The Latest News on Green Day's New Work

Green Day have finally officially announced what the hell is happening with their next album, and I did not see it coming.

Three albums are to be released; ¡Uno!, ¡Dos!, and ¡TrĂ©!. They are to be released two months apart from each other, the first being released in September, and the last in January next year. To be honest, I am shocked. I was expecting another album similar to the layout of every other album they’ve made, but instead I’m getting three waves of their brilliance over a short time period? Wow. I am not complaining.

Green Day have been posting short videos relating to their new piece of work, teasing us fans as we got closer and closer to the inevitable release of the album, but I’m sure none of us saw this one coming. As lead singer (and frontman) Billie Joe said about the album trilogy, “We are going epic as f*ck!” That alone excites me on a whole new level. What have they come up with this time? Are we going to hear some older sounds found on Dookie and other earlier albums? Will there be more really long songs like American Idiot had? What emotions will we find strung into clever lyrics? No doubt, these three men will not let us down with these three albums.

For now, we wait. Until we hear that first single, we’ll still have next to no idea about what they’ve been up to. I’d say those teasing videos will keep on coming for a while yet, so they should keep me occupied. But there will always be this anticipation in the back of my mind for the 15th of September, when I will finally get my hands on the first album, which will be awesome as f*ck.

Latest articles