Five Year-Old Special Needs Child Voted Out Of Kindergarten Class - Comments

  • God Save The Queen

    God Save The Queen (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with what TheBleach-NarutoFan said, it's discrimination. This may sound cruel, but they're right, it's not quite emotional abuse; they were not hurling threats or abusive words at the child. But it is discriminatory, because she had him stand up in front of the class and did all that because of his autism.

    It is infact wrong, and the child's mother should get a very good lawyer and take the case to court as soon as possible.
    June 1st, 2008 at 04:37am
  • Vincent Price

    Vincent Price (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    My brother has Asperger syndrome, so this really pisses me off.
    Hopefully this kid will be able to get the attention and education he deserves.
    June 1st, 2008 at 04:34am
  • MeganAlexis

    MeganAlexis (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    The worst part about it is that shes not the only teacher with skewed views.

    My nephew is being taught by his pre-K teacher that "soldiers don't cry" and many, many other old age viewpoints.

    Now while it's no where near as horrid as the story of the boy from Florida, it brings up a good question.

    How do you keep it out of the class room?
    June 1st, 2008 at 04:28am
  • AllieAutopsy!

    AllieAutopsy! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    how does that not meet emotional abuse criteria?
    urgh. that makes me sooo mad.
    people like that teacher shouldnt [i]ever[/i] be allowed near children again.
    think about it. would you want her interacting with your kids on a daily basis?
    mmm, i thought not.
    June 1st, 2008 at 03:52am
  • Perseqead

    Perseqead (210)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    My brother is also autistic, and what that teacher did is messed up! I'd file charges immediately! Thats total discrimination!
    June 1st, 2008 at 03:03am
  • efrank

    efrank (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    That's really horrible. I feel so sorry for him. I have autism, and that's downright mean/rude/evil that the teacher would do that.
    June 1st, 2008 at 12:46am
  • katelyn;

    katelyn; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    oh my god, that's horrible.
    i feel so bad for this poor kid, i just wanna give him a hug.
    to be voted out of class, with the help of a teacher? that's disgusting.
    that teacher should just be hit.
    June 1st, 2008 at 12:30am
  • Nurse Espinosa

    Nurse Espinosa (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    25
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I hope that teacher rots in hell.
    Really, I do.
    May 31st, 2008 at 10:31pm
  • Feeling Failure

    Feeling Failure (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    That's downright repulsive. It just [i]is[/i].
    May 31st, 2008 at 07:53pm
  • Buttons.Com

    Buttons.Com (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    That's discusting. My brother has the same thing and last week our new headteacher tried to coax him to speak in class which he thought would help to start to 'cure' him.
    When will people learn that special needs does not mean they are sick or need to be cured.
    Aspergers is often assosciated with photographic memory, this could be stuck in this child's mind forever, it's sick.And it [i]is[/is] abuse.
    May 31st, 2008 at 06:57pm
  • Zed

    Zed (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    That's absolutely appalling. Even if it was some children who decided to have the vote it would be sick. But it was the freaking [i]teacher[/i].
    Not only is it scarring to the child who was so discrimnated against, but that is a way of rooting prejudice within children. They're only five, and so are still learning about things. In a way, it's somewhat beneficial that this teacher is found out, before she continues to spread prejudice of children with disabilities.
    I'm actually in shock.
    May 31st, 2008 at 04:13pm
  • Carver Edlund

    Carver Edlund (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    South Africa
    Is the teacher sick in the head? Why would you want to do that to a kid, never mind a FIVE YEAR OLD
    May 31st, 2008 at 10:20am
  • HystericxBarbie

    HystericxBarbie (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This is sad and plain awful *shakes head*.
    May 31st, 2008 at 09:40am
  • ZombieBunnyKILL

    ZombieBunnyKILL (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Those fucking assholes. They should fire that teacher and the princible.
    May 31st, 2008 at 06:49am
  • xxLiz

    xxLiz (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    wow. that's terrible.
    May 31st, 2008 at 02:23am
  • Perfectly Imperfect

    Perfectly Imperfect (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I was a kid who spoke my midn a lot I would probably call the teacher a bitch and tell her she needs to degrade a poor kid who is three times younger than her just because she hasn't been laid in years....and that's just plain sad.

    I hope she's fired I feel so bad for that kid. If I was his mother I would jump that teacher right there in front of all those kids. I hate ignorant people!

    My older brother died of soem disorder and if he were to live he would be mentaly retarded, he was only 3 days old.

    I swear to god. this shit pisses me off so badly.
    May 31st, 2008 at 01:54am
  • Evil In Disguise

    Evil In Disguise (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    thats so sad
    poor kid.
    :[
    May 31st, 2008 at 12:46am
  • empty with you

    empty with you (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    81
    Location:
    United States
    Oh yeah... btw, I'm Deslexic, wich qualifies me as special needs too. Gonna vote me out of an education too?
    May 30th, 2008 at 10:42pm
  • empty with you

    empty with you (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    81
    Location:
    United States
    I know a little boy who is Down Syndrome. He's the sweetest thing ever. If I found out that he was abused like that, I would Kill the abusers(not really), and then ask for the electric chair, cause I cannot live in a world with people that think that is OK.

    My Aunt is a Special Needs Teacher. I plan to be one when I get older. alot of these kids are normal, their parents just jack them up on medicine so they don't have to raise their kids. One little boy is forced to take ADD medicine that makes him become violent. When he is taken off of it, he acts like a normal 6-year-old. Hyper, as he should be.
    May 30th, 2008 at 10:40pm
  • bye.

    bye. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    AND weather he is "special" or not. No human being , at no age , should be treated like that.
    May 30th, 2008 at 08:24pm