Green Day’s Kill the DJ Music Video

Were you impressed by “Oh Love”s video? Probably like you, I wasn’t impressed in the slightest, but I didn’t let that stop me from watching and enjoying this video, and you shouldn’t let it either! I think Green Day have suffered from the bad first single curse and are heading into the better music with better videos era for their next three albums.

“Kill the DJ” begins with a really long intro (perhaps too long) of the guys riding around on motorbikes. I have to admit, it seems to have no significance, and Mike appears to be the only one who can look good on a motorbike, but it’s not that bad. I originally imagined them actually walking in the dark in a New York City park, but as long as I don’t see almost naked women it’s a huge step up from “Oh Love”.

After giving us a listen of the chorus, the video cuts to a club, which begins my favourite part of the video. It was amusing to see the three older men looking bored, and even confused or disgusted at times, in a club full of young (clothed) people. If you need a laugh, just watch out for Tre’s expressions during the rest of the video. I also liked the shots of the band playing with the club lights on them. It suited the different sound they have for this song and you can tell they’re having some fun with it. Of course, there is some sort of “killing” that goes on during Billie Joe’s wicked guitar solo, but the insane “blood everywhere” shots can easily be overlooked if you’re can’t handle gore too well.

Even if you weren’t that fond of “Oh Love” and its video, you should still check this one out. It’s not the best video out there, or even the perfect video idea for the song, but it’s still something any Green Day fan can enjoy. I personally think “Kill the DJ” is a much better song than “Oh Love”, and the suspense and lead-up to their album trilogy release is killing me. Hopefully there will be some more good songs like “Kill the DJ” on the albums, and some better music videos on the way too!

Watch the video here.

Latest articles