Studded Belts

Studded Belts Belts have ben existance ever since the Bronze Age, but usually they were only use for the sole purpose of holding up one's pants or skirt. Nowadays, they are still used for that but many wear them strictly as a fashion accessory.

Belt types have ranged from the super thin to excessively wide and can come in many different material types, such as leather, cloth and other fabrics. Not to mention the different styles of the belt. There are woven belts, plain belts, graphic belts, et cetera.

Now a rising trend in belts amongst the emo, punk, and skater crowds, are studded belts. Studded belts are basically plain colored belts with pyramid shape peices of metal embedded into them in usually rows. The classic studded belt is a black belt strip with silver pyramid 'studs' in three rows.

Like in every other recent fashion trend, they now make them in many different colors. There are the regular black belts, but with colored studs, and possibly a complete set of rainbow studs. And also, you can change up the actual belt strip to different colors. A another popular combination are white strips with black studs. Also, the studs can be re-arranged into different desings and rows, also they can be different sizes.

Who would have thought to put metal chunks on the outside of a belt? Well, it really started during times of war. War generals would wear tight, tight belts around their stomachs to make their shoulders look bigger and more intimidating. Also, some generals wore the basic versions of the studded belt to look even more intimidating.

Studded belts have come a long way from being worn around the stomachs of war generals, to being popularly worn snugly around the hips or waist of young adult boys and girls as a fashion trend.

Latest articles