Are People Too Close-Minded About Music? - Comments

  • Sparky Wind

    Sparky Wind (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I despise people who make me feel crappy for liking MCR. I've cried and even beaten someone with a hockey stick because they made fun of my favorite band. Some people (like me) are super defensive about their music.

    I used to make fun of Miley Cyrus, but I stopped because it's a waste of time. I don't tell anyone anymore that their favorite musician sucks, even if I really feel that way. I know I don't want anyone saying that to me, so I won't say it to them to begin with.
    November 19th, 2008 at 12:43am
  • xo.t.

    xo.t. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with this a lot because sure ppl have different opinions on things because we are all different and no one thinks exactly alike but why do we always have to put down other ppl's opinions just because we dont agree?
    November 8th, 2008 at 12:47am
  • you're a star

    you're a star (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    I like both. Honestly. And I can't stand it when people bash different singers just because they don't like them.
    October 5th, 2008 at 11:55pm
  • Allison Hargreeves

    Allison Hargreeves (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I totally agree with this article. I have a odd musical taste and every time I have tried to listen to music that might not be in the same tastes of the people around me, the music I listen to is bashed for it.

    I'm don't particularly like Miley Cyrus, but going out of my way to bash her art isn't the right thing to do. I have one recommended sentance for all those bashers,

    If you don't like it, don't listen to it.

    Simple as.
    October 4th, 2008 at 12:34am
  • Oh Desdemona!

    Oh Desdemona! (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    Kudos man!
    Good article. For every single rock band, rapper, pop star etc.., there is somebody who likes their music. Don't bash, homies.
    September 13th, 2008 at 12:38am
  • Right 'Round

    Right 'Round (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    You just totally changed my opinion about bashing bands that I hate, I mainly did it because my friends liked them and it was annoying to see their faces plastered everywhere. I just took a guilt trip, thanks to you...

    But that's okay :D! I'll get over it!
    September 12th, 2008 at 03:12am
  • Alice.In.Your.Land

    Alice.In.Your.Land (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Her* lol
    August 20th, 2008 at 12:54am
  • Alice.In.Your.Land

    Alice.In.Your.Land (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I'm a MCR fan, not so much a Miley fan. I don't really get how some parents and kids try to blame them for deaths when I know they have saved lives. So? It's different then what some people listen to. At least they don't sing about having sex with women. As for Miley he fan base is mostly girls between the ages of 7 - 15, I can see why people bash on her, after everything that shes done(exposed photos) I still can't see why she would say shes trying to be a role model, I mean, I hope my neices don't think thats ok and do it because shes their role model.
    August 20th, 2008 at 12:53am
  • pansypants

    pansypants (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    funny, i love miley and my chem. always have and always will.
    i try to keep my mind open about music as much as possible, and i try to like everything.

    honestly, there's a select group of 3 or 4, of all the bands i've heard, i could never like.
    although i never go out of my way to insult them and what not, i guess the problem goes back to the type of people.

    i mean, the type of people that insult bands and their fans.
    these people only do so the fan feel lesser.
    for example, a friend of mine doesnt like My chem, and he/she'll tell me that they're gay and that they're emo. and that "x" band is so much better.
    just so he/she can feel, in a way, better than me.

    it's all just one big attitude problem.
    August 19th, 2008 at 04:47am
  • Modern Myth

    Modern Myth (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Well, I used to like Hannah Montana/Miley Cyrus when she First came out. Not now. Kind of sounds like she's just pumping song after song as fast as she can, or, her management can.
    But, I am a diehard My Chemical Romance fan, and, even a few of my friends from school asked me why I listen to such a 'emo' band. It's just, human ignorance, you know?
    August 14th, 2008 at 01:51pm
  • MissMikey

    MissMikey (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I completely agree with what you're saying. I love My Chemical Romance, and have some of their merch. I can't walk down my street without being called 'an emo cutter' As for Miley Cyrus, personally I don't like her music, but I don't insult her or her fans. I think this is a fantastically written article!
    August 11th, 2008 at 11:00am
  • panicstriken

    panicstriken (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree. People all over the internet hate ME, because I listen to My Chem. I mean, I don't like country music, but that doesn't mean I have to tell my friend that she is stupid for listening to it! Ugh, just thanks so much.
    August 10th, 2008 at 08:39pm
  • My.Brutal.Romance

    My.Brutal.Romance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    I think it's because we fear anything different to how we were raised. Or it could be that we see something that subconsciously triggers something in our minds like a bad memory or something like that that make us hate the music or the artist.
    August 4th, 2008 at 07:44pm
  • jdsgurly

    jdsgurly (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    That is so true. I, for one, will admit that I have said stuff about Miley, but I have actually listened to her and I have attempted to like her and can't bring myself to it. But some of my friends love Hannah/Miley, and I like MCR but we don't critisize each other's taste in music. No one should face that kind of B.S because people are a-holes.
    July 30th, 2008 at 11:30pm
  • graveyard_ghost

    graveyard_ghost (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I completely and totally agree with everything that you stated in this article. Everyone should read this. Maybe learn a little something?
    July 28th, 2008 at 12:58am
  • ResistThePressure

    ResistThePressure (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This is a really good article, and completely true! I don't like some of the bands my best friend listens to. I don't feel the need to bash them, even though I know they won't get angry. This is a great article.
    July 27th, 2008 at 10:00pm
  • GiveMeTherapy

    GiveMeTherapy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i agree completely with you! i mean one of my favorite people on here's favorite bands are the Jonas brothers and my chem. now they are two completely different types of bands, so its really cool that she can find things that she likes about both of em.
    July 27th, 2008 at 07:20am
  • kariajaderose

    kariajaderose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    i so can relate to the last coment but if i may by chance ever sing along to mcr god i love them my friends make coments about that im so emo and need to lision to myley more.sorry not into her music.god searisly i jest get so mad at them over it
    July 18th, 2008 at 02:42am
  • Cliche

    Cliche (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree and I do have friends who like Miley when (sorry) I don't. We all get along about it except when my friends shove her in my face by only playing her work and singing along way too loudly. Isn't over-support just as bad?
    July 10th, 2008 at 05:10am
  • dressagequeen

    dressagequeen (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    You make a good point. Very well written.
    July 9th, 2008 at 03:40am