Status: Completed and Sequel being written :)

My Best Friend's Brother

Going Home?

I wake up and Luke is laying next to me sleeping. I smile softly and then shake my smile off. I know I'm starting to like him.. I don't believe I can be "in love" so I don't know what is wrong with me. I get up, take a shower, and get ready. I grab my cell phone, text my mom a 'good morning', and then kiss Luke on the cheek before I walk out of the hotel room.

Okay why did I do that? Ugh, I'm so stupid!

When I walk out of my hotel room I bump into Cara. I glare at her and try to walk away but she grabs my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry!! I know I said stupid shit, but I was high! I'm so sorry, please please please forgive me"

I roll my eyes and avoid further conflict by trying to walk away again. She holds tighter on my shoulders.

"I'm sorry!" Cara yells. I frown and pull her into Luke and I's hotel room.

"Hush, he is sleeping" I whisper, pointing to Luke who is laying on my bed. She looks at me oddly for a second but then shakes it off and focuses on seeking for forgiveness.

She grabs my hands. "I'm so sorry! Ally gave me pills"

"Where is Ally now?" I whisper.

"She left, she is with her grandparents all summer here. She just wanted to say a quick 'hello'"

I shake my head. "Why would you get high after what happened?"

"What?" Cara asks stupidly.

I press me thumb and index finger to my forehead, frustrated. "We almost died"

"Oh. Yeah, that. Well, I dunno.. I love getting high.. It's fun.. You know that.. You like it too"

I shrug "Yeah but I quit doing it"

"Well, anyways I'm sorry"

"How do you remember what happened?" I ask.

She rubs her head. "I always get blasting headaches after being high and I always remember it all, I never really remember why I do the things I do when I'm high though"

"I see... well I guess I forgive you.. but what you said.. hurt me.."

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean any of it"

I shrug.

Mom walks in our hotel room. "Hey, Kiddo's!" I point to Luke and smile while putting my finger to my lips.

She smiles and comes to sit next to us on the floor.

"So turns out we have to go home a few days early. Melody, your mom was in a car accident"

I almost instantly start crying till Luke's voice interrupts my outbreak. "Hey, what are we all doing"

I look at him and look back at Mom. I then just start to cry my eyes out.

"Luke, Melody's mom was in a car accident, we have to go home early"

He jumps off the bed and sits next to me. "Oh my god, is she okay?" He doesn't touch me because Cara always tells him her friends are off limits, I know he doesn't want to make things awkward or make Cara think that we have something going on.

Well, I mean, we don't..

"She's in critical condition. Melody, stay with us when we go home, okay? I offered it to Heather over the phone and she said she'd rather you stay with us, or you can stay with your Aunt Glen"

I nodded through tears. "I'll stay with you. You're more like a mother to me"

"Okay, sweetie. Let's all leave Melody alone to have some space. We all need to pack"

Luke gets up. "I have to stay in here, 'cause my stuff.."

"Oh, yes. Well Cara, let's go pack our stuff." Without arguing they leave. It was not up for compromising that we had to go home early, and none of us argued, especially me.

The second the door closes, Luke sticks his hand out for me and I grab it. He pulls me up into a tight embrace and I cry on his shoulder. Each time I'm around him and we are being friendly, I always feel weird because he's younger than me.. Only by a year but it feels like so much more.

"I'm so sorry, baby" I cry harder on his shoulder and take a mental note that he just seriously called me baby. Justin Beiber time.. well that will be saved for later.

He let me cry until I got all my crying out.

His hands were on my waist softly and he kissed my forehead. "All better now?"

I nod softly.

"Okay, let's pack now"

I whimper and he laughs and starts to pack so I follow suit and turn around as I walk to my dresser and start putting crap into my suitcase. After a few minutes of packing I hear Luke zip his suitcase. I roll my eyes, I'm either taking a long time or he was to quick.

I feel hands on my waist and by instinct turn around and smack Luke. I stare at him with my mouth open.

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry"

He laughs and rubs his cheek. "It's okay, Melody. But now you owe me something" He moves closer to my body.

"And what would that be?"

He bites his lip and puts one hand on my cheek before I step back. "Sorry, stud, I gotta pack"

He gives me puppy dog eyes and I turn from him and finish packing. He helps me so I finish quicker. The second we zip the suitcase he throws it next to his on his bed and then turns towards me. Without warning Luke grabs my cheeks with his hands and moves in to kiss me but our hotel door swings open. We quickly step away from each other.

I push my hair back with my hands.

"Hey" Cara says looking at both of us oddly. "Um.. Mom said when you guys are ready were gonna leave for the airport. We were lucky to get tickets to fly home to Missouri today" Her expression still didn't change.

"Yay, good ol Missouri" Luke says jokingly.

Cara laughs. "Okay we'll be in the lobby waiting for you guys, so come when you're finished"

She closes the door and Luke walks over to me. "Where was I?"

"Luke, we can't keep this up. We aren't dating. You're my best friend's brother. We can't have do this"

He puts his hands on my hips. "Oh, I know. But I know you want to, and I know I want to too"
♠ ♠ ♠
Oohh, so what's gonna happen next?? I absolutely love to write this story so I update often. I'll be making a new story soon so be looking for that.
I hope you enjoyed. It seems Luke is always wanting to kiss Melody, well that's because he is extremely attracted to her and cannot control his hormones.

Oh and how about Melody's mom? How sad. :( Okay well comment and subscribe. Thanks to my two commenters.

Look for more soon.