Maurice Bruce Retires

Maurice Bruce Retires As a young man, Maurice Bruce played first grade rugby for Gordon. He played forty -two first grade games before he turned 21. In 1966 he was listed as an Australian representative for a match against South America.

Maurice, no stranger to pain; has been taken to the hospital unconscious on five different occasions as a result of football and equestrian accidents. In April 2007, Maurice was the victim of a horrible accident, his horse slipped and fell to the ground; knocking him unconscious. His injuries were so severe, that he had to be air lifted out and taken to St. Georges hospital. Maurice remained in a comatose state for two weeks before finally coming too.

Maurice, is deeply saddened by the findings: a former Pharmacist, for the 27 years he and his wife Jane have built their lives around their Stud: breeding, training and competing at the top level on horses they have trained and bred themselves.

Maurice has many a championship under his belt: 3 time winner of the Volvo Australasian World Cup Dressage Championships, World Equestrian Games representative for Australia, and multiple National titles including Australian Eventing Champion just to name a few.

Though retired from the competitive aspect of dressage, Maurice assures his many fans, colleagues and fellow dressage riders that he will continue to breed and train. Maurice also hopes to perhaps begin to judge some FEI dressage shows "Who knows what will happen, not me thats for sure."

Latest articles