Savior

Raising a child is hard.

Raising a disabled child without a partner is even harder.

Parents abandoned me years back when my husband was just my boyfriend. Disliking him because he was not what they wanted for their daughter. They wanted one of the rich boys from the country club they had joined. They wanted the family name still... In tact? I believe that was the word they used.

Them disowning us was no sweat off our backs, we actually preferred it this way. Of course, I was not pregnant at the time. But my husband, you see, he was a soldier.

Weird that my parents did not approve of him, right? I know.

Anyway, Sean dropped out of High School and joined the Army. A plan he had in mind for years to come. We married young and had a beautiful son together. We named our son, Gabriel. And let me tell you, he is his father.

Now I know what you're thinking, you mentioned raising a disabled child is harder without a partner? I'm getting to that now, thank you.

Just last year, it was five days until Christmas and Gabriel was only seven years old at the time, I had received a phone call no mother and/or wife should ever get.

My husband and son were in a major car accident against a tractor trailer that lost control over the iced roads.

Sean unfortunately did not survive, Gabriel thankfully did. In the accident, Gabriel only suffered from losing any control of his body from the waist down. Now he lives in a wheelchair for the rest of his life.

Things were rough on Gabriel and I for a long time. That is...

Until I sent a video for my son's birthday. Thus unleashing an adventure neither of us had expected.