Status: Writing As I Go Please Be Patient

Forever Enemies

Flattery Will Get You Nowhere

Delilah’s POV

“Killian you son of a bitch let me go, Killian do you hear me let me go!” I continued to yell hoping someone would hear me, but again it was useless. I figured I would be better off saving my voice for later when Killian was trying to sleep, I wasn’t afraid to be a bitch when it came to making his life a living hell. I yawned as I sat there looking around the room, Killian hadn’t changed anything, granted he had only had his ship back for a little while.
“Oh, I see you have finally decided to shut up” Killian walked into the room breaking my concentration. I looked up at him and just glared at as he sauntered up to me with a smug look on his face. I so badly wanted to stand up and smack that look off his face, but I was still tied to the chair so I was stuck staring at his face.
“What do you want with me Hook, you have your ship back now let me and my crew go” I suggested in defeat, but Hook only smirked at me, every facial expression he made only pissed me off more.
“Now why on earth would I want to do that, watching you squirm is so much more fun” He sneered. I couldn’t believe I was foolish enough to turn my back on him and think he wouldn’t try something, so much for my title of most ruthless pirate. When I didn’t respond to his comment Hook turned his back on me and started to walk away.
“Hook” I said when he got to the door.
“Yes” He pivoted on his one foot to face me and cocked his eyebrow intrigued.
“Thanks” I choked out; as much as I disliked and possibly hated Captain Hook he did spare me some major humiliation back at the pub so I owed him that much. I wasn’t sure what was worse letting him embarrass me or giving him the satisfaction of me having to thank him, both were quite revolting in my mind.
“My pleasure, you know we may be enemies, but we need to stay on even playing fields reputation wise, and it’s Killian” He corrected before walking over to sit down on the bed. I rolled my eyes at his request, he had never cared about me calling him Killian before, why did he care now.
“Well, if you’re hoping for a true heart to heart you are sadly mistaken Killian” I emphasized his name with a sour look on my face, “As your captive my lips are permanently sealed, you won’t get anything from me” I shut my mouth immediately and turned away from him trying to give him the cue to leave me alone.
“Well that’s perfect because I wanted to talk and have you listen. You see I heard a little story and I thought you might like it” He smirked before lying back on the bed with his hands behind his head. I sighed deeply and tried to make myself comfortable as I waited for him to begin his long-winded story.
“Once upon a time there was a little girl who lived in a lavish village in a modest home. Her mother and father worshipped the very ground that she walked on and was proud of her every accomplishment. One day the little girl came home from playing at the local beach and found her mother and father having a serious talk with the ruler of their little town. The little girl ran to her secret hiding place and listened to the conversation, they were discussing an arrangement for the little girl to be shipped far away from her family to become a true lady versed in proper etiquette. The next day her parents broke the news to her and put her on a ship to a far away land. 20 years later the little girl was all grown up and she returned to her parents with a man and baby in tow. They were a typical family and all but one were happy, all but the grown up little girl, she hated her life and who she had become. She became determined to change her life around” Killian finally paused and I kept my eyes and lips sealed before he continued again, “The girl told her mother about her feelings and her mother told her to bury them deep down inside of her and keep up her act of the loving mother and wife. This was not what the girl wanted to hear, so she went for a walk along the beaches that she had played on as a child. When the girl returned to her home her husband was waiting in her room ready to confront her about her doubts. They fought for hours arguing and her husband, after gaining the upper hand, beat her until she could no longer fight back. Her mother had betrayed her by telling her secrets to her husband, and the man that she thought loved her was nothing more than a lie. Her father died shortly there after many say because of the shame of his daughter destroying her family and the acts that she committed. Her mother shunned her and never spoke to her again while her husband took their son and never looked back leaving the girl without a home and a family. Once a shy innocent little girl, she was now a heartbroken and vengeful woman that would stop at nothing to prove to everyone that she was not the disappointment that everyone thought she was. After time away on her own she found herself working in a pub and often times begging for scraps. One day a crew came into the pub and the captain came up to the bar to order some drinks for his ship mates and the girl was swept away by his appearance. The pirate was nothing like she expected him to be and she was inspired by all the stories he told about life on the high seas. She convinced the captain to let her be the cook on his ship so that she could be closer to the sea. They say after the first day on the ship she fell in love with the sea and never left, others say she was lost to the sea, only a few know the real truth of the matter.” Killian finally finished the story and got up off of the bed. Before he walked out of the room he turned to look at me from the door frame, “You loved at one point, you were happy at one time in your life, you have a loving heart, don’t let the sea and your blind rage take any of that away from you” And with that he left. I sat in the chair stunned as a tear escaped my eye. I was disturbed by Killian telling me my life story, there was only one person in the world that I told my story to and obviously he had passed it on to Killian. No one knew my true origins and now the one person I didn’t want to know my past knew everything and couldn’t wait to let me know it.

Several hours later I woke up and rolled over onto my back to try and get some more sleep. I immediately shot up into a sitting position because the last thing I remembered was being tied to a chair and now I was waking up in a bed. I glanced around the room I was in which was still the captains quarters and saw nothing out of place. I laid back down on the bed and let out a sigh of relief, it must have all been a dream, I said to myself.
“What exactly was a dream?” I heard a man’s voice coming from the darkness, I immediately jumped out of bed and looked around the room once again trying to find the source of the voice.
“Relax Delilah, it’s only me” Killian got out of the chair he was sitting in and walked out of the darkness. He was still dressed in his leather pants and vest, but he had taken off his leather jacket and boots to provide some more comfort
“Why am I untied and what are you doing watching me sleep?” I questioned walking over to my liquor collection and pouring myself a drink. I had made myself at home on the Jolly Roger when it was in my possession and just because Killian was here didn’t mean I couldn’t still pretend I was at home.
“I thought I would be civil and allow you to at least sleep restfully, and I wasn’t watching you sleep I was sleeping as well” Killian came up behind me and poured himself a drink as well. I eyed Killian skeptically and wasn’t quite sure what he was up to, this all seemed to be too good to be true.
“You owe me for that drink” I smirked taking a drink out of my own glass.
“Seeing as this is originally my ship I think you owe me for all the drinks you’ve ever had on this ship” Killian raised an eyebrow while taking a sip of his drink.
“Never going to happen Hook” I laughed and walked over to my dresser to gather some clothes, “Now if you don’t mind I would like to change my clothes” I glanced towards the door to try and get Killian to leave.
“Of course, that’s the least I can do” Killian bowed like a gentleman and left the room locking the door behind him just in case. I smirked at the gesture because Killian was the furthest thing from a gentleman. As soon as Killian’s boot thuds were far enough away I quickly undressed and put on clean clothes. My next plan was to look for a way out of the room and somehow take back my ship. I looked around and my gaze stopped on the window just to the side of the bed, it was worth a shot. My plan was soon foiled when the door opened and Killian cleared his throat.
“I do hope you aren’t doing what I think you’re doing” Killian crossed his arms and tapped his foot. I turned around slowly to face him with a sly smile playing on my lips.
“I was only trying to get some fresh air” I stepped down off of the stool I was using and sat down on the bed, “Will you stop looking at me like I’m a puppy that misbehaved” I frowned feeling uncomfortable in every situation that involved Killian.
“You have misbehaved Love” Killian glanced my way after uncrossing his arms and took a few steps in my direction.
“That’s not going to work on me Hook” I smirked, “I’m not a common lady of the night that you can put under your spell I have standards that are much higher than you” I laughed.
“Well you almost fell for it the first time we met” He smiled showing his white teeth taking another step forward. I took one step backwards trying to keep some distance between Killian and I because I still didn’t trust him.
“That was a long time ago and I was naïve enough to believe that you were a nice respectable young pirate,” I said with sarcastic emphasis on the nice respectable part.
“Oh, now you are just trying to flatter me” Killian put a hand over his heart and acted like he was flattered.
“Flattery gets you nowhere with Captain Hook” I laughed pushing him away as I walked towards the bed.
“Depends on the lass that’s doing the flattering” Killian tilted his head and arched his eyebrow.
“You are such a snake” I rolled my eyes at him as he took my insult as a compliment. I shook my head at the existence of Killian Jones and sat down on the bed with a yawn. All my plotting and bantering with Killian had made me sleepy and I figured I could give in and call a silent truce for one night so I could rest.
“Thanks for letting me use the bed” I painfully thanked Killian as I made myself comfortable in the bed that was previously mine.
“Your welcome, now if I leave you to sleep will you promise not to try anything stupid” Killian stood at the door where I couldn’t quite see his face, but I could tell he was glaring at me by just the tone of his voice.
“No promises” I laughed and he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. I made myself comfortable on the bed and within a few minutes sleep overcame me.

The Next Morning

The next morning I was woken up by Killian dropping a bottle of rum on the floor.
“What on earth?” I shot out of bed and tried to reach for a weapon, but when I noticed it was Killian I just rolled my eyes at his stupidity, “Thanks for the wake up call Jones, but I didn’t order one” I smirked as he turned and glared at me.
“Top deck in twenty” He grabbed another bottle of rum off of the shelf and stormed out of the cabin and up the stairs. I was slightly confused by his prickly attitude, last night he was actually being civil, but today he was in a sour mood. I shrugged to myself and figured it was just a side of Killian that I thankfully didn’t get to see, unfortunately I only saw the cocky and arrogant Killian that made my life a living hell. After I changed my clothes and made it topside I found Killian.
“So why did you want me up here?” I asked taking a look at the rising sun it was only about a third of the way up and it reflected off the ocean perfectly. The wind was blowing lightly making my curly brown hair bounce in the wind.
“So I can keep an eye on you, stay up here, but out of my crews way” He demanded and I side glanced at him before making my way to the rail of the ship. Killian angered me so much, he acted like I didn’t know my way around a ship after all it was me who kept the Jolly Roger afloat while it was in my possession. I decided I would try and distract myself and I made my way to the rail of the ship. My favorite thing to do was to lose myself in the waves of the sea and after being trapped with Killian on this ship I welcomed the sweet release. As I watched the waves I was taken back to the first pirate ship I was on and some of the memories I had and cherished.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is Chapter Two, so far only one reader but I thank that one reader very much, hope you are enjoying it.
Updates will be frequent I'm hoping.
Comments Appreciated, and check out my other stories.
Revised Chapter: 12/26/14