Leeds United Secure Final

Leeds United Secure Final Leeds United have not had it easy this season. Being demoted a division is hard enough, but starting on -15 is surely something which would hinder any group; except these men. With a storm of continuous wins, a rocky patch was hit midway through, before finally the promotion play off zone was entered where they surely stayed.

Swansea and Nottingham Forest secured the top two stops for promotion with 92 and 82 points respectively, beating Leeds [who came 5th] on their 76 points. At one point automatic promotion was assumed when an appeal for some of the -15 points to be rewarded was supposedly going to happen, ruled against in the final moments of the trial.

LUFC have had a successful year with only 9 losses (4 home, 5 away), 10 draws (4 home, 6 away) and a rather astonishing 27 wins (15 home, 12 away).

The semi final between Leeds and Carlisle was not getting off to the most promising of starts when at home, they found themselves defeated 2-1, but surely this was the push they needed after beating Carlisle away 0-2.

Leeds equalised early to get a collective 2-2 score after a 10 minute goal by promising 19 year old Jonathan Howson. Yet as the game continued, there was little progress goal wise and as extra time rolled into play it was Howson again who scored the winning goal.

The final against either Doncaster or Southend (depending on the outcome of a match taking place upon the 16th May at 7.45) will take place at Wembley stadium on Sunday 25th May.

Latest articles