A Sexting Tragedy: Has The Epidemic Gone Too Far? - Comments

  • Otis Otis

    Otis Otis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    France
    I agree with Benjamin Barker.

    I'm sorry for the family's loss and maybe they could've been a little more sensitive to her and handled the problem better but if someone sends out a picture of themselves like that, its not going to impress the guy or girl they like. Odds are it will make them look like a slut or whore. I know it sounds insensitive but it's true.
    December 8th, 2009 at 03:12am
  • Benjamin Barker

    Benjamin Barker (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm disgusted by the indecency of society and the teenage population...
    December 7th, 2009 at 08:24pm
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    v It wasn't really the boy's fault. The text she sent was intercepted by another boy, who then spread it around school. I don't know the story beyond that, but it wasn't the boy she liked who sent it out in the first place.

    This whole story is just so awful. :(
    December 7th, 2009 at 04:35pm
  • pinetrees

    pinetrees (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    Canada
    Holy crap...
    Ack, why is everyone being so judgmental to the poor girl!
    How would YOU feel if everyone started calling you a whore and slut.
    How would you feel if the school suspended you for a week fir no apparent reason.
    How would you feel loosing privledge to the only thing you love.
    How would you feel to have nobody in your darkest hour?
    Exaclty, most don't how that feels.
    And it's horrible how most of you could say it's her fault and that she was stupid.
    It was a innocent girl! Only in her teens !
    Teens make mistakes,! Sure this was one hell of a mistake but the girl liked a guy and wanted to impress him.
    It's bad that didn't think of the consequences, but she probably so dazed with the boy she though nothing would go wrong.
    In all terms I blame the asshole of a guy,
    couldn't he delete the photo? He could've, but he chose not too.
    And what about the school?
    Did they really not care? Couldn't they have atleast contacted the parents?
    Yeah, they could've.
    So why didn't they?
    I say the boy and school should atleast take some blame.
    If not, then what kind of world do we live in when a innocent girl sends one measley picture of her body and then the world turns there backs in her.
    It's a disgusting world, I'm sorry to say I have live on.
    Hopefully after this incident, more teens will take this article in consideration and think first before they do anything stupid involving idiot people.
    December 7th, 2009 at 01:26pm
  • Flynn Rider

    Flynn Rider (300)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Guam
    This made me speechless ):
    December 7th, 2009 at 11:06am
  • DeleteMe12

    DeleteMe12 (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    91
    Location:
    Antarctica
    I agree with Insanity's Artist.
    It's not like she's the only one this has happened to. It's not like no one's made a mistake before.
    December 7th, 2009 at 10:07am
  • mellifluous!

    mellifluous! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Where is the love?
    December 7th, 2009 at 07:21am
  • not here anymore

    not here anymore (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Oh my gosh.
    What kind of world [i]is[/i] this?
    Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, have mercy on us.
    She sends one immoral photo and suddenly no one can have sympathy for her?
    Like you guys haven't ever made a stupid mistake.
    Jeez.
    December 7th, 2009 at 05:27am
  • TheCoreysGirl

    TheCoreysGirl (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Wow. She made a bad mistake, and that one guy took it too far. May she rest in peace. Hopefully she's in a better place. :)
    December 7th, 2009 at 04:51am
  • electricgirls.

    electricgirls. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Though I'm sorry for her family's loss, this is not something to kill yourself over. She was stupid to send topless pictures of herself in a text anyway.
    December 7th, 2009 at 04:42am
  • aimless_ramble

    aimless_ramble (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    it was her own fault =/

    bummer for her parents.
    December 7th, 2009 at 03:15am
  • erin.whatserface.

    erin.whatserface. (160)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Fiji
    ...okay, really. How can ANYONE sit and judge this girl?

    Yes, she did something stupid, sending that picture out, and yes, she killed herself over something other people may not say is that important. But seriously, how can anyone judge her so critically as to say that it was her fault? No one but her led her life. Only she knew what she knew, and to sit here on a computer and say she was stupid and had it coming is sick and bigoted.

    It's horribly tragic that such a young girl ended her life so miserably. She had so much ahead of her.

    Also, beyond that point... how come the school isn't taking more heat for this? Had they done their JOBS as child-care givers, her death could have been prevented. They noticed the signs of trouble, and yet they said nothing to her parents or anyone who could help. The school's failure to stop her played just as big a role in her death as the abusers that tormented her and her own regret for her mistakes did, if you ask me.
    December 7th, 2009 at 01:51am
  • Mr.Muffins

    Mr.Muffins (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with xfirsttimehighx :)
    December 7th, 2009 at 01:48am
  • darklover

    darklover (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    She was young and naive when she did that. She didn't deserve the humiliation. Maybe if there were more understanding people in her school who didn't call her names, she wouldn't have killed herself.
    December 7th, 2009 at 01:10am
  • Bradley Cooper;

    Bradley Cooper; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Ireland
    Stupid. The both of them.
    That's why if you're going to show someone your boobs, do it to their face, and not through a text message.
    December 7th, 2009 at 12:32am
  • thejaxsterrr

    thejaxsterrr (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Some people are being very insensitive about this whole matter. She was only thirteen and I'm sure she didn't know better. You people act like you've never done anything for someone that could be dangerous to your reputation or you people act like you would never do that. Maybe this girl had history with the boy and she thought it was okay for this to happen but had no idea what the consequences were. Her mother never talked to her about sexting and what could happen if she did it. Unfortunately, the girl had to find out the hard way. Some of you people should be a bit more sensitive and quit beating up the girl for her mistakes. She had stated in her diary that she wanted people to remember her for her heart not for her mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes and they just have to live with the consequences. But, no girl should have to go through what she had to go through no matter why or what they did especially at such a young age. If you wonder where I got some of the information in my comment, I watched the Today Show clip about this girl. R.I.P.
    December 7th, 2009 at 12:17am
  • Chain Me Free

    Chain Me Free (130)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    It's sad, but it's really not just that one boy's fault.
    She sent it on purpose obviously, and I'm pretty sure that's not the only reason she killed herself.
    December 6th, 2009 at 09:35pm
  • avisgunshot

    avisgunshot (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Psh. Why do people sext anyway? The guys just gonna think you're a whore anyway. Like who wants to open their phone and be like hm. There's a picture from am girl I don't know. Let's open it... AUGH! *Send to other friends because so terrified*
    It's appalling.
    December 6th, 2009 at 09:24pm
  • MMS1108

    MMS1108 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    What did she think would happen when she sent that text? The boy would fall in love with her because she knows how to show off her body? Did she bother thinking about the consequences? She deserves some sympathy but not a whole lot. There are people out there in really bad situations that need our sympathy more.
    December 6th, 2009 at 09:18pm
  • Sheikara

    Sheikara (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    wow, this is really sad.
    But can't people just tone it down a little. I mean, it's the simple things that impress people. And if they DON'T then they aren't worth impressing.
    And I feel really bad for her family. This must be REALLY hard on them.
    The school really should have said something to her parents...
    December 6th, 2009 at 08:43pm