Trace Cyrus, Not Respected For Voicing His Thoughts? - Comments

  • Oli.SykesX

    Oli.SykesX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I completely agaree with Trace. They don't live there lives. Disney takes away the fact that there teenagers, its like the ignore things like hormones and depression. Disney sugarcoates everything. Not all nerds are gonna get to date a jock. Not all nerds look like freaking taylor swift or selena gomez. Its all fake.
    August 18th, 2009 at 11:42am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I don't understand how people can go on and on about originality and individuality in music like it actually exists anymore. There's no such thing. Everything's already been done a trillion times before.

    Jonas Brothers make pop music, plain and simple. They're marketed towards a younger audience, so of course their image is going to be something appropriate for their target audience (which isn't such a bad thing -- whether it's fake or not, I'd rather younger kids look up to a group that is made up of seemingly [i]good[/i] young men, then look up to a coked-up overly-tattooed moron, but that's just me). Disney isn't the first and only company to put the "innocent" image out there and they won't be the last. The Jonas Brothers are simply doing their job.

    I can't believe I'm actually defending the Jonas Brothers, but I'd rather listen to them on repeat 24 hours a day than listen to ANYTHING Metro Station puts out.

    Besides, we all know why Trace Cyrus said something like this... If he didn't name drop people that were billions of times more known/popular than him, everyone would forget who he was.
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:48am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]Wednesday Way![/b]
    Maybe I shouldn't have said [i]every[/i] band does, but a lot of them do.
    I'm also not saying they do it with every song either.
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:37am
  • Snaps_

    Snaps_ (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    well i just think he's hot
    haha
    :)
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:28am
  • Cotee

    Cotee (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    Let's just say this,
    Jonas Brothers make their music, and have their image.
    Trace Cyrus makes his music, and has his image.
    Who cares?
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:25am
  • Wednesday Way!

    Wednesday Way! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I'm glad Trace voiced his thoughts on this as much as I don't like him or enjoy his music. I believe him that stars such as the JoBros and Miley need to put up a fake image. Every star does it pretty much. You can never be yourself when you're in the spotlight.

    I disagree with [b]Insanity's Artist[/b] about the whole every band makes music they know people are going to like thing. That would take out the essence of the band itself, I believe. Also it wouldn't give the artist motivation to preform those songs since they don't hold any personal meaning. (I hope that made sense.) People become famous for doing what they like and finding others that enjoy what they are creating.

    Personally, I think artists such as JB and Miley aren't exactly the best of role models. I'd rather be taught to be individual than to just become another trend. Yet, that is just my opinion. I also think that they have an easier ride than any other artist because Disney molds them into something they can make huge revenue on. Also a lot of Disney stars end up doing something scandalous. I mean look at Miley's recent ahem pole dance on an ice cream cart.

    I'm just glad Trace spoke up because when I look at it he seems pretty right.
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:22am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]scenerio.[/b]
    People do songs that aren't theirs all the time. They get big on them all the time. There's nothing wrong with re-doing a song and making it their own. Many famous bands that most the people love do it all the time and the song is a huge hit. Ever see "As Made Famous by -insert band name-"? Yeah. That's because they didn't write it, but they made it famous.

    The fact is, they also know they have to make stuff that sells or that music they write will hardly reach any ears. You think they always do it just for themselves? No, they don't. I don't think there is a such thing as "selling out," especially when your making things FOR your fans. There's nothing wrong with that.

    Okay, and you think those CD's or songs on your iPod weren't fixed up in a studio? Yeah, right. Anything that's recorded in a studio, is fixed and/or mixed in a studio. Because it has to be perfect, and no one sings perfectly.
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:22am
  • on top of the world.

    on top of the world. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    @Insanity's Artist

    Seriously, the song the Jonas Brothers got big on, Year 3000? Yeah, that wasn't even originally their song. They just had it Disney-fied . That just doesn't scream individuality.

    And for that matter, musicians are going to make songs they're proud of and enjoy, not because they know people are going to enjoy it. That's pretty much selling out. For the most part, their music is remixed in a studio, and that just makes them a lot less respectable.
    August 18th, 2009 at 09:01am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]wannabefamous[/b]
    You do realize that almost every vocal musician has had voice lessons, right? I mean, seriously. -rolls eyes-

    Again, who are you to say they didn't work hard? Because they had "help," they aren't fit to be a band? Yeah, those other guys are great for doing it all on their own, but it doesn't make them any "more" of a band than the Jonas Brothers.

    A lost of bands focus on the main people of said band. Have you ever thought that it was the RECORD LABEL that wanted to focus in on the "Jonas Brothers" image? No, probably not. Daughtry is not just made up of Chris Daughtry and no one else, but do you see anyone yelling at him for having his last name as the title?

    By the way, EVERY BAND AND SINGER MAKES MUSIC THEY KNOW PEOPLE ARE GOING TO LIKE. Excuse the outburst, but it's just common sense, honestly. If they didn't, most of them wouldn't even be famous, because it's the FANS that make them famous.

    No band is around forever. Duh.

    [i]You[/i] think they have no individuality, but seriously, when did YOU become the one to decide who does and doesn't?
    August 18th, 2009 at 07:35am
  • Poprocks and Coke.

    Poprocks and Coke. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Why would Trace talk bad about his own sister?
    August 18th, 2009 at 07:21am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    @ wannabefamous

    So you're saying that people who take voice lessons have no talent?

    Besides, if it wasn't for Miley Cyrus, I doubt anyone would know or care about Trace Cyrus and his "music".
    August 18th, 2009 at 07:20am
  • Jinxeh

    Jinxeh (805)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    Anything Trace says: idiocy. Even if it's true. Just because it's him. I never minded him much, until the septum jewelry incident. What an immature boy. I just can't respect someone who does things like that.
    August 18th, 2009 at 06:03am
  • wannabefamous

    wannabefamous (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    EVERYONE: I'm gonna put it down the way that it TRULY is... The JB are FAKE. I'm sorry to you fans, but it's the truth. They didn't do any hard work, and they don't have talent. (And they're stuck up) Take a banf like Avenged Sevenfold or The Used or even Aiden. Those band have been through a lot. And did it ALL by themselves. They didn't have any help except for they're friends. For some, not even their FAMILY. With JB, they're parents TURNED them into little gay popstars. They gave them VOICE LESSONS. proof that they have NO talent. They were TRAINED!!!! ANd they're stuck up: How amny people are in the band???? More than three. Are they ALL Jonases? NO!!!! They were too selfish and had to make it ALLL about them!!!

    They're music is the same as everyone else's that's from Disney. There is NO individuality in the people. I think they're musically confused.. All they want to do is make music they know children will like. They're not gonna be around forever... And you know it.

    (I know all of this from my friend, a JB fan. That was the only thing I heard of from her for two years and still going strong)
    August 18th, 2009 at 05:28am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [b]the used.[/b]

    I wasn't saying that they're opinion is stupid. I said the way they're acting is stupid. They're perfectly entitled to think that the Jonas Brother's are fake, just as I am entitled to argue with them.
    Celebrities can never win. They're either too good, or too bad. I think we should be glad that a [i]child's[/i] role model is too good.
    August 18th, 2009 at 05:13am
  • on top of the world.

    on top of the world. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I honestly have a lot more respect for Trace for voicing the thought so many people have had and have been afraid to say or just totally ignored for saying it.
    August 18th, 2009 at 04:48am
  • VengeanceIsMine

    VengeanceIsMine (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Trace has the right to speak his mind. And besides i do think the jonas brothers are fakes i mean come on no one is that innocent when they are almost grown adults!
    They are just good at faking stuff
    August 18th, 2009 at 04:33am
  • Drink Me.

    Drink Me. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Yemen
    In all honesty, I think he's jealous; more people know about the Jonas Brothers than Metro Station.
    August 18th, 2009 at 04:19am
  • pacific.

    pacific. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    This reminds me of a South Park episode with the Jonas Brothers. Haha. That was hilarious...
    August 18th, 2009 at 03:17am
  • SassyIs!Back

    SassyIs!Back (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Hehe, he can't say that Miley Cyrus lives as an 'innocent'. She lost that title when those pictures came out....but,, Miley is only human and I think Disney is putting to much pressure on them. That's why she slipped. She's been on there too long.
    August 18th, 2009 at 03:05am
  • Eugene

    Eugene (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Trace, every celebrity has a fake image that they put on just for the public. In real life they can be someone totally different. I have a feeling that Disney is making them put on this squeeky clean image, just so it doesn't ruin their reputation.
    August 18th, 2009 at 02:10am