Status: Complete

Nobody Said It Was Easy

Just Another Regular Day

"I promise you Zeke that I will find a way back to you and we will fall in love all over again," Jack promised, tears started forming in his eyes. "It's now seven o'clock Zeke, we must go to our positions now. I love you."

Zeke reached out to Jack and gave him a kiss on the lips, "I love you too Jack."

Jack ran off to his shooting pod and immediately sat down, strapping himself in.

"Jack? Jack! JACK, HELLO?" Sona shouted from Jack's wrist band.

"Yes Sona?" Jack asked pushing the button on his wrist band.

"I see movement in the air 2 miles east of the World Trade Center."

"Aircraft movement has been spotted 2 miles east. Everyone get in position to fire, I repeat get in position to fire," Jack demanded as he pushed a different button on his wrist band while keeping his other hand on the joystick.

Jack watched as the tiny black dot came closer and closer to the World Trade Center. "FIRE!" He yelled as he pushed the small button on his joystick, he watched as many other missiles shot the spaceship. The spaceship blew up before it hit the Trade Tower, he noticed down below many people were cheering in relief.

"Well done everyone, well done," Jack smiled.

"Thank you Jack," He heard Sona say back.

"Okay everyone here comes the other one. FIRE!" Jack yelled again.

Once again the other spaceships blew up before hitting any of the buildings. But as Jack sat there cheering and smiling, his color began to fade. He realized and looked down at his hands, they were trembling. Jack did not know what was happening to him.

"Jack it's happening, we're no longer existing!" Jack faintly heard as he noticed his body became transparent, you could see right through him. Then he disappeared.

* * *


"Hello, I'm Sergeant James Harper. What's your name?" A broad-shouldered man asked.

"I'm Jack Harkness sir."

"And why do you want to enlist in the army Jack?"

"I don't know. I just feel like this is what I'm supposed to do," Jack explained looking out the window; September 11th was just another regular day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading this short story, I hope you enjoyed it.
-madtwatter

If you need something else to read since you've finished this story you can check out my other stories:

1. Full Moon Blood Lust (Twilight fan fiction)
Joanna is your typical sixteen year old within her freshman year at Forks, Washington high school. She grew up around her father's coworker and best friend Billy Black while she became close to his son Jacob and niece Dena. This story begins on Joanna's first day at Forks High School and follows her journey throughout school. Soon after she meets the Cullen family and ends up befriending one of the Cullen boys.

2. Here I am, Once Again I'm Torn into Pieces (Robert Pattinson fan fiction)
A 20 year old women lives with her boyfriend in downtown Los Angeles, California. She graduated a 2 year community college and is now looking for a job, with little success. Read to find out what happens next.

3. I Finally Found the Guy of My Dreams
Kathryn Brown attends Princeton University in New Jersey as a business major. She is the one that keeps her friends well-rounded and always together. However, her emotions and the lies she tells sometimes gets her into trouble. This time she decides to confront her best guy friend Andy about her feelings towards him.

4. I Love You (Ich Liebe Dich) [Tom Kaulitz fan fiction]
Sammie Neumann and Tom Kaulitz grew up together in Hamburg, Germany before Tokio Hotel became a band. Sammie was the next-door neighbor of the Kaulitz household in Germany, she became close to Tom because of her infatuation with him. Once Tokio Hotel became internationally known they began touring to other countries outside of Europe. Sammie began to fear that Tom's ever changing schedule, popularity and celebrity status would ruin all chances with him. She's unsure if Tom has the same feelings for her as she does for him. Read to find out what happens to Sammie and Tom.

5. I Will Get Lost Into Your Eyes (e4 Misfits and Skins influenced fan fiction)
Florence Bursnell is a 17 year old girl who is in her last year of Roundview College (key stage 5, 6th form). She has many allergies, causing her to not have a normal social life. Read to find out what happens next.

6. I'm Just a Good Girl Gone Bad and You're a Hot Mess and I'm Fallin' For You (Twilight multiPOV fan fiction)
Brianna, who is 16, lives in a small apartment in the local downtown area of Bronx, New York. She lives with her 20 year old brother Tony, mother Sarah, and father Makya. Her mother has been a prostitute for many years, earning money as she goes. While Makya deals drugs and is in an active gang. Read to find out what happens next.

7. The Doctor and the Misfit (Doctor Who and e4 Misfits fan fiction)
Jessica is a 22 year old woman who lives in London working as a waitress in a diner, barely making ends meet. One day when she was heading into work Jessica got caught in an awful lightening storm. She was unlucky and was struck by lightning, though luckily she walked away from the scene. Read to find out what happens next.

8. With You is Where I Want to Be (Teen Wolf multiPOV fan fiction)
A young girl in high school moves around a lot, her father's job requires her family to move state to state to different facilities. This story starts off in her second semester of sophomore year in Beacon Hills, California, right after Christmas break. As you read this story you will follow her new journey in making new friends, the drama that comes with moving, and maybe even more. Read to find out what happens next.

9. Why Can't We Make This Darkness Feel Like Home? (Bill Kaulitz fan fiction)
A girl from Lindcove, California just graduated college and decided to celebrate by attending her first Tokio Hotel concert. Jessica drags along her long time best friend Ashley, whom is not a fan of Tokio Hotel. Read to find out what happens next.