Edward Cullen: The Epitome of Prince Charming? - Comments

  • paralleldimension

    paralleldimension (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree with you. Edward is a pedo stalker who controls Bella. He's an abuser.
    October 14th, 2009 at 10:33pm
  • Blackontonight

    Blackontonight (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    i 100 percent agree with you, as i was reading the series i gradually started to despise the character of edward cullen and more so toward the end bella also.

    meh win some you lose some.
    October 14th, 2009 at 09:35pm
  • perfectly imperfect;

    perfectly imperfect; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    This shouldn't have been an article. More like a journal. Like [b]Shiznit[/b] pointed out, it was too opinonated.

    I agree completly with [b]yourpinkdiary[/b]. Edward is flawed, and I don't believe that this is such a bad thing. If he had made no mistakes, where would the books have gone?

    What I don't understand is, while calling Edward so "perfect," everyone goes out of their way just to point out the mistakes he made. I'm sure that if he really had been perfect, then he would have done the right things, at the right times, correct?

    In response to your "obvious" reasons:
    [b]On Bella's first day of school, Edward refuses to look her in the eye, and requests a change class right away, now, I understand that he was unnaturally attracted to her scent, but there are rational excuses and just plain extreme[/b]
    How would you feel, let's say if you were an alcoholic, and someone had set a bottle of an alcoholic beverage in front of you, would you be able to resist, so easily? Like you had even pointed out, Edward and his family are "vegetarain" vampires, which means they steer clear of human blood. Surely, you would feel guilty if you had accidently killed someone, just because of what you are. What other ways was he meant to avoid it, besides moving his classes?

    [b]For the first few minutes after he stops her from being brutally killed by a van, Edward treats Bella like she is clinically crazy, saying he did nothing, and that she is crazy if she thinks he lifted a van off of her[/b]
    Now, this, I do admit, I kinda do see your point on this. But, really, what did you expect of him, to announce to her, that he has a super strength, because he's a vampire, right at that moment? No, he couldn't. This was a secret he wasn't allowed to share. If this is suddenly such a bad thing, saving your family's very exsistence, then I don't even know what to think anymore.

    [b]The whole, "I hope you enjoy disappointment" sentence peeves me off to an extreme (I'm sorry)[/b]
    This was just another act to save his family and his secret. This, all that he had to do, was within reason. He didn't do this to act rude or like a jerk. No, it was to protect what he was. Surely, there's nothing wrong with that, correct?

    [b]In the next few chapters, he is back to ignoring Bella, which, to me, is awfully unattractive, I'm sorry, but no girl likes a guy more when he ignores her like she weren't even sitting next to him[/b]
    Once again, like the other two above, he did all of this to keep his family [i]secret.[/i] Now, I'm not exactly sure what your definition of a secret is, but to me, it's called a secret, and it should be kept that way. Also, the whole "I'm a vampire" fact plays some part in this, too. I couldn't even imagine the physical pain it was causing him, just to be [i]sitting[/i] next to her. Don't judge until you know exactly how he feels, trying as hard as he possibly can not to bite her neck.

    The answer to your question, as to what kind of boyfriend would leave you because he thinks it's the best for you, is the [i]caring[/i] kind. Excuse me, but I don't believe caring nowadays is suddenly such a crime.

    And, no, never once did Edward ever, ever blame Bella for potentially blowing his family cover. This part doesn't make any sense, I don't care who you are. The last time I checked, Edward blamed no one but [i]himself[/i] with what happened with James. Maybe you need to go back and read Twilight over again, to make sure you have your facts straight before you start an article.

    Also, I do believe that Edward is protective, yes, but in no way was he controlling. No, he didn't tell her what to do, or how to do it. Like I said before, get your facts straight before starting an article.

    So, no. I honestly can't say I agree at all with your article.
    October 14th, 2009 at 01:31am
  • anesthesia

    anesthesia (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I'm with you here.
    If Edward Cullen was real and tried to date me, I'd gag myself with a spoon. No way, Jose.
    October 13th, 2009 at 11:47pm
  • queeniecharlie

    queeniecharlie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    THANK YOU, for putting this up(: I don't know why everyone is saying Edward is a 'perfect boyfriend'. I say that he is fake. We definatly should NOT care about her characters that she made up. Its her perspective and she can make them how she wants.
    October 13th, 2009 at 11:17pm
  • Light In The Tunnel

    Light In The Tunnel (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Your beginning points don't seem all that bad. The controlling aspects, however, are much worse and they support your point.

    I don't mind Edward, though I do think he's too controlling. But even the first time I read it, I knew I'd want to have some control over my own life instead of being so dependent on a guy. Guess I was smarter back then than I thought.
    October 13th, 2009 at 11:10pm
  • DREAM-BIG-

    DREAM-BIG- (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I disagree with you edward only did certain things so that he can keep her safe.!

    And its not like he said Bella say away from your friends dont bother them Blah Blah. I think what he do for Bella is outta love and Respect for her...cause if he truely didnt care for her he wouldnt be going through all this stuff just to keep her safe like for example make his family help him with JAMES.!


    EDWARD is A GREAT BOYFRIEND.lol
    October 12th, 2009 at 11:38pm
  • Momma Danger.

    Momma Danger. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Kudos to the truth.
    October 12th, 2009 at 09:00pm
  • S.A.M. Fonceca

    S.A.M. Fonceca (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I don't care what anyone else said. I love this article. Finally someone else shares the same thoughts as me!
    October 12th, 2009 at 03:09am
  • twowaystogo

    twowaystogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    What a waste. Edward Cullen the [b]imaginary[/b] character doesn't deserve to be in an article.
    October 11th, 2009 at 06:10pm
  • RainyDays

    RainyDays (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    Okay, when Edward Cullen says "I hope you enjoy dissapointment" he only said that in the movie, not the book. Was it the movie that got to you or the book? I honestly thought the book was better, it always is.

    He only left Bella because he thought he was endangering her because he was a vampire and that because of that, Bella was the target for his enemies.

    When he saves Bella and mentions it, he's only being sarcastic and playing. He's not actually serious when he keeps saying that he always has to save her. Partly because he loves her! Why else would he save her? He's only joking. And Bella also saves him in New Moon when he thinks she's dead! He was trying to die to be with her and because he thought that Bella's death (even though she didn't die but he thought so at the moment) was his responsibility and that it was his fault.

    Edward Cullen was only trying to protect Bella, once again from himself because he thinks that he is a monster. Plus, Bella's blood is just so appealing to him and he wouldn't want to disappoint his family or himself by killing her or anyone else.

    In the movie and book, when Edward tells Bella to tell her father that she wants to leave him he only told her to do that because she had to. Think about it, if she were to stay what could she do? She could try to protect Charlie but Victoria and James are VAMPIRES and she's just a weak human. He also adds, "Charlie will understand one day" or something like that after so it wasn't that he was trying to control her but he was in panic mode and would do anything to keep her safe.
    October 11th, 2009 at 03:52am
  • Knife_called_lust

    Knife_called_lust (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    bazing!!!! excellent article!
    October 10th, 2009 at 03:41pm
  • Irrational PolarBear

    Irrational PolarBear (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Wow! I really enjoyed this! Bwhaha. I completely understand where you are coming from. Yes, I realize that he is a fictional character, but also, a lot of american teenage girls are letting this fictional creation rule their entire lives. And a lot of girls have come to think that Edward is the perfect man, and love him, and then despise Jacob Black, who seems to be the great boyfriend. I agree with you on everything.
    ...I never did like Edward.
    October 10th, 2009 at 04:10am
  • myoneandonly

    myoneandonly (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Seriously, we are all arguing over whether Edward is a jerk or not. Why dont we argue about real people. At least we wont look so weird. I mean arguing over a person in a book? Wow I didnt think Twilight would come to this...
    October 9th, 2009 at 10:35am
  • Drink Me.

    Drink Me. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Yemen
    @electric Goat
    Niceeee! hahaha :p
    October 9th, 2009 at 01:34am
  • Drink Me.

    Drink Me. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Yemen
    It's a book.
    He's not real.
    Get over it.
    October 9th, 2009 at 01:24am
  • Regular

    Regular (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    true dat.
    October 8th, 2009 at 09:12pm
  • jasonsudekis

    jasonsudekis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Germany
    You have a point, but with that face.. he could do whatever he wants. (:
    October 8th, 2009 at 04:41pm
  • Amelia Pond;

    Amelia Pond; (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I'm sorry if I didn't make this clear.
    I do realize he's a fictional character, the problem with the way Stephenie Meyer portrays him is that by being a teen targeted book it creates unreal ideas about what a boyfriend should be like. I've heard many stories and even some of my own friends babbling on about how Edward is the perfect man, yet the only part they see is the sugar coated one instead of the real version of what he is. He is controlling, abusive and a major jerk, and therefore creates this special or perfect version of a man girls are now looking for. Not only the whole "I wish my boyfriend were like Edward." but there's even the crazy, over the top behavior that this type of writing lead to.
    October 8th, 2009 at 07:38am
  • Cree

    Cree (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I loved the Twilight series, but unlike most fans, I hated Edward. I liked him in the first book, but after New Moon I hated him. I drifted to loving Jasper, Emmett, Seth, Jacob, and Embry. I think that the wolves were left out partially because of Edward, and it's not really fair how Edward is a controlling, sometimes-rude, sometimes-gentlemanly vampire while Jasper and Emmett don't go through rude times, and the pack is always the same when it comes to how they act, and yet, Edward is the perfect "Romeo".
    October 8th, 2009 at 04:58am