Angelina Jolie - a Mighty Heart?

Angelina Jolie - a Mighty Heart? Born Angelina Jolie Voight on June 4th 1975 to actors Jon Voight and Marcheline Bertrand, she was a member of a family of actors.

After her parents' separation in 1976, Jolie and her brother( they have been briefly accused of having an incestuous relationship in the late 90's) were raised by their mother, who abandoned her acting ambitions and moved with them to Palisades, New York. As a child Jolie regularly saw movies with her mother and later explained that this had inspired her interest in acting, not her father's occupation.

As a child and a teenager, she was quite the outcast, and she has declared that she is "still at heart—and always will be—just a punk kid with tattoos". Angie admits to have been a cutter in her teenage years and she still keeps a collection of knives.

Her acting activity consists of over 30 films. Jolie has been awarded several Golden Globe Awards, Screen Actors Guild Awards and an Academy Award (Oscar), which she got for Best Supporting Actress in 2000 film "Girl, Interrupted". She had played the role of Lisa, a patient from a mental illness hospital, alongside Winona Ryder and Brittany Murphy in the film.

Perhaps one of the biggest parts of her life is humanitarian work. She has been named a Goodwill Ambassador for UNHCR in August 2001 and has since traveled around the world to help refugees and victims of war and hunger. Accused of trying to raise popularity by these actions she has declared that she has used her existing popularity to draw attention upon the issues that are out there. Also, she has stated that as much as she would love to never have to visit Washington, "that's the way to move the ball".

In what concerns her private life, Jolie cannot deny that she had quite the ball before she became a mother. She has been married two times, first at the young age of 21 with British actor Jonny Lee Miller(starred alongside with in 1995 'Hackers') and at 25 with actor Billy Bob Thornton. She separated from Thornton in 2003 and officially has not married since.

In 2005 she found herself in the middle of one of Hollywood's biggest scandals in years, as she was accused of being the cause of Brad Pitt's divorce from Jennifer Aniston. Jolie and Pitt met on the set of "Mr. and Mrs. Smith" in 2004, as Pitt and Aniston separated later that year and subsequently divorced early 2005. She has declared that she was not involved with Pitt in another way than professionally before his separation from his wife that she would not be able to look herself in the mirror if she knew that she had been the cause of a wrecked marriage, as her father had cheated on her mother. The affair was eventually silenced and replaced by rumors of her pregnancy. She confirmed it early 2006 and gave birth to a baby girl named Shiloh Nouvel on 27th of May 2006, in Namibia. Obviously, the mother and the baby were to be maniacally hunted by the paparazzi, so the parents sold the rights of the first picture with a total profit of over $10 million, all donated by Jolie and Pitt to an undisclosed charity.

The couple has 4 children, 3 adopted and 1 biological. Maddox Chivan, 6, is from Cambodia, Zahara Marley, 3, is from Ethiopia and Pax Thien, 4, is from Vietnam. Shiloh Nouvel is 1 year old.

Reportedly, Jolie is pregnant again, and rumor has it she is expecting twins.

A thing that has intrigued people for a while now, is the multitude of tattoos the beautiful actress bears. Her 13 known tattoos include a large tiger on her lower back, a dragon on her arm, an inscription saying 'Know your rights' on her upper back, the geographical coordinates of the birthplaces of her children and others.

Another matter that concerns the media and the public alike, is Angelina's sexuality. She has openly declared that she is bisexual, and if she were to fall in love with a woman she wouldn't hesitate to pursue a relationship.

Angelina Jolie has been repeatedly declared World's Prettiest Woman, World's Sexiest Woman, and, the title that can never be taken away from her, Woman with Prettiest Lips. She is known for full lips that are considered a standard for beauty in plastic surgeries, feline eyes, and simply a sex-appeal that breaths through all her pores.
A punk kid with tattoos - she just happened to grow into Angelina Jolie.

Latest articles