“Farrah’s Story” Draws In 9 Million Viewers

“Farrah’s Story” Draws In 9 Million Viewers “Farrah’s Story” is Farrah Fawcett’s documentary of her battle with cancer in wrenching detail which drew in 8.9 million viewers when it debuted Friday on NBC. “Farrah’s Story” follows Farrah in through her chemotherapy and other grueling treatments for her cancer. Farrah was diagnosed with anal cancer in 2006. The cancer has now spread to her liver. “Farrah’s Story” was NBC’s most watched program in its Friday night place in more than a year according to the preliminary ratings released Saturday. The documentary was edged out by CBS’ airing of the season finale of the show “Numb3rs” which drew in 9.6 million viewers.

This documentary of Farrah’s battle against cancer was meant to be a private showing to her family and friends but when Farrah realized her story could inspire others, she gave the okay to show it to a much larger audience. The actress keeps good humor during the film as she faces the pain, setbacks, as the treatment she goes through grows harsher, and the loss of her trademark lush blonde locks.

"I do not want to die of this disease. So I say to God, ‘It is seriously time for a miracle’”, Farrah says. Her longtime friend, Ryan O’Neal, said in an interview that Farrah is in a “very rocky place”. O’Neal is shown in the documentary as a steady presence as Farrah goes through highs and lows even though the two ended their romantic relationship in the late 1990s.

“Farrah’s Story” is an inspirational documentary of a woman battling a deadly disease in hopes of getting better.

Latest articles