A Sexting Tragedy: Has The Epidemic Gone Too Far? - Comments

  • elsa of northuldra

    elsa of northuldra (550)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I feel really bad for her and her family, its horrible to hear about this type of thing happening. Except (and I don't want to sound mean by saying this) but she knew what she was doing and maybe she could have considered the consequences of her actions before acting.
    December 6th, 2009 at 08:37pm
  • Mr.Muffins

    Mr.Muffins (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    wow....you guys are being pretty harsh.
    she made a mistake and all you guys are saying is 'I have no simpathy for her' and 'it's her fault'
    blaming her isn't going to do anything:\
    December 6th, 2009 at 08:19pm
  • TheRealBatman

    TheRealBatman (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with [b]Rain_2010[/b] and [b]Your.Pink.Diary.[/b] She knew what she was doing. She should've thought about the the hell she was doing when she was taking the picture! I mean, who does that? It doesn't matter how old you are- you hear about 17 year olds sexting and getting put in jail for possession of child pornograhpy because they're still minors. It's common sense, guys.

    And where were her parents? I'm 13, too, and I've never met anyone who's sexted. I honestly feel so sympathy for this girl. I'm sure she's been taught to keep her clothes on. Sorry if I sound insensitive.

    I [i]do[/i] feel sorry for her parents. I mean, what would you do after your kid's been taking dirty photos of themselves to impress someone? They prolly feel horrible.

    I think the boy should've been punished, also. If you get a picture like that, your reaction shouldn't be to send it to all the people you know. He should've told, and this whole situation could've been avoided. I guess this teaches us all not to sext, and if you can't handle a phone then you shouldn't have one.
    December 6th, 2009 at 07:48pm
  • the apex predator;;

    the apex predator;; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    She knew what she was doing when she sent the text. So if you guys are all saying that it's not her fault and this and that and the other, it [i]is[/i] her fault. She didn't accidentally press SEND. She did it on her own. No one was forcing her. She knew what could happen and she did it anyway. She was stupid. Sure, she deserves sympathy but no more extra sympathy than anyone else who commits suicide because they got caught showing off their breasts. The kids who are abused and such deserve way more sympathy. She knew what she was getting into.
    December 6th, 2009 at 06:31pm
  • Spaztastic

    Spaztastic (640)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    While death is tragic, committing suicide over that was stupid. It was her own fault the picture got out and her own fault she got suspended from school and people started calling her names. You should never send nude pictures of yourself to ANYONE.
    December 6th, 2009 at 05:08pm
  • chemical romantics.

    chemical romantics. (210)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm with xXGo-Die-HeraXx
    Because she was thirteen that deserves sympathy compared to the thirty year old that also commited suicide? No!
    Yes, we make mistakes when we are young, we do when we're older too. However even at thirteen we know that killing ourselves isn't right.
    At the age of thirteen we have a sense of right and wrong, and we have morals.
    She paid the consequences of making a mistake in losing the respect of her peers. She couldn't handle not having the approval of everyone which was exactly what got her into the situation in the first place.
    My prayers to her family though.

    On subject of the article however, it was well written and I enjoyed it.
    Thumbs Up, :D
    December 6th, 2009 at 04:44pm
  • twowaystogo

    twowaystogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Oh my god! I wasn't thinking about that stuff in 7th grade. I was thinking about things like glitter art and how to braid my hair.
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:59pm
  • Cosmic Monster

    Cosmic Monster (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Stupidity at its fatal point.
    Mean? i wont take my words back. She should have faced the situation, rather than surrendering infront of it. It may sound rude but i dont feel sorry for people who commit sucide. Call me heartless, but it wont change my opinion about sucides.

    [b]Shazam[/b] as a matter of fact it WAS her fault also I didnt find any comment here [i]blaming[/i] her. i may have perceived it wrong but all of them are just giving out their opinions. And cutting to get a boy?....
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:40pm
  • paranoid android.

    paranoid android. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    All of you people blaming her, and saying it was her fault, shut your mouths. She was a 13 year old girl; if at any time, we will make mistakes to the opposite sex, its when we are young and our hormones are wild and we feel more alone than ever. I cut myself to get to a boy.
    We all have regrets.
    She couldn't take it.
    Show some sympathy. This story isn't here for her critisism, but for other girls and boys to learn from it!
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:12pm
  • Stiles Stilinski

    Stiles Stilinski (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Philippines
    I agree with most of the comments on here. I mean, it was Hope's fault anyway; she could've done some other thing to impress that boy she likes, or just moved on if she knew the boy didn't really liked her back.

    Anyway, I do rest her in peace though. She shouldn't have ended her life because of it. Happens to everyone really, but not in the same way. It's life, and that's how it works.
    December 6th, 2009 at 10:24am
  • rocketqueen6661

    rocketqueen6661 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I don't care if I'm being "mean" here but, it's all her fault anyways!
    She should have been more responsible. I'm fifteen and I don't take pictures of myself naked, because I have common sense. She brought this all upon herself, don't feel sorry for her.
    December 6th, 2009 at 08:13am
  • like airplanes.

    like airplanes. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Canada
    I really don't see her point in killing herself. Yes, she was being ridiculed, but millions of people everyday are ridiculed, and they don't kill themselves, at least, not all of them. It really was her fault, for most if not all of this. [b]She[/b] sent that picture to someone she could not trust, and therefore, she really should've expected the worst. She shouldn't have listened to what people were calling her, and I also think the counselors should have informed her parents.

    This was well written, but I have to say, I have no sympathy for her.
    December 6th, 2009 at 07:48am
  • inactive..

    inactive.. (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    19
    Location:
    United States
    poor girl =/
    December 6th, 2009 at 06:35am
  • TheCoreysGirl

    TheCoreysGirl (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    36
    Location:
    United States
    Wow. I've learned a good lesson from this story: never post a picture of yourself that looks provocative online or send it by cell phone to someone. It will come back to haunt you eventually.

    Rest in peace, Hope. I hope you're in a better place.
    December 6th, 2009 at 05:51am
  • TwilightsMistress

    TwilightsMistress (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Stupid girl.........asshole boy............this is really sad. :(
    December 6th, 2009 at 05:36am
  • Rain_2010

    Rain_2010 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Really your age group? Maybe to sound idk but isn't this whole generation even mine, desperate for attention you just cant rule yourself. Everyone time and time again are desperate. That doesnt give you the right to just send things to people wnen you know the conquense for it. It gives no person to kill themselves either over a STUPID BOY!!!
    December 6th, 2009 at 05:04am
  • Oceanti

    Oceanti (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    My generation (8th grade) is quite messed up. actually most middle school kids are just desperate for attention or "pain killers' (drugs, hookups) blah blah blah. In fact kids I've seen that are about 6-8 are already cracking penis jokes. It's just hows things are now. Modesty is dead for people my age, they're such so caught up in being "mature" when they're just making a fool of themselves. I usually just laugh at kids who do this shit. But this is honestly sad yet ridiculous... I must say it IS her fault, unless you're megan fox guys are probably turned off by nude photos esp. a 13 year olds . Just saying...
    December 6th, 2009 at 04:39am
  • Halii

    Halii (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    ... and whose fault is that?

    if we had had cell phones in the 50's, there would be 'sexting' then too. things may have been a lot more innocent in the media, but people are only animals.
    you live, you fuck, you die, and so does the next generation.
    December 6th, 2009 at 04:30am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    It is sad she killed herself. But in the end, she has no one to blame but herself. It was her choice that did it to her. If she hadn't taken that photo, none of this would have happened.
    December 6th, 2009 at 04:27am
  • queeniecharlie

    queeniecharlie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    27
    Location:
    United States
    This generation sucks.
    And this article proves so.. :P
    December 6th, 2009 at 03:37am