about me, but how would she react to it. She doesn’t even know about the studio holding auditions for back-up dancers. How would she react to hearing that the auditions were for Justin Bieber, and that I had met him and was an inch away from telling him off?

Well, she probably won’t overreact too badly. Hopefully, she won’t overreact at all.

“Um….Maya”

She looked over at me. “Hm?”

We pushed the front door open and walked outside. I took a deep breath. I might as well tell her nnow. “How would you react…if I met Justin Bieber….hypothetically speaking of course?” So I chickened out at the last second but you would to if you were in my situation.

She simply shrugged her shoulders and continued to stare straight ahead. I furrowed my brows together as I looked at her. She couldn’t be serious. Why would she be calm about this?

“Are you for real?” I questioned.

She nodded her head. “I wouldn’t care really. I see him everyday” She then pulled her books away from her chest. On the cover of her purple binder was a picture of Justin.

I groaned and rolled my eyes. Maya then started laughing uncontrollably. Like I said before, she couldn’t be serious about that. She loved him, why wouldn’t she go crazy if she knew that I met him.

“Sorry I just couldn’t resist” she said as she finally calmed down. I rolled my eyes in a playful manor.

“But why the sudden question about my future husband?” she questioned.

I gulped; I should have known that this was going to happen. I didn’t usually ask hypothetical questions, so I knew that she was suspicious. I looked down at the sidewalk and bit my lip as I thought of an excuse. Finally I smiled and looked up at her.

“Well the studio is having auditions for one of us to become back-up dancers for an artist. They didn’t tell us who the artist was so I was just wandering what it would be like if it were him that’s all” I explained.

It wasn’t the best excuse that I could come up with but it wasn’t a lie. They didn’t tell us who the artist was, I just happened to meet him.Though I wish that I hadn’t.

Maya stopped walking in mid-step. I stopped walking and turned around to face her. She blinked five times before she opened her mouth.

“Y-you have a chance to be a back-up dancer for….one of the hottest guys that I have ever seen?” she questioned with utter shock dripping from her voice.

I rolled my eyes and put on hand on my hip. I haven’t told her that it was him and she’s ready to jump up and down with excitement. I had just told her that they didn’t tell us who the artist was, but she completely forgot about that part.

“Okay first, I didn’t say that it was him, and second he’s not hot” I turned the corner leaving her standing there dumbfounded.

She soon caught up with me and fell into step with me. “Okay first of all yes he is. He’s so damn hot that you can’t even imagine. He could probably melt ice by looking at—”

“Really though, ice. Ice” I interrupted. I couldn’t believe that actually went far enough to say that he could melt ice. What kind of since does that make? I’ll tell you, none, it doesn’t make any since.

And like I said before, he’s not hot. Is he cute, yes, is he amazingly hot, no. Maya was just exaggerating. I had just met the guy; if he was hot I think that I would know. And no, I don’t hate the guy.

“Whatever” she said while rolling her eyes. “But you might be a back-up dancer not a video girl, a back-up dancer. That’s huge Nat” she squealed with excitement.

“No I don’t” I muttered.

“What do you mean no you don’t? I’ve seen you dance before Nat there’s no way that you could not get this”

“I’m not auditioning” I replied in a monotone. Even though this was the first that Maya was hearing about the auditions, I was still tired of everyone on my back about the audition. Why couldn’t they just let it go?

“And why the hell not”

“Because I’m not now just drop it”

“But—”

“Now please”

She nodded her head and we continued to walk in silence. Normally I would have apologized but I just couldn’t this time. Knowing that I was going to the studio later today was getting to me. It meant that more people were going to ask me about the audition.

I sighed as we walked. Why couldn’t people just let it go?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone whose reading my story. It'll get more interesting in the next one, i promise.

Since i have a lot to do
Comments=Next Chapter