Padres' Pitcher Injured

Padres' Pitcher Injured Jake Peavy, one of the San Diego Padres top players, has been placed on the 15 day disabled list. His injury started out as nothing more than minor discomfort around his elbow, however it was taken very seriously from the beginning. Peavy commented and said that "I was upfront and honest with the trainers when it happened and we've monitored it and done all we can do with drugs to get me to where maybe we thought it would go away and it hasn't."

The official listing on the disabled list was swelling and a strained muscle. Peavy had an MRI exam of the ligament in question earlier this week and there was no clear damage. For his last four pitching starts, Peavy has felt discomfort and had difficulty pitching to the best of his ability. He stated that "All of a sudden I threw one day and could feel it [the pain] and it never went away and obviously it got to the point where I can't do my job."

Peavy was supposed to pitch against the St. Louis Cardinals during the Sunday game, however he was removed from the line up due to the pain in his elbow. The Cardinals ended up stealing the show and beating the Padres with an impressive score of 8 to 2.

The Padres' manager, Bud Black, commented on the incident and stated that "The doctors were confident Jake will be fine. He's feeling better already." He is expected to make a full recovery and be back on the mound shortly. Peavy is considered to be one of the more talented pitchers in Major League Baseball, having won the NL Cy Young Award last year after he lead the league in wins, earned run average and strikeouts.

Latest articles