Footy Ending, Biggest Race About To Start

Footy Ending, Biggest Race About To Start The weekend has been filled with football grand finals with Collingwood topping St. Kilda in the AFL Grand Final replay and the Dragons taking on the Roosters in the NRL in the next few hours.

However, with AFL and NRL seasons ending some sport has to take place and what better than to start with the biggest race in Australian motorsport. The Supercheap Auto Bathurst 1000 is looming near and the drivers, like the fans, are eager to get their engines started.

The classic race, not to mention the oldest in V8 Supercars, is about to get underway and with so much history surrounding the race, their is no doubt that all drivers want to make a memory in the 2010 race. The question is, who will be standing on the podiums by the race's end?

For those out there that don't understand why Bathurst is a huge thing here in Australia, basically the drivers are not only racing on a mountain, but they are racing on one of the hardest tracks in the world. This track has caused much chaos and carnage between teams and their cars.

Last year, the 2009 championship belonged in the hands of Garth Tander and his co-driver Will Davison. However, with new rules in place, they are racing against each other. It is hard to put in a tip to say who will be on the podium - every driver is hungry for a Bathurst podium.

All I can say is - Drivers start your engines and may the best driver win!

Latest articles