Sequel: Tour With Me
Status: Completed. 6/20/2010

Dance with Me

The List

After I dropped Dante off at day care, I caught the bus to the studio. The bus wasn’t late today so I didn’t have to worry about being late. Actually, since I didn’t need to change my clothes from school, I would probably be early.

My head was leaning against the glass window of the metro bus. My I-pod was in my ears blasting “That’s What You Get” by Paramore. The bus was surprisingly empty today so I was able to get my own seat. Sitting by people I didn’t know was weird for me. I could practically have an anxiety attack because of it. Why, I’m not sure but I do. I just hate being near strangers.

I had a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach as I watched the buildings fly by. I didn’t know why but, I did. My stomach twisted the more I thought about the studio and the closer that I got to it. I couldn’t shake the feeling that something was going to happen today, something that I wasn’t going to like.

I noticed that we were approaching my stop just as the song ended. I reached up and pulled the rope, signaling the ding to let the driver know that I was getting off.

The bus stopped, and I left out of the back door carrying my bag in one hand and scrolling through my playlist with the other. I settled on “Nothing On You” by B.O.B. before walking down to the studio. Surprisingly there were hardly any people outside today either. I guess no one likes Mondays.

I walked into the studio humming along to the words of the song. If I wasn’t in such a daze, I would have noticed that Stacey was on the phone behind the desk. If I had noticed I would have noticed that she was confused. I would have asked her why she was confused therefore avoiding the shock that was heading my way, but I didn’t. So when it happened, I was as shocked as ever.

I entered the studio to see that everyone wasn’t there yet. The people who were in the studio were stretching or simply talking. Some of them were excited; they were practically jumping up and down. They were saying how happy they were about making it.

I figured that they were talking about the auditions. They had probably found out who got a call-back and who didn’t. I instantly lost interest. I didn’t care who made it and who didn’t. I wasn’t auditioning so I don’t care whose competition.

I scowled as I dropped my bag in the back of the room. I was still angry at Tony for what he did yesterday. He knew that I didn’t want to audition; he shouldn’t have pulled a stunt like that. When a person says that they don’t want to audition then no one should make them audition.

“Dimples” Allan said from behind me. I turned around to find him walking towards me. He had a huge smile on his face as he walked over towards me. He must have gotten a call-back to.

“Hey” I replied while putting on a fake smile. I didn’t need him to ask me why I was upset. Then I would have to explain what happened yesterday to him.

Once he was standing in front of me, he picked me up into the air. I was a little shocked so I ended up letting out a little shriek. Allan was always the energetic type, but there’s nothing wrong with warning someone first. He put me down and I hit him in his chest.

“Don’t scare me like that” I scolded.

He rolled his eyes. “I was just celebrating our success” he explained with a shocked yet still happy, expression on his face.

“That’s not an excuse—wait what do you mean our?” I questioned. He better not say what I think he’s going to say.

Allan looked taken back by my questioned. His brows were furrowed together in confusion. I could tell that he thought I would know what he was talking about. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by someone’s annoying voice.

“Nat you’re here on time two days in a row” Annabelle said. She had a fake smile on her face as she walked over to me and Allan. I resisted the urge to clench my fist and scowl. Being frenemies with someone that you hate is annoying.

I took a deep breath and put on the best fake smile that I could muster up. “Yeah I guess I’m just starting to get lucky” I replied in a sweet voice.

“Yeah you are” she said while putting her hands on her hips. She gave Allan a once over before giving me one. I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

She then pointed her finger behind her with a confused look on her face. “Especially since your name was on the call-back list when you didn’t even audition”

“What!” I nearly screamed. I clenched my fist together and scowled. I stormed over to the list that was posted onto the wall. She couldn’t be serious. I made it clear yesterday that I didn’t want the call back and that I wasn’t auditioning. This is going over the edge.

I brushed past the two people that were cheerfully talking about the list. They mumbled a few things under their breath as I walked past. I ignored there comments and focused my attention on the list.

At the top of the list in bold was the word call back list. I took my finger and scrolled down the list. The list was in alphabetical order but I wanted to check anyway. I pasted Annabelle’s name and Allan’s name. Then that’s when I saw it, my first and last name was on the list. This could not be happening.

I growled and turned around to find Allan standing there. “If you didn’t audition then why is your name—”

“Because he put it up there” I interrupted in a monotone. My fists were still clenched as I spoke.

I knew exactly who I was talking about, Bieber. He just couldn’t take no for a answer could he. He thinks he can get whatever he wants doesn’t he. Oh, he better hope that I don’t see him again, or else there’s going to be hell to pay.

Allan had a confused look etched onto his face. His green eyes showed that he didn’t understand what was going on. He was utterly confused. “Do you mean Tony?” he questioned.

“He was part of it to but no” I replied with a scowl still etched on my face. “I was talking about J—”

“Justin Bieber!!!” a girly screamed interrupted me.

I instantly turned to face the door and there he wasin all his glory. Behind him was Andrew, Stacey and a burly looking guy, I’m guessing that’s his body guard. He was wearing a pair of navy blue jeans and a gray hoodie. The hoodie was unzipped revealing a red shirt underneath. A smile was plastered on his face as he looked around.

Some of the girls started screaming. They were trying to get to him but the guys were stopping him. They all had annoying looks plastered on their faces as they held the girls back. There were only two girls in the room that weren’t screaming or shrieking out of excitement. That was me, and Annabelle. Who knows why Annabelle wasn’t screaming, but I knew why I wasn’t.

I was shocked and pissed. He wasn’t supposed to be here. He was supposed to remain anonymous until the final call-back was made, apparently, not. On the other hand I was glad that he was here. Now that he was here I could give him hell and make him take my name off the list. I could use force if necessary. I glanced over at the big guy in the back. He might not let me use force….sadly.

“Alright, alright” Stacey spoke while stepping forward. Her clip board wasn’t in her hand and she had an amused look on her face. She obviously found all of the fan-girls funny. The girls finally silenced but their eyes were still glued to Bieber. They were like fat kids in a chocolate factory, they just couldn’t get enough of him. I on the other hand was like a bulimic in the grocery store. Disgusted at everything that I saw.Well almost everything.

“We understand that some of you know who this is already” Stacey began. “But for those of you who don’t know this is Justin Bieber and he’s the guy you’re going to be auditioning for as a back-up dancer well…some of you”

The girls started up again only this time they weren’t screaming. They were murmuring about how excited they were and how they couldn’t believe it. The guys were talking about how they didn’t care if it was Justin Bieber they were just glad to get a call-back.

I remained tense and angry. Justin’s gaze flickered to me and I instantly glared at him. He was such an ass for pulling a stunt like this. Justin smirked before scanning the room again.

Allan grabbed my waist and started pulling me towards the other side of the room. I glared at Bieber one last time before facing the other way. I couldn’t believe that little douche bag. Wait till his body-guard isn’t around, then I’ll kill him. I’ll even make it look like an accident.

“Okay, I’m going to need you to not kill our future boss”

I scowled once more. “He’s not going to be my boss. He’s never going to be my boss and how did you know that I wanted to kill him maybe I didn’t” I added.

Allan simply laughed lightly. He moved so that he was standing in front of me. I was so angry that I didn’t notice that his hands were still holding my waist. “Because I know you and stop scowling before your face gets stuck that way”

“Maybe I like it this way” I replied trying not to smile. I folded my arms across my chest and looked away from him. I had suddenly taken interest in my worn out shoes.

“Well it’s not about you it’s about me” I playfully pushed him once the words left his mouth. I have to admit that Allan always knew how to make me smile. No matter how angry I was, he could instantly cause me to perk up. It was one of the reasons why he was my best friend.

“Alright since Tony won’t be able to make it today I’m going to lead the rehearsal today” Stacey spoke. She started walking towards the front of the room.

Justin, Andrew and Big man walked to the back. The girls watched every move that Justin took. I rolled my eyes at how they gawked at him. He was nothing more than an ass with good hair and a good voice. I glared once again, I would deal with him after rehearsal.

“Relax” Allan said while tightening his grip on me. I playfully rolled my eyes and pushed his hands from around my waist. I turned away from him and turned around to face Stacey.

“So today we’re going to work on the “In My Head” routine, and yes I know that a lot of you don’t know it” she spoke.

She pulled her hair up into a bun as she scanned the room. Her eyes landed on me then flickered to Annabelle. “Natalie and Annabelle why don’t you give a demonstration of the routine?” she questioned.

I sighed but nodded my head anyway. Strangely it wasn’t because I would have to give a demonstration or because I had to do it with Annabelle at my side. I was more upset about the fact that I had to do it in front of Bieber. This would only give him more of a reason to want me as a back-up dancer.

I know what you’re thinking, why don’t I just dance badly so that he won’t want me anymore, well I can’t. Not only because I have to show everyone how to do it right, but because it’s too much work. You have to remember to be off beat and to look as if you have no rhythm and you have to remember to forget the dance moves. All in all dancing badly takes a lot of effort from me.

I walked to the center of the room and stood to the right of Annabelle. “You ready?” she questioned with a smile. I simply nodded my head. I honestly wasn’t but I had to do what I had to do. We took our starting positions as we stood in front of the mirror.

The music started and Annabelle and I began with our freeze frames. They were different since it didn’t matter which ones you did just as long as you could start the dance on time. The music started and so did Annabelle and I. We continued the routine in sync and on time. Like I said before, Annabelle could dance.

When we reached the chorus we had to turn around. I avoided Bieber’s gaze but I could still see him out of my perifrial. He was watching both Annabelle and I intensely. His face held nothing but complete awe and seriousness. His gaze shifted to me and I quickly set mine on Allan. If I looked at Beiber it would throw me off. I would end up glaring at him and missing a count. We turned back around on count and continued with the routine.

This was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the wait. I just had other things to do and then every time i started writing this something stopped me or distracted me. But it's here now.

Comments=Next Chapter