Buried Alive by Love

Please allow me to introduce myself before I go any further.

I'm Raven Jade Pastrana, a pro snowboarder since I was 17. I'm 25 now, adopted, but I don't hold it against anyone.

There's rumors that I'm related to Travis Pastrana and he'd be a year older than me but we look nothing alike and there could be other Pastranas out there. I've met him a few times at X Games but he's never said anything, but anything's possible these days.

The family who adopted me is the Wachters, when I was a kid. It made me Matt Wachter's little sister until I discovered that I wanted to be a snowboarder at the age of 9 on a family trip.

My "dad" knew a family through business in which he talked to them about letting me stay with him. The only problem was that they lived in Finland and my family wasn't ready to let me go yet.

So a deal was made, I'd spend my time in Finland with the Valos and come home for every holiday and break that I could. It was tough, I grew attached to this family and now I was leaving them behind again. In the long run, I learnt a lot living with the Valo family.

Mainly that me and Ville became close friends, and the Finnish language. Plus now I rode with so many people like Heikki Sorsa, Eero Ettala, Antti Autti, Torstien Horgmo, Andreas Wiig, and a few American riders now.

I have duel citizenship too since I was born in New York then moved to Michigan with Matt then to Finland.

My brother's been with 30 Seconds to Mars for a long time now, which I've known Jared and Shannon Leto since then. Only Jared knows about this crush I've developed on Shannon, which I'm too shy to admit to.

Let's just hope that this tour I'm about to go on with them, changes all that.