Freestyle Motocross Rider Dies After Crashing In Competition

Freestyle Motocross Rider Dies After Crashing In Competition Saturday night, during the X Knights Contest in San Jose, Costa Rica, Jeremy Lusk was injured while attempting a Hart Attack back flip. He failed to complete a full rotation, causing his to slam headfirst into the ground.

He was rushed into surgery at Calderon Hospital where they had to drain a hematoma from the skull. He had an enlarged brain so they were unable to close the skull until the swelling went down. He had made it through the surgery, which the doctor’s had only given him a five present Chance.

They had put him into a medical induced coma for safety reasons, and he was in stable but very critical condition. He had full brain function and it seemed he would pull through.

Sadly, at 11:03pm PST, Jeremy succumbed to his injuries and passed away after entering cardiac and respiratory failure.

In 2008, he won Freestyle gold at the X Games and silver Best Trick after landing the first double-grab Hart Attack back flip, and won a bronze in Freestyle at the Motocross World Championships in San Diego, California.

He leaves behind his mother and father, his in-laws, his wife, Lauren, and his close Metal Mulisha friends, Brian Deegan, Cameron Steele, Erik Apple and Ryan Hagy.

He was only 24.

R.I.P. Jeremy Lusk. You will be missed.

Latest articles