2008 All-Star Game

2008 All-Star Game The 2008 season will be the last season played at Yankee Stadium. To add to the many moments of baseball history experienced in Yankee stadium, the 2008 All-Star game was played there, and what an exciting game it was.

With a final score of 4-3, the American League triumphed over the National League in what now holds the record for the longest All-Star game in the history of professional baseball. The total time of the game was four hours and fifty minutes. This game also tied with the 1967 All-Star game for the largest number of innings, fifteen.

This is the twelfth year in a row that the American League has won the All-Star game. By winning the All-Star game, the American league is also ensured the home field advantage during the World Series.

In spite of how long the game was, the crowd's spirit never wavered. Derek Jeter of the Yankee's commented on their enthusiasm, stating "It seemed like the Stadium didn't want it to end."

In addition to excited fans, all of the players were just as excited to be part of the midsummer classic. Before the game began, many baseball Hall of Famers gathered on the field to meet with this years roster. Albert Pujols of the St. Louis Cardinals commented on how memorable meeting them truly was. He stated it was magical "To have those guys around, all those Hall of Famers, players you really admire, not just because of the great players that they were, but the great people that they are off the field."

Latest articles