Mo Farah vs. Usain Bolt

Mo Farah, a British long distance runner has challenged Usain Bolt, the fastest sprinter on earth to a race. The Jamaican athlete has accpeted the challenge and has agreed on a distance of 600m. Farah laid down the challenge after running a 3000m personal best at the London Anniversary Games this weekend.

Farah usually runs distances over 5,000m whereas Bolt competes in 100m and 200m sprints. Usain Bolt is currently the world record holder for the 100m at 9.58 which he achieved at the 2009 World Athletics Championship Final on 16th August 2009. Mo Farah does not currently hold any world records, however he set a new European record for 1500m of 3:28:81 earlier this summer.

Sport scientists are backing Farah to win, as long distance running is an aerobic event and top speed is not as important. The main focus is pace, whereas in sprinting the main focus is speed.

When this race takes place, it will not only be exciting for the athletes, but the crowds also and this will surely be a heavily publicised and advertised event, as it is in aid of charity. However sport scientists have urged Bolt to focus more on the training side of this race rather than publicity, as 600m is going to be challenging for the sprinter. But one of the biggest crowd pleasers in sport won't let his fans down.

Bookies have already begun preparing for the event and have made Farah a 2-7 favourite over 600m and 1-9 over 800m.

There isn't currently a set date for this event, but it will be highly anticipated amongst the sporting community and the general public.

Latest articles