A Sexting Tragedy: Has The Epidemic Gone Too Far? - Comments

  • x_x24.00

    x_x24.00 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    7th grade? Honestly, WHAT THE HELL!? I have no or little sympathy for her, she chose to take the picture, and she chose to send it to him.
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:28am
  • sketch.

    sketch. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Of course this is a tragic story, and i [i]do[/i] feel for the girl involved, as well as her parents and friends. But... it's a really stupid thing to do in the first place.
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:11am
  • Your.Pink.Diary

    Your.Pink.Diary (165)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    Australia
    She should have known better.

    I don't have sympathy for her because she chose to take the photo and send it to him. It would be a different story if the boy had been there and pressured her into taking a photo and he took it himself.

    But [b]she[/b] took the photo [b]she[/b] sent it to him. There really is no one else to blame but her.

    Yes, it's sad what happened. But at the end of the day she was the one responsible for the photo being out there.
    December 6th, 2009 at 02:10am
  • The Saltwater Room;;

    The Saltwater Room;; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree with androgany, 7TH GRADE? Holy smokes...
    December 6th, 2009 at 01:57am
  • MyXBloodyXRomance

    MyXBloodyXRomance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I'm sorry but I dont feel sorry for this girl
    I know thats horrible but my idiot cousin did the same thing
    went toplell took a pic and sent it to a guy she WASNT dating
    and when the photo spreed she tried to sympathy from me
    I told her her dumbass could have prevented it
    I'm do not feel sorry for this girl.
    December 6th, 2009 at 01:46am
  • dreamcatcher;

    dreamcatcher; (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I have a friend who sent pictures of herself to her boyfriend and he went on to send the picture to every one of his friends and in the end it had gotten around the entire Year 12 cohort and some more of the school as well. And that's over 400 people who saw it...
    Luckily she didn't get so much abuse as to committing suicide but it did make her life incredibly hard for quite a long time.

    I think it's really silly to do stuff like that, and her parents should've been a little bit more supportive, even though it is her really fault.

    Good article though :)
    December 6th, 2009 at 01:33am
  • When_September_Ends

    When_September_Ends (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    New Zealand
    I agree wtih Zeitgeist-, :)

    Nothing else to say apart from great article :) real eye opening :)
    December 6th, 2009 at 01:30am
  • somuchplay

    somuchplay (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    For those saying that it wasn't her fault....Yes it was. She sent the picture, and she sent it to someone she couldn't trust. That was stupid, and it's not something to kill yourself over, sorry.

    I know a guy who sent very inappropriate pictures to a freshman at my school, and she tattled on him, and he got expelled from his own school. But he's still alive and kickin'. Stupid, yes, but not as stupid as this girl...
    December 6th, 2009 at 01:10am
  • Trash Hologram.

    Trash Hologram. (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    seventh grade? jesus christ! what happened to childhood?
    December 6th, 2009 at 12:04am
  • cruciatus.

    cruciatus. (455)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I think it is a very tragic thing that's happening in culture today. It's just another case of people not thinking of the consequences for their actions.

    However, you did make one error that I saw; FFA is not solely dedicated to landscaping. It's generally a crops/farm animal dedicated organaization. However, other than that one small error, everything was well-informing and well-written.
    December 5th, 2009 at 11:54pm
  • x.Disasterous

    x.Disasterous (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Australia
    Who knew that it would lead to suicide?

    But, I can see where she's coming from. She wanted to impress a guy; when girls want to impress someone, they can go to insane measures to catch their attention. I have never done Sexting, and never will. But, it's true; she shouldn't have done that. A picture can circulate the whole school within five minutes. I always thought sexting was like, have phone-sex over text messages. That's what it sounds like, anyways.
    December 5th, 2009 at 11:01pm
  • Macy Emalia

    Macy Emalia (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Sorry, one more thing. The fact that there are people that think that showing any part of thier body should be acceptable means that there could be people just trying to send a picture of themselves to someone casualy and they might not find it to be purposefuly sexual.
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:49pm
  • Macy Emalia

    Macy Emalia (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    Hold on, sexting has quite a few definitions depending on where you are from.
    Where i live "sexting" is sending provocative messages using words, and only words. In many places it’s like phone sex and others its pornography.
    Bottom line, it can be used against you, but it’s still your choice.
    Two people have committed suicide as a result, out of the hundreds of sexting teens. Although, there is no way to know exactly why someone committed suicide, so saying that two people have done it for a certain reason, is truly only a guess.
    (Also, in my opinion, sexting is not pathetic or wrong.)
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:46pm
  • Perfectly Imperfect

    Perfectly Imperfect (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I noticed in the article "Final act of suicide" ....well there usual is only one act of suicide.
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:44pm
  • ilovemasonmusso

    ilovemasonmusso (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    sexting is pathetic. If they like you,they would notice you.
    Seriosuly people? You really should be smarter than that.
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:32pm
  • Fairytale Tragedies

    Fairytale Tragedies (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    sexting. wow ive only heard of one that it wasnt technically the girls fault. she was taking a shower at a friends house and her friend grabbed her phone took a picture of her IN the shower and sent it to all the guys in school. i dont remember wat happened but she didnt commit suicide, i think she moved or something like that.
    i agree with charisma mars. i have depression and yes i do get ridiculed but i always tell myself that in the long run ill be happy and successful. ive been on the 'brink of death' as charisma calls it and i have to say that its only when you are facing death that u realize how great ur life is. ill admit that i do feel extremely sorry for her, but she shouldnt have exposed herself. no girl should and to those girls out there who do actually do that.
    im sorry that u have to take naked pictures of urself just to get a guy to like u. its kinda...pathetic. i hope thats not too mean. its just my opinion.
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:15pm
  • Jessica Jung

    Jessica Jung (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    Sexting is stupid and pointless because you dont see the person and what benifit would you get from sexting?
    December 5th, 2009 at 10:08pm
  • Charisma.Mars

    Charisma.Mars (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Rain, it really is common sense, there no way in hell that you should send a naked photo of yourself to a boy that you are not officially romantically involved with, actually you shouldn't send a naked photo to a guy anyway. Even without the glitch in the phone system, you can't trust guys! They can be very vindictive.

    Her parents also should have at least transferred her out of that school, they knew the situation and they shouldn't have let her go through the abuse. I'm sorry to sound cold-hearted but I have little sympathy, but honestly I have no sympathy for suicides, they took they're own life. I have been ridiculed and I've been on the brink of death, and and I know that everyday is a blessing no matter how tough. She should have went to counseling or better yet, she should have listened to the little voice in her head that told her to be smart and not send the picture.

    I hope girls everywhere learn from her example, it really was a tragedy.
    December 5th, 2009 at 09:36pm
  • Your Mom

    Your Mom (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I kinda agree with [b]Rain_2010[/b].
    I mean, really? Even if it had impressed the boy, he probably would've only been attracted to the fact that that she had nice breasts or she would send him those kinds of pictures...

    Whenever I hear about things like sexting and shit, it makes me kinda glad my stupid phone doesn't send or receive pictures.
    December 5th, 2009 at 09:31pm
  • Rain_2010

    Rain_2010 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I dont know why girls want to inpress guys that much. All they do is bring heartbreak. Sexting is a lame thing to do. They know what's gonna happen when they do that. guys really dont care much. even if she had the guy I bet ya when they broke up she would kill herself. There's no point. If you cant control your self or trust y or self with a cell then you shouldnt have one. End of story.

    Yea I sound mean but really its common sense here. You have a choice in life what you do and you should know the consquense for it. She chose the wrong way and guess what she made the choice of killing herself. Which was stupid anyway.

    I kinda have no sympthany for her... really.
    December 5th, 2009 at 09:00pm