Status: We are what we are; don't need no excuses for the scars from our mothers, and we know what we know 'cause we're made of all the little bones of our fathers.

The Last Wolf

CHapter Eighteen

I turned away from White River and Macon. They didn’t need to see the disappointment that radiated through me. A hand patted my shoulder gently before footsteps evaded the room and the sadness. The bed sank under the weight of whoever sat next to me as I pulled my knees closer to my chest. Warmth spread across my back with each gentle rub.

“You don’t have to stay here,” I whispered, trying to keep the tears from my voice. No one bothered to stay.

“I don’t want you to be alone,” his mature voice whispered the reply. The first tear fell as I shook my head.

“I’m never alone. They’re always watching,” I said while trying to wipe my face inconspicuously, “haven’t you heard?”

“They can kiss our werewolf ass!” Macon squeezed my arm. “You’re not alone anymore, Luna.” A soft sob shook my shoulders as I entwined my fingers with his.

“Thank you,” I whispered. “Pretty Boy.”

He chuckled and lay next to me. His breath tickled the back of my neck while he wrapped his arms around me. “You’re welcome,” he sighed into my hair. I wiped away a few straggling tears.

“Is it possible to go outside without pitiful glances?” He shook his head against my back. “I should still get out of this bed.” Macon repeated his previous action. I smiled.

“Why do you want to get up when I get comfortable?” he questioned with another sigh.

“You haven’t been laying here for two days.” I shrugged. “Let’s for a walk or a run—anything to get me out of this room.”

He peeled his fingers from mine and sat up while I pushed myself off the bed. “I’m still willing to be here, but when we-“

“Macon!” I clapped my hand over his shoulder. “Please, don’t cause my claustrophobia to get worse.”

“I know where we can go.” He grinned playfully as he stood and helped me steady myself on my feet.

“Where?” I asked returning his grin and walking shakily toward the door. I shaded my eyes as he swung it open revealing the bright afternoon sun.

“Somewhere warm and peaceful.” He grabbed my hand. “Some place where we can forget what we are and just enjoy it.”

“You’re nicer that I thought you’d be.”

“Raider might disagree with you.” Macon waved to a huge brown bear.

“Who cares?” I shrugged. “Now, lead the way to happiness.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Please don't come at me with a mob over the fact that Colt/Shadow disappeared last chapter and didn't return yet!

Image


I'm doing two werewolf stories now guys. :)

If you guys are interested in the other wolf story... It's a co-write between me and my best friend in real life, but she doesn't have a mibba page. Once she sees how awesome you guys are as readers she'll be dying to get in on the action! The new (actually old) story is called Star Keeper. It used to be called The Keeper of the Stars but it's about this pitiful/bad boy wolf named Braith who finds the legendary shooting star that is supposed to bring him good fortune and wealth.. But it doesn't exactly always work out how it's supposed to. I slipped a link in there incase your interested ;)