Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

Pain Hurts So Bad

One Month Later.

Melody smiled as she finished getting ready for her first day of school. A whole month since she moved and she was feeling great. She completely forgot- well was trying to forget the past.

Brenden appeared in the doorway. Melody and Brenden became quick friends within the past month, of course he had a girlfriend though. So it was strictly friendly. He smiled at her.

“Ready, Sophomore?” Brenden would be a senior this year and he always made fun of her for being younger. That was basically all he knew about her. It sounds terrible since she knows everything about him, but she let out her past once and that was hard enough.

She made little guns at him and made a clicking sound. “You betcha Senior” She couldn't help but feel that sting inside her, the sting that was telling her she wanted to be at her high school. “I'm nervous, though.” She admitted.

He laughed and hugged her. “You look awesome and everyone will love you! Especially the guys” Brenden winked. “Oh, I gotta go pick up Lauren.”

Melody crinkled her nose at the sound of Brenden's girlfriend's name. “Fine, See you at school maybe.”

He waved and leaved. Melody had ten minutes before she needed to leave and all she could think about was how hard the past month has been for her internally, even though she wont let it show externally. She struggled to keep sober, but she did. Melody recalled the nights she would stay up crying until she fell asleep, only to wake up with smeared make up and puffy eyes. Going back to her old life was not a choice though. Not once through the whole month did she get any calls or call anyone other than the Vince's.

Melody stared at her cell phone contact's. Only one was there, Brenden. Everyone else was deleted when Melody added Brenden. That was another big step in moving on.

Some day's Melody really wanted to go back to where she belonged but she knew this was best for the people she left behind.

The clock informed Melody that it was time for her first day of school.

School would start in a week for Luke Owens but he sure wasn't ready. The past month had been hell for him. He didn't admit it to anyone but he cried, every night. The girl he loved left him. This was the second time it had happened. Melody wasn't even his girlfriend like Anna was.

Luke was tried to move on the way he did with Anna by having meaningless sex but he knew he couldn't do it. He loved Melody to much. He did it after Anna because it helped, but this time, nothing could help him more than Melody coming back.

He knew he had to find her but the past month he didn't even try. He sat in his room and barley came out. Evelyn was worried about her son, she tried to get him to get help but he wouldn't budge. He didn't even visit his sister.

Luke almost started his “diet” again, but he thought about how if Melody was around that she would be really disappointed in him.

Luke started doing something he knew Melody would be upset about. Okay, so now he was a hypocrite. Luke was now a cutter.

It became his outlet. Just like it had been her's. He prayed she was okay and sober, he knew she was though. She left him after all so she must not be in any pain. She must be happy.

Evelyn opened Luke's door without knocking.

“This has got to quit! Get your butt out of this room for once!”

Luke shook his head.

“Dammit, Luke! Quit it!”

She grabbed his wrist and noticed that it had bumps on it. Without second thought she flipped over his wrist and gaped at it and tears wrenched from her eyes. Luke scrambled to explain as he pulled his arm away but Evelyn didn't want to listen.

“Why?” She cried. “Why? Your sister having problems isn't enough?! Dammit!”

Luke felt his tears well up into his eyes. “Mom, I'm sorry, It's just.. Melody.”

Anger took over Evelyn. “Don't use excuses. Don't blame others for your actions.”

“I'm not” Luke yelled. He would never blame Melody for anything.

“If you don't fucking get your shit straight, Luke, you're going to leave! You will be in the “clinic” with Cara. I don't care how much you protest, you will leave!”

She slammed the door and Luke stared at the picture of him and Melody on his dresser. They were laughing in their hotel room, it was one of the good times they had. Luke missed that. He wished he could have Melody. He new it wasn't very probable though.

Melody smiled at the guy who had just walked her home. His name was Travis. He had blonde hair and copper eyes. He kissed her cheek and walked away. Melody walked into her house and shut the door softly behind her. She knew her mom wouldn't be home so she sat against the door.

School was really good. Everyone was so friendly and the school was so nice. There was no groups, everyone was friends with everyone. All the guys even actually flirted with her.

One thing was missing though, her happiness. The outside she was happy, the inside, she was dying.

Her heart was aching.

Home is where the heart is, right? Well, Melody must have left part of her heart behind then, because this place us not where her heart is.

She had to do something. She had to, but what?

She needed to see Luke again. She had to see Luke again.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was in 3rd person again, I hope you still like it :) Will Melody go home/ Will she realize she does love Luke?

Another chapter will be out soon and maybe two more before Melody determines if she is going home or not.

:) Thanks for the comments and Subscriptions